IGNORED

England Apathy

Is it just me or are more and more English people becoming totally fed up with our so called team of failing football super stars. It has got to the point where I expect us to ponce about against Croatia, huff puff and lose it has happened so many times. I find it hard to accept that we cannot have a Brit managing a team, its is really sad when some foreigner gives team chats and you cannot understand them. Could it be that we have players who are multi millionaires but never ever deliver the goods on the park.

Having watched the game on Saturday can anyone tell me why Rooney, Downing, Lampard and others get so much given to them yet they let the country down badly every time they don the three lions. It comes to something when half of them fail to sing the national anthem, most sides sing with Gusto out lot can't even hum the music. Possibly this is the basis of for the apathy that seems to pervade everything to do with out international football. At the Olympics every athlete, swimmer, cyclist, boxer waved the flag with pride and sung the anthem with joy, bloody footballers could do with a lesson in what it feels like to be humble and normal, if the don't the money bubble will burst in their faces before they know it.

What do you think, especially if you are not English, tell us how it is

Agree with you Jimmy the complete apathy has spread to national TV, a lady :huh: rang 606 to say how disgusted she was that the tv didnt cover the game, she understood that it was not a big draw being Andorra, but was completely shocked that there was'nt even any highlights shown on any channel at all.

She went on to say that this is the National Team and nobody could be bothererd to cover it, had it been any other country it would have been shown live, and apparently even Andorra had it on their tele

What makes it worse is that on Sunday night 2.5 hours was put aside for a unicef game between all the retired footballers, i know it was for a good cause but c'mon is a lot of old pro's with beer guts running around, more important than the National team. The TV companies obviously thought so.

ok heres a foreigners perspective:

the england national team, on paper, are bloody brilliant. the likes of beckham, lampard, gerrard, terry, ferdinand, rooney and owen immeadiately says this team is invincible. but i believe there are three core problems with the national team. whilst all these players are fantastic, they lack team chemistry in their performances. full credit to all of them, they are all class players, but they just cant play that well all together, its a shame because they should do better than what they have done at recently international tournaments. the second problem, now probably not such a problem but ill mention it, i always thought in recent times england have had goalkeeping issues. whilst david james now has finally established himself as the first choice, and despite robinsons good performance at the world cup, i really think it was a problem for some time, and showed immensly when mcclaren was in charge and carson and robinsons form dipped immensly. finally the third problem, and i stress that this doesnt come from the fans, but i think there is a lot of pressure on them to perform coming from people inside the footballing world, and i think in recent times its gotten to them. having a non english manager isnt a problem, look at us aussies, we had guus hiddink and apparently should have won the world cup if it wasnt for fabio grosso taking a dive in the box <_< <_< but either way, i think the future for england now looks bright, they are playing some decent football and i cant see why they wont do very well at the next world cup, if not win it, thats if they can get past australia :P:P

regardless of setanta buying the full game, the terrestrial channels didnt bid what the FA saw fit for the highlights. im sure i read it was £1m for the highlights per game. somewhere between the FA and the likes of BBC/ITV/SKY/SETANATA there is a problem. and thats not even icluding the passionles shower that get the chance to pull on the shirt

It comes to something when half of them fail to sing the national anthem, most sides sing with Gusto out lot can't even hum the music.

Got no problem with them not singing the anthem, it's an embarrassing dirge that needs changing (Becky Adlington made me laugh when she was getting her first gold you could clearly lip-read her saying to the lass that got bronze, "I'm not going to sing, I don't know the words.")

What bothers me is that we have fourteen year old synchronised swimmers with bigger bollocks than all of the England team put together :) .

Can you imagine any of them going through the training regime of even the laziest British rower? Or cyclist? Or even the canoeist who got gold fitting his training around shifts as an A&E doctor? And a glance at the paralympics would do them no harm!

Much too deeply entrenched in the comfort zone our boys, which is why we're underdogs (seriously...check the bookies) against Croatia ffs.

Sad state of affairs.

BBC usually do buy the rights for Internationals, but recently after criticisng Engalnd during the post-match discusions the FA have been reluctant to sell them any sort of rights deal. BBC kept on (truthfly) saying how poor england looked and the FA finally gave full rights to Setanta and Sky, effectivly pricing out terrestial television.

The FA don't like people telling the truth, especially when its at a low financial benefit for them.

Got no problem with them not singing the anthem, it's an embarrassing dirge that needs changing (Becky Adlington made me laugh when she was getting her first gold you could clearly lip-read her saying to the lass that got bronze, "I'm not going to sing, I don't know the words.")

What bothers me is that we have fourteen year old synchronised swimmers with bigger bollocks than all of the England team put together :) .

Can you imagine any of them going through the training regime of even the laziest British rower? Or cyclist? Or even the canoeist who got gold fitting his training around shifts as an A&E doctor? And a glance at the paralympics would do them no harm!

Much too deeply entrenched in the comfort zone our boys, which is why we're underdogs (seriously...check the bookies) against Croatia ffs.

Sad state of affairs.

The anthem is a dirge and does want changing Mike but its symptomatic of a lack of national pride from some of these tossers wearing the three lions, half the time they think they are more important than the country they represent.

Jamie, after the weekend game I have a feeling Setanta will be regretting buying the rights a bit like Sky with Khan, the match fell flat on its face mate

Call me Mark, mate :) .

I couldn't give a shit about the England team tbh. I love my footy but the national team don't interest me. I paid little attention to the Andorra game and didn't even realise we were playing when it was our last friendly. I will probably pay more attention to the game on Wednesday because Croatia will play good football, but not because England are playing. I don't care if we win or lose.

Call me Mark, mate :) .

I couldn't give a shit about the England team tbh. I love my footy but the national team don't interest me. I paid little attention to the Andorra game and didn't even realise we were playing when it was our last friendly. I will probably pay more attention to the game on Wednesday because Croatia will play good football, but not because England are playing. I don't care if we win or lose.

Bloody hell Mark that is apathy mate :lol:

I think the critical point was WC 2006 The way we crashed and burned was the last straw, all summer we'd had hype and the like telling us we'd win, and they were Horrid. thats when the clamour for an "english (shit) manager" came from. that didnt work.

John "Lionheart (when he isn't crying his eye's out like a little girl)" Terry Personified why people hate england now.

I think playing in Champions League competition year after year and in some Premiership games are as big as this - sometimes even bigger in the Champions League

Nice to Know where the Captain's Priorities Lie.

Actually a decent performace for a change. I think Rooney actually performing for once made a huge diference, which actually had some creativity in the squad for a change. Theo did good, not perfect, took 20 mins to get in the game and did loose the ball too easily on occasions, but took his goals very calmly so it would be wrong to criticise him.

Exactly the result we needed and not the result I thought we'd get. Good job

Is it just me or are more and more English people becoming totally fed up with our so called team of failing football super stars. It has got to the point where I expect us to ponce about against Croatia, huff puff and lose it has happened so many times. I find it hard to accept that we cannot have a Brit managing a team, its is really sad when some foreigner gives team chats and you cannot understand them. Could it be that we have players who are multi millionaires but never ever deliver the goods on the park.

Having watched the game on Saturday can anyone tell me why Rooney, Downing, Lampard and others get so much given to them yet they let the country down badly every time they don the three lions. It comes to something when half of them fail to sing the national anthem, most sides sing with Gusto out lot can't even hum the music. Possibly this is the basis of for the apathy that seems to pervade everything to do with out international football. At the Olympics every athlete, swimmer, cyclist, boxer waved the flag with pride and sung the anthem with joy, bloody footballers could do with a lesson in what it feels like to be humble and normal, if the don't the money bubble will burst in their faces before they know it.

What do you think, especially if you are not English, tell us how it is

Ffs Jimmy your on a role, what with this crap and your Dear S L letter!!! Suggest you either write to Kenwrong or slag off Everton - you never know it might just work :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Edited by areyouavinalaugh