IGNORED

England Apathy

Actually a decent performace for a change. I think Rooney actually performing for once made a huge diference, which actually had some creativity in the squad for a change. Theo did good, not perfect, took 20 mins to get in the game and did loose the ball too easily on occasions, but took his goals very calmly so it would be wrong to criticise him.

Exactly the result we needed and not the result I thought we'd get. Good job

Couldn't have said it better Jamie, Walcott was excellent but I'm still not happy with Lampard........its the result the counts in the these games I suppose but why didn't they play like that against the part timers

Flattering to deceive again I'm afraid. We'll likely make it to SA, probably come through the group as well and then play a blinder in the last sixteen.

But, come the quarters.....or if they really feel like teasing us, the semis, we'll come up against Germany/Italy/Argentina/Brazil/Italy on a hot, humid evening and run out of steam like the unprepared Anglo Saxons that we are.

"Bloody Hell" we'll say, "Fancy it being hot in Africa in July, we weren't ready for that! Next time eh?"

Don't get sucked into hoping, I've been doing it since Mexico '70 and I'm not falling for it again <_< !

cant believe no one mentioned heskey. had a great game, caused nothing but trouble for their defence, they often had two marking him leaving so much space for rooney theo and cole. he was a big plus for me, should have done enough to get picked for the next one.

Good shout Steve and he was racially abused. What is it with these Balkan supporters

They're just where we were thirty/forty/fifty years ago. It'll hopefully change but it'll take time, same as it did here (although we've still got a pretty hefty minority of morons who haven't got the excuse of ignorance).

I remember Clive Best, big Jamaican c/f playing for W ham at Analfield and the Kop threw a bunch of bananas to him, I hope that if anything like that happened today the perpetrators would be instantly shopped to the stewards. This lot were making monkey noises, Croatian monkey noises at that, turds the lot of them. They'll become educated if FIFA started banning them from competitions

I remember Clive Best, big Jamaican c/f playing for W ham at Analfield and the Kop threw a bunch of bananas to him, I hope that if anything like that happened today the perpetrators would be instantly shopped to the stewards. This lot were making monkey noises, Croatian monkey noises at that, turds the lot of them. They'll become educated if FIFA started banning them from competitions

That punishment is reserved for the English only <_<

On a slightly different angle....

Stevie Me looks like he's fit for tomorrow. Quelle surprise, him and Carragher probably been talking about how shit it is to play for your country again.

Although after the performance the other night, by rights he shouldn't get back into the team.

On a slightly different angle....

Stevie Me looks like he's fit for tomorrow. Quelle surprise, him and Carragher probably been talking about how shit it is to play for your country again.

Although after the performance the other night, by rights he shouldn't get back into the team.

Great point mate and absolutely spot on. Hopefully Capello has now found a place for the shit, Analfield

oh god i wouldnt drop defoe from england squad, different type of player compared to the other england strikers available. Defoe is class.

I was jsut wondering why owen had been dropped when his form for england is second to none.

On another note it was a bout time rooney played decent and got a goal for england on wednesday.