IGNORED

Fellaini

jofanon

Another point to remember is that he doesn't speak English at the moment, so even though he may be fired up before the game and know hiis job, if things go wrong he will become isolated on the pitch by default. Needs time. Has shown some promise and that's encouraging. Our dilemma is simply because we brought in new face days before the season kicked off and our pre-season seemed to be a bit half cocked. Results were poor and nobody looked fit. We are currently in a hangover and I fear everyhting we worked for last year is going to slip away as happened a couple of years ago. We just don't look like we are gelling at all, the players are saying the right things, but they just don't look the part on the pitch. Fellaini needs time, I can only think of 1 or 2 players that have even looked half the players that they are this season.

The bottom line is that it is very easy to scrutinise the new players and apportion the dip in form to them, but you must remember that they have come here to impress certainly initially and the rest of the team and the manager is responsible for helping them adjust into our team. I think we will be fine, but my worry is that it could be end October/November before we start playing well again and I can guarantee the new players will be the ones impressing.

TWO SEASONS :o :o if he hasnt showed us in two months i'd fookin sell him come the january window.

Licker you cannot expect a player who can't speak a word of english to settle after 2 months and play the best football of his life, everton are still looking for a translator for him so he still probably cannot even say hello in english. that comment was like something a geordie would say about one of there managers, give him time ffs.

All this said he hasn't been an instant hit (I think we all agree there!), I would have still liked to have seen the extra few million for Mountino! I bet he would have made a difference to our poor start.

He isn't an "Instant" impact player though. That isn't his style of game. And just saying we should have spent a few more million to get Joao is pointless. We didn't have any more money! Plus Joao would have been on much bigger wages which need to be factored in as well. If we could afford Joao we would have got him, but we couldn't so we need to move on and get behind the players we do have,.

He isn't an "Instant" impact player though. That isn't his style of game. And just saying we should have spent a few more million to get Joao is pointless. We didn't have any more money! Plus Joao would have been on much bigger wages which need to be factored in as well. If we could afford Joao we would have got him, but we couldn't so we need to move on and get behind the players we do have,.

Well said Jamie and don't forget the vendor has to be willing to sell, even £25 mil plus would not have landed the Joao, he'll be off to Madrid for a hell of lot more at season end

Licker you cannot expect a player who can't speak a word of english to settle after 2 months and play the best football of his life, everton are still looking for a translator for him so he still probably cannot even say hello in english. that comment was like something a geordie would say about one of there managers, give him time ffs.

your telling me after a month everton have not found a translator? dont believe that for one second, guess you must have made that up. even i know two french fellas in the city who could manage that job.

the point is we cant spend all our money on a guy who isnt ready, we dont have the funds for that kind of risk. im sure he'll come good, but waiting for that could be a big downfall

Judge Fellaini at the end of teh season, not half a dozen games in. I work in a call centre, and i started this time last year. For the first few months, i knew noone and hung around by myself, did my work and worked hard but didnt know a lot. Half a year later, i know a bit more and more people, peopel recognise me and i go out with a few of them. A year on and i know all there is to know about my job, pretty much everyone in the call centre recognises me or knows my name or ive spoken to outside of work, and im good at my job.

Apply the same dynamic to football, and next year is a much fairier judge of whether or not he is worht keeping. Either way we've spent a chunk of money on a solid midfielder, who barely speaks the language his manager and majority of his team amtes speak in, he has to adapt and the first month is nowhere a good judge of how well he will do. Plus, he has never played in this league, and although i dont watch as much as i used to, the EPL is one of the fastest leagues to play in, and as was said, in midfield like saturday one of the most clogged onthe pitch. Give him space and time and the boy will do well, but he's 20 in a new country and a new team. One month is hardly the point to decide how you feel, yes he cost £15m, so what? we needed him panic buy or not so judging him now is pointless, judge him end of season when we see exactly what he has been able to acheive. The fact that he's a player with european experience is enough to justify him, can you imagine what kind of midfield we'd have if we didnt sign him last minute? Im sure rodwell would love it but i wouldnt :rolleyes:

2 months is a hell of a long time (10 - 15 games :o :o ) what do you have to do to settle into a game of football ffs, its not a masters degree in scientology

When i was younger i used to hang around the parks after my own teams game, so if any teams was short of players for the afternoon games i would play for them under an assumed name, i never new anybodys name or what tactics they played, i just played the game as i saw it, and was quite often asked if i would sign on for them, so i must have done ok playing with a team of strangers.

And he doesnt have to play "the best football of his life", any half decent performance would stand out against our players who are playing shit, but he does'nt even look as good as any of them. Cahills now out for another 3 games and as far as i'm concerned Fellaini needs to up his performances, and should be getting the MOTM in the next three.

Its only a game of football ffs. <_<

As i have said in another thread, I think he will do better in a 4 man midfield. He is being crowded out at the moment. The debry game was so crowded in midfield it was impossible for anyone in midfield to create anything in the centre of the park.

IMO Fellaini will do better with two up front, giving him a little more time and space in the middle of the park.

I don't think he is a lazy player, I think that he was scarred to commit to anything after his booking. I think he was one of our better players on sat. Once he gets used to the pace of the prem he'll be fine, this is not an age issue its just an adjustment issue. Most foreign players take some time to embed themselves into the prem. He has only just started out here so give him a little time, it was his home début so it would be worng to write him off so early.

Correct, i saw the first time and fellaini was one of the best of everton

Just been thinking about Fellaini!.......Seems we aren't that keen on giving him plenty of time to settle in!, and just maybe Moyes paid over the odds!

Then my mind went back to Jagielka, can't quite remember how much we paid for him, but I do remember how a lot of people myself included weren't impressed with him.Which ever position he played in he didn't really look prem material.

Now after last season a lot of us couldn't imagin the defence without him.Fellaini has come from what we all know is a very good team (dam it) and if as many say he was their best player then he will in time and in the right position come good.It can't be easy for a new player when the team are going through a dodgy patch.

Also correct, prem. is harder,faster, stronger as the belgian league. he comes in a team who doesn't play well and he plays with guys he don't understand.

15m pond is al lot but it was his price. there were a lot of big teams interested. ( man u, real, Arsenal, )

Everton scouted marouane 34 times i think. So i dont think it was so desperated at all.

When he will have the rhythm of the game you will see :ohno02:

i heard that if everton lose against standard liege that fellaini will be loaned back for the rest of the year to regain form

:lol: You are a funny man

We spend 15m on a player only to loan him straight out because he doesn't settle after 3 games! Sounds very logical

Edited by jamiemaher85

2 months is a hell of a long time (10 - 15 games :o :o ) what do you have to do to settle into a game of football ffs, its not a masters degree in scientology

When i was younger i used to hang around the parks after my own teams game, so if any teams was short of players for the afternoon games i would play for them under an assumed name, i never new anybodys name or what tactics they played, i just played the game as i saw it, and was quite often asked if i would sign on for them, so i must have done ok playing with a team of strangers.

And he doesnt have to play "the best football of his life", any half decent performance would stand out against our players who are playing shit, but he does'nt even look as good as any of them. Cahills now out for another 3 games and as far as i'm concerned Fellaini needs to up his performances, and should be getting the MOTM in the next three.

Its only a game of football ffs. <_<

I understand what you are saying but I think you have to give someone time to settle in. Thierry Henry didn't score for about 12 games when he joined Arsenal and looked iffy, Robert Pires was poor for the first season with Arsenal, even Hleb had a dodgy start yet all went on to be brilliant players. Don't get me wrong, Fellaini has not looked a £15m player so far and I am concerned, but he is young, he is playing in a league of a totally different standard, he may feel a little overawed or lacking in confidence at the moment but hopefully he'll come good. My major disappointment is his energy, when we signed him he was made out to be some duracell bunny running machine (he did look like that against Liverpool) but so far, he's looked a little lazy for Everton.