IGNORED

Newcastle Utd (home)

Bill

Ok, just got back from the game as my bastard train broke down. rubbish,

Anyway, the first 44 minutes we where brillaint (well close to brilliant) the other 46 minutes where shocking.

Howard- Could have done better for there goals, a common occurance.

Hibbert- Fairly pointless. Didn't close people down, aimless hoofs, i just don't like him

Jags- Didn't really put a foot wrong, as per usual.

Lescott- Slwly getting better, but still not great.

Baines- OK in the first half, shit in the second. Far to often his passing was off and wasted too many chances. Also, where the fuck was he for newcastle's second?

Arteta- Very good first half, quite second half. Not a captains performance though. Not once did he try and lift the spirit of the team

Fellaini- Very impressive first half, but he is getting very harsh treatement from the referee's. hey keep accusing him of fouls when there is nothing there.

Osman- Very good performance

Pienaar. Ok, not great. School boy error for the first goal though

Yak/ Saha- Both where fairly quiet, not linking up as well as i had hoped, but maybe that will come with time

Overall a very frustrating game, especially after such a good opening, to be subjected to such shite in the second half was hard to stomach

Edited by jamiemaher85

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howard- 5/10 it seems his bottle has gone he wont come to crosses and keeps quiet when he should be dominating his area.

Hibbert- 5/10 He is not Prem quality but some how the manager thinks he is

Jags- 8/10 Passionate, committed and had a good matchj.

Lescott- 6/10 will have to do better.

Baines- 8/10. Pienaar never covered him for their second, his crosses were some of the very few highli9ghts in the game and his line clearances saved us twice

Arteta- 4/10 did he play in the second half. His form has been worrying this term but the manager rewards him with the armband, fucking crazy

Fellaini- 7/10, i think this lad is wondering what the bloody hell he has let himself in for. picked on by refs becuase of his size and being asked to play roles he is not suited for.

Osman- 6/10 he at least tried

Pienaar. 4/10 he is a shadow of the player that arrived last term, he doesn't have to play for a contract now does he?

Yak 4/10 he is on one of his sabaticals, drop him

Saha 4/10 It seems to me he is playing on reputation only, when the going gets tough you want better than this.

Moyes 4/10 Why leave it so late yet again to use his subs and why stick to tactics and players that are one dimensional. I agree with Jamie, Castillo should have been on. Incidentally he still hasn't signed that bloody contract and I'm getting to the point where I hope he doesn't because at present he is clueless

Howard- 5/10 it seems his bottle has gone he wont come to crosses and keeps quiet when he should be dominating his area.

Hibbert- 5/10 He is not Prem quality but some how the manager thinks he is

Jags- 8/10 Passionate, committed and had a good matchj.

Lescott- 6/10 will have to do better.

Baines- 8/10. Pienaar never covered him for their second, his crosses were some of the very few highli9ghts in the game and his line clearances saved us twice

Arteta- 4/10 did he play in the second half. His form has been worrying this term but the manager rewards him with the armband, fucking crazy

Fellaini- 7/10, i think this lad is wondering what the bloody hell he has let himself in for. picked on by refs becuase of his size and being asked to play roles he is not suited for.

Osman- 6/10 he at least tried

Pienaar. 4/10 he is a shadow of the player that arrived last term, he doesn't have to play for a contract now does he?

Yak 4/10 he is on one of his sabaticals, drop him

Saha 4/10 It seems to me he is playing on reputation only, when the going gets tough you want better than this.

Moyes 4/10 Why leave it so late yet again to use his subs and why stick to tactics and players that are one dimensional. I agree with Jamie, Castillo should have been on. Incidentally he still hasn't signed that bloody contract and I'm getting to the point where I hope he doesn't because at present he is clueless

Its his second game back from injury, and his first start of the season. No one hits the gound running, even last season Pienaar took awhile to settle, and even after he setteled in he still made stupid decisions and mistakes, such as the penalty he gave away against Man U.

Give the lad time. Its pointless writing him off 1 game into the season after he has been out injured for around 2 months. If he is still shit in a month then i'l grant you your complaint, but at the moment give the lad a break.

said to my dad before when i heard the team i hope jags waqs captain shame he wasnt only player who has a bit of heart at the moment! england class for sure if lescott is so far! we know it will come just gotta get that first home win and clean sheet! fellaini seems better goin forward for me? decent in air and if we're gonna play like we are might aswell use that and play castillo as the holdin player as i think he was decent in the games hes played so far! osman is class just gets knocked off to easy fellaini could add some steel attackin wise in the midfield cos no strength there! pienaar is good we know that only just come back and i think he linked up well yesterday but was totally nowhere to cover baines for their 2nd! yakubu, i know hes lazy and he aint scorin now but he can do after doin nothin for 89 mins. also hes havin to come out to the wing to collect the ball cos the midfield isnt happening so hes not gonna score from out there! hes not gettin the service not easy score if nothin to feed off is it? we will come good and just have to win the fa cup now to get into europe or be nice boys and get no cards again like last year ^_^

Baines was very good and is a starting left back for me, he has been given his chance and has taken it.

Osman, yet again MOTM for me was excellent today.

Jags was solid, not his best game but his standards are so high anyway.

Lescott is so much more suited to CB.

Hibbert was OK and is better at RB than Neville.

Pienaar was poor.

Saha was very poor.

Arteta seems to be thinking about other things whilst playing - biggest let down of the season so far.

Howard - maybe his turn to be dropped?

Fellaini, well IMO it is not too early to judge him, he is not a patch on Carsley and cannot protect the defence well enough.Yakubu seems to have taken lessons from Johnson before he left in running into the backs of defenders.

1st half was good, 2nd half was poor - a game of 2 halves.

Hi ! I didn't see the game but once at home had a look at the results of the prim league.

I don't have much time 'cause I'm suppose to work now. I just want to reassure you. Be sure he can defend. Belgian soccer ist most of the time based on a good defence.

It looks like, with most of the comments here, that he played better... give him 2 months more... I am confident !

Its his second game back from injury, and his first start of the season. No one hits the gound running, even last season Pienaar took awhile to settle, and even after he setteled in he still made stupid decisions and mistakes, such as the penalty he gave away against Man U.

Give the lad time. Its pointless writing him off 1 game into the season after he has been out injured for around 2 months. If he is still shit in a month then i'l grant you your complaint, but at the moment give the lad a break.

What you say has to be right Jamie but my comments are baseed on that display and some he made towards the end of last term. When he first landed he was like a breath of fresh air but where was he yesterday, as you say he made a schoolboy error remember the penalty he gave away at OT last season. Schoolboy errors aren't down to fitness

Edited by Jimmy the blue

What you say has to be right Jamie but my comments are baseed on that display and some he made towards the end of last term. When he first landed he was like a breath of fresh air but where was he yesterday, as you say he made a schoolboy error remember the penalty he gave away at OT last season. Schoolboy errors aren't down to fitness

Haha. I even wrote that in my last comment! Where you just skim reading?

Once again we see the usual round of scapegoats - mainly Arteta. We scored 2 goals, Arteta is there to create goals, he's not going to do it every time he plays but at the end of the day our team scored twice so our attacking/creative players did their job, it's the defensive players who are letting us down this season - remember that. Scoring goals haven't usually been a problem.

Lots of people seem to be praising Fellaini, partly because he scored no doubt but also mainly because he's new and every new player we sign everyone kisses their ass for a bit. He was crap, simple as. How many times do you remember us losing a 2 goal lead at home with Lee Carsley in the team? particularly against a team like Newcastle who are devoid of confidence? The bottom line is Fellaini is not there to score, he's not there to have a few nice touches, he's there to win the ball (rather than constantly foul from behind) to win headers and to protect the back 4, yet so far I think I've yet to see him doing anything of note in and around our own penalty area. When he's in a team with Osman, Pienaar and Arteta surely he must recognise they're better on the ball than he is so he needs to sit back and defend, yet he seems totally oblivious of his defensive duties. Yet you still get people questioning how good Lee Carsley was - he's the only first team player we're missing from last season and just look how abysmal we look defensively without him, it doesn't take a genius to work out what is wrong with the team, it's the fact that Fellaini can't fill Carsley's boots. Hopefully in time he will, but he needs to start doing it sooner rather than later otherwise we'll be in trouble.

I also thought Pienaar had an excellent first half personally, disappeared in the second though. I thought it was Saha who gave it away for the first goal, not Pienaar? I do think Howard isn't having the best of seasons but I don't see how he could have stopped either goal personally, the first goal was an absolutely sublime cross and the second was unstoppable by any goalkeeper.

There is only one thing to do when you are faced with the kind of situation Everton are currently in – roll your sleeves up and battle through. It might sound simplistic but, really, there is no other solution; having suffered such a wretched sequence of results in the past few weeks, the squad has got to stick together like never before. When a team is making smooth progress and you are winning games here, there and everywhere, the training ground is a happy place to be. Everyone gets on with their jobs and morale is the last thing you worry about.

But when you have a situation like the one we are in at the minute, it’s only natural that there are long faces, so, with that in mind, I really wouldn’t be surprised if David Moyes has a trip to the Lake District in mind like the one we went on three years ago. Being knocked out of both the Carling and UEFA Cups, coupled with the defeat against Liverpool and Sunday’s infuriating draw with Newcastle, is hopefully as low as it will get for the Blues this season and maybe this international break has come at the right time. Of course, things won’t get any easier when play resumes – how could they with games against Arsenal and Manchester United? But it would great to see us chisel out a 0-0 draw from somewhere soon.

At the minute, we don’t look like being able to keep a clean sheet and a goalless stalemate would, in many ways, have been better than the result against Newcastle as the defence would have had something to work with. The goals we conceded on Sunday came at horrible times and the first one completely changed the dynamics of the game – from feeling totally positive and in control, the jitters set in and it was worrying to see the Blues hanging on at the end. Comfort, however, should be taken from the fact that there is still plenty of time to turn the situation around – there are still 31 games to be played, after all and you would think there is enough talent in the squad to put a lengthy unbeaten run together. That said, it is up to the senior players to lead the way; Mikel Arteta, for example, wore the captain’s armband on Sunday and while he is not a Tony Adams, he is an intelligent guy and can inspire by the way he plays. Others have to follow suit.

I read that from Nigel Martyn after the disspointment against Newcastle. I really hope that we can turn things around, and maybe he is right. The break has come at the right time and we can look towards a 0-0 + 0-0 result.

Just to clear up who gave away the ball for Newcastles first, it was Yakubu...again!

He gave away a stupid frre kick in the dying seconds against Blackburn, which led to a goal!!

and he gave it away on Sunday!!

Remember lads.......final seconds of a match or even the first half, when what you really need is safety.......DON'T GIVE IT TO THE YAK!!

I was one of Carsleys bigest fans on here.....but he's gone, time to move on.He was at times some peoples fall guy!Just goes to show what some people really know about football :rolleyes:

I'd like to have seen that first half performance, but with Vaughan and Anichebe up front! to me The Yak and Saha didn't really do that much.Shake them up a bit, the Yak thinks he's going to start every week...........come on, we can feed someone else.

Once again we see the usual round of scapegoats - mainly Arteta. We scored 2 goals, Arteta is there to create goals, he's not going to do it every time he plays but at the end of the day our team scored twice so our attacking/creative players did their job, it's the defensive players who are letting us down this season - remember that. Scoring goals haven't usually been a problem.

Lots of people seem to be praising Fellaini, partly because he scored no doubt but also mainly because he's new and every new player we sign everyone kisses their ass for a bit. He was crap, simple as. How many times do you remember us losing a 2 goal lead at home with Lee Carsley in the team? particularly against a team like Newcastle who are devoid of confidence? The bottom line is Fellaini is not there to score, he's not there to have a few nice touches, he's there to win the ball (rather than constantly foul from behind) to win headers and to protect the back 4, yet so far I think I've yet to see him doing anything of note in and around our own penalty area. When he's in a team with Osman, Pienaar and Arteta surely he must recognise they're better on the ball than he is so he needs to sit back and defend, yet he seems totally oblivious of his defensive duties. Yet you still get people questioning how good Lee Carsley was - he's the only first team player we're missing from last season and just look how abysmal we look defensively without him, it doesn't take a genius to work out what is wrong with the team, it's the fact that Fellaini can't fill Carsley's boots. Hopefully in time he will, but he needs to start doing it sooner rather than later otherwise we'll be in trouble.

I also thought Pienaar had an excellent first half personally, disappeared in the second though. I thought it was Saha who gave it away for the first goal, not Pienaar? I do think Howard isn't having the best of seasons but I don't see how he could have stopped either goal personally, the first goal was an absolutely sublime cross and the second was unstoppable by any goalkeeper.

Carl, have you lost the plot a bit here, 'the usual round of scapegoats', do me a favour, Arteta was supposedly skippering the bloody side, he was like the invisible man in that second half, his head dropped further than anyone elses, Moyes reward for him playing crap give him the arm band bloody stupid.

Fellaini gets it in the neck from you with you stopping to think that he is playing to the managers orders, after all is said and done Moyes bought the lad to do that task, no gripes from you against darling Davie though mate hey.

Howard is so nervous, so unsure he should be dropped if we have a competent deputy, but Carlo Nash signed by darling Davie has big question marks against him and our two youngsters have had their careers shot down by the manager signing Nash as cover. Howard delayed coming for a catchable cross for that first goal and not for the first time this season

I'm not saying Arteta played well, as he didn't - all I'm saying is he isn't the reason we didn't win the game, the reason we didn't win the game is the fact that our defensive unit isn't functioning and we let in two goals. How many times have we let in goals this season from out wide, when the CB's have been pulled out of position or marking another man? the second goal on Sunday again the midfield were so slow in getting back. So many of the goals we're letting in I can't help but think Carsley would have probably been there mopping up. You don't know what Moyes sent Fellaini out to do, no more than I do - but I would ASSUME looking at the personnel that out of Osman, Arteta, Pienaar and Fellaini that Fellaini would be the one sent out to protect the defense and he didn't.

It's just a load of rubbish, Arteta made a few nice touches, scored a goal and worked hard but he's a disgrace, Fellaini makes a few nice touches, scores a goal but doesn't do his job in the team (defending) yet he seemingly is absolved from blame? I don't care if he looks slightly better on the ball than Carsley (although that is still open to debate) as Carsley was brilliant at doing his job, the same way Cahill in a 5 is brilliant at his job and Michael Owen is brilliant at his job. None of them are amazingly gifted players, but they know what they do best and they fulfil a crucial role. Fellaini is doing nothing except prance around midfield occasionally fouling people. Look at Mascherano, look at Fellaini, there is no comparison. I'm not saying he shouldn't be given time, all I'm saying is at the moment it is the defensive midfield in our midfield that is costing us results. Fix that one position and our season will transform but at the moment both Castillo and Fellaini, in particular, look lost at sea.

oh and yes, Moyes has to take the blame for that. What you don't seem to get Jimmy is that I'm not saying Moyes is doing a brilliant job this season, as that would be obviously insane, what I am saying is that due to what he has consistently done for us over 5 years he deserves time to put it right and he deserves some faith and respect. I mean, you beat Moyes with the 'he doesn't care about the club' stick because he wants 65k a week one minute, the next you take a dig that we didn't sign Fernandez - the one player who totally screwed us over the minute he got a better offer and then came back and did absolutely nothing except showboat for 8 games. Isn't that slightly hypocritical?

I'm not saying Arteta played well, as he didn't - all I'm saying is he isn't the reason we didn't win the game, the reason we didn't win the game is the fact that our defensive unit isn't functioning and we let in two goals. How many times have we let in goals this season from out wide, when the CB's have been pulled out of position or marking another man? the second goal on Sunday again the midfield were so slow in getting back. So many of the goals we're letting in I can't help but think Carsley would have probably been there mopping up. You don't know what Moyes sent Fellaini out to do, no more than I do - but I would ASSUME looking at the personnel that out of Osman, Arteta, Pienaar and Fellaini that Fellaini would be the one sent out to protect the defense and he didn't.

It's just a load of rubbish, Arteta made a few nice touches, scored a goal and worked hard but he's a disgrace, Fellaini makes a few nice touches, scores a goal but doesn't do his job in the team (defending) yet he seemingly is absolved from blame? I don't care if he looks slightly better on the ball than Carsley (although that is still open to debate) as Carsley was brilliant at doing his job, the same way Cahill in a 5 is brilliant at his job and Michael Owen is brilliant at his job. None of them are amazingly gifted players, but they know what they do best and they fulfil a crucial role. Fellaini is doing nothing except prance around midfield occasionally fouling people. Look at Mascherano, look at Fellaini, there is no comparison. I'm not saying he shouldn't be given time, all I'm saying is at the moment it is the defensive midfield in our midfield that is costing us results. Fix that one position and our season will transform but at the moment both Castillo and Fellaini, in particular, look lost at sea.

oh and yes, Moyes has to take the blame for that. What you don't seem to get Jimmy is that I'm not saying Moyes is doing a brilliant job this season, as that would be obviously insane, what I am saying is that due to what he has consistently done for us over 5 years he deserves time to put it right and he deserves some faith and respect. I mean, you beat Moyes with the 'he doesn't care about the club' stick because he wants 65k a week one minute, the next you take a dig that we didn't sign Fernandez - the one player who totally screwed us over the minute he got a better offer and then came back and did absolutely nothing except showboat for 8 games. Isn't that slightly hypocritical?

Hold on a moment, you accept that Moyes is screwing up this term but deserves a greatly increased contract, it was Moyes who brought Manny back if I'm not mistaken but you blame Manny for show boating, under Moyes's tutelage. You blame Fellaini for not knowing our system but castigate Fernandes who did know our system. In other threads you have defended Arteta for being our only creative player adding he should take the dead ball kicks but Fernandes who oozed skill and could hit a dead ball is a show boater, make your mind up................

At the end of the day it is the managers responsibility, he picks the players, he has signed those players and spent more than most in doing so. Why the hell he has left Castillo on the bench is beyond me, especially after the peach of a volley he scored but no Moyes is the guy you believe will get it right, I'm starting to have big big doubts as his post match interviews suggest he has not got a clue what has gone wrong or why and if he goes on blaming the players he lose the changing room if he's not careful, but you seem happy with that, I am not

Edited by Jimmy the blue

carl if you knew as much as you think you do then you would have realised what moyes meant when he said Fellaini isnt just a defensive midfielder by his role on sunday, when played in a 442 it isnt his job specificly to protect the defense more than it is Osmans, they should get up and down the pitch. did Osman? No, he did play well but didnt do enough defensively, I can understand as Osman is an attacking midfielder and Fellaini is supposedly a defensive midfielder, but having a go at fellaini not protecting the defense when Osman didnt do any better isnt on, if we had played 451 and it was fellaini in front of the back four I would agree in every way but he wasn't, he done his job and hibbert and the yak didnt. Im not trying to defend him becuase he's a new player because we all know his price tag is high but give him a brake he probably doesnt no 50 words in english yet, and not only did he look better on the ball than the hole team but he got on the scoresheet and I couldnt remember him giving the ball away in the hole game, he didnt hit 1 long ball up, he kept everything tidy and started off attacks.

Edited by Blue4Ever

carl if you knew as much as you think you do then you would have realised what moyes meant when he said Fellaini isnt just a defensive midfielder by his role on sunday, when played in a 442 it isnt his job specificly to protect the defense more than it is Osmans, they should get up and down the pitch. did Osman? No, he did play well but didnt do enough defensively, I can understand as Osman is an attacking midfielder and Fellaini is supposedly a defensive midfielder, but having a go at fellaini not protecting the defense when Osman didnt do any better isnt on, if we had played 451 and it was fellaini in front of the back four I would agree in every way but he wasn't, he done his job and hibbert and the yak didnt. Im not trying to defend him becuase he's a new player because we all know his price tag is high but give him a brake he probably doesnt no 50 words in english yet, and not only did he look better on the ball than the hole team but he got on the scoresheet and I couldnt remember him giving the ball away in the hole game, he didnt hit 1 long ball up, he kept everything tidy and started off attacks.

Fair enough, although personally I thought Fellaini contributed virtually nil except for his goal. If he hasn't been bought as a defensive midfielder then seriously, we are in trouble as neither Neville or Castillo look good enough so far in that position either to cover Carsley's absence. The DM is one of the most important positions on the pitch and as the international team has proved, without a DM in the team you'll struggle to get results as you need the balance.

and Jimmy, I think Arteta works hard, I don't think he just wanders around lazily showboating like Fernandez did, getting tackled in his own half time and again. How many times do we need to repeat the Moyes argument, Moyes is not getting it right SO FAR this season, but it's only 8/9 games old and he has more than enough time to turn it around. I think his contract should be based on what he has done for the club so far, encompassing his whole career at Everton, not 8/9 games this season and on his market value compared to other managers. I don't believe in knee jerk reactions. Newcastle do.