IGNORED

Newcastle Utd (home)

Bill

After the shambles continued against Standard will the manager continue to tinker with the team.

Baines and Lescott have been poor this season, yak has played 3 games on the spin and looked completely devoid of how to get past a defender.

My team would be experimental to make everybody sit up and play for their places.

------------------------- Howard ---------------------------

Neville ---------- Yobo ---------- Jagielka ------- Valente

Arteta ---------- Fellaini -------- Castillo -------- Pienaar

------------------ Saha ----------- Vaughan ---------------

Subs, --- nash --- lescott -- osman --- rodwell -- yakubu -- baxter --- anichebe

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Team to face Newcastle.

GK - Howard

RB - Neville ©

CB - Lescott

CB - Jagielka

LB - Valente

RM - Arteta

CM - Kissock

CM - Cahill

CM - Osman

LM - Pienaar

CF - Saha

SB - Nash

SB - Baines

SB - Fellaini

SB - Castillo

SB - Rodwll

SB - Yakubu

SB - Baxter

Dark - That is the stupidest midfield you could have used :blink: . There's not a single defensive player there, Cahill is suspended, there's no height, and you want to start Kissock! Can I have some of what you've had? ;)

Forgot Cahill was suspended. I thought of maybe using five in the midfield to cut down on wave after wave of attacks whilst at the same time having good firepower going foreward. Kissock's looked good in training and with the spirit that Baxter came on with hopefully he can do something for us. Maybe bring some Acadamy spirit into things. What have we to lose? Season's over and it's only October.

And here's the stuff, Orange Peel mixed with Salami, sniff it.

I'm sorry but Newcastle would walk right through us with that midfield, especially down the middle. Kissock is not good enough for the Prem, plus he's not going to be upto pace. Why push Kissock ahead of Baxter or Rodwell out of the youngsters when both of those have had first team experience? It makes no sense.

Having a man midfield is all well and good but that particular 5 man midfield won't stop the attacks at all, we'd be over run.

Edited by Romey 1878

I'm sorry but Newcastle would walk right through us with that midfield, especially down the middle. Kissock is not good enough for the Prem, plus he's not going to be upto pace. Why push Kissock ahead of Baxter or Rodwell out of the youngsters when both of those have had first team experience? It makes no sense.

Having a man midfield is all well and good but that particular 5 man midfield won't stop the attacks at all, we'd be over run.

In that case back to the usual? Keep Saha and Yakubu up front, stick with our midfield and back four and hope for the best? It's starting to look like trouble when your worrying against teams like Newcastle United. :(

In that case back to the usual? Keep Saha and Yakubu up front, stick with our midfield and back four and hope for the best? It's starting to look like trouble when your worrying against teams like Newcastle United. :(

That's not what I'm saying. What I mean is, there's changing it around to shake things up and then there's suicide. That midfield would be suicide.

That's not what I'm saying. What I mean is, there's changing it around to shake things up and then there's suicide. That midfield would be suicide.

OK. I suppose that your right - we need to build on a solid team in order to give a solid performance. He'll probably keep Hibbert at RB, again because he's one of his favourites (dunno why) and we'll probably give a result something similar to that of Standard Liege. We need something to get us going, get us motivated. I mean bar the likes of Neville & Jagielka none of the players seem bothered about the predicament that were in.

What happened last time - Interesting Read..

Everton clinched fifth place and UEFA Cup qualification as Ayegbeni Yakubu netted a brace in their 3-1 win over Newcastle at Goodison Park. The £11million that boss David Moyes paid for Yakubu has clearly paid off, with Everton back into Europe for the third time in four seasons. He took his tally for the campaign to 21, and became the first Everton player to top 20 since Peter Beardsley 16 years ago. Yakubu's first was a powerful header, and his second a late penalty. In between Joleon Lescott had settled Everton's nerves by putting them ahead again after a Michael Owen penalty had taken Newcastle level just seconds into the second-half.

At one stage Aston Villa - struggling to overtake Everton - were leading at West Ham, but that game ended 2-2 and Everton were already home and dry having held fifth place since the new year. Everton were without injured pair Tony Hibbert and Andrew Johnson for this final game of the season, with player of the year Lescott passed fit but knowing he will need treatment on a knee problem during the summer.

Everton brought in Victor Anichebe up front while Newcastle were missing Geremi, Joey Barton, Mark Viduka and Obafemi Martins from the side that lost at home to Chelsea on Monday. Damien Duff, Alan Smith, Charles N'Zogbia and Andrew Carroll came into the Geordies' line-up. Sun-drenched Goodison Park was packed and with a tremendous atmosphere. This was due in no small measure to the constant chanting from the Newcastle hordes, much of which was in support of Kevin Keegan. It was 20 year-old Carroll - making his full league début - who had the first shot, an effort on the turn that forced Tim Howard into a save to his right.

Manuel Fernandes fired over from 20 yards for Everton, while Yakubu saw a low drive just miss the far post, with Anichebe just inches away from a connection. Referee Peter Walton had been lenient over a few tackles and some blatant holding but booked Damien Duff for pulling back Fernandes. Fernandes got up to take the free-kick himself, and lifted it into the box for Yakubu to power a header past Steve Harper, his 20th of the season, after 28 minutes. Newcastle's response was a 25-yard free-kick from N'Zogbia that dipped a foot over Howard's bar, but they were penned back from then on. Yakubu had the ball in the net again with a close-range header, set-up by Lescott's nod back into the six-yard box. But Lescott was judged marginally offside and the effort was ruled out.

Harper punched away from Fernandes and Leon Osman curled a 20-yarder just wide as Everton sought to make the most of possession and territorial advantage. Then Harper managed to save a Yakubu effort at full stretch, before fumbling the ball behind as he lay on the pitch. The barrage continued when Anichebe saw a powerful header fly just over before Harper saved well from an Osman drive. Newcastle were hanging on now for the break and only a Harper kick away from Steven Pienaar avoided more trouble.

Newcastle replaced the injured Abdoulaye Faye with Claudio Cacapa at the break, and they were level within 30 seconds of the restart. Joseph Yobo, caught off balance by a swerving run by N'Zogbia, sent the Newcastle forward flying in the box, and referee Walton pointed to the spot. Up stepped Michael Owen to fire home the penalty, to become the first visiting player to score in four successive appearance at Goodison Park since Tom Finney in the 1950s.

Three of those have been for Liverpool, and now it was the former Anfield star who was threatening Everton's path into Europe. Storm clouds were now enveloping, with accompanying thunder and lightning, as Harper superbly tipped over a swerving Fernandes free-kick. The atmosphere was very different now. Alan Smith was booked for a foul on Pienaar after 65 minutes, Everton now having nothing like the grip on the game they had in the first-half. Anichebe broke away and fired across goal, Yakubu not being close enough to turn it home.

But Everton were ahead again after 70 minutes when Fernandes' chip into the box was flicked on by Steven Taylor, and there was Lescott to role the ball into the far corner. Harper had to save at Anichebe's feet before Everton got their third. Osman's run into the box after 82 minutes was met with Taylor's challenge, taking man and not ball and referee Walton evened up the spot-kicks with one for Yakubu to drill home.

Everton sent on Leighton Baines and Thomas Gravesen with six minutes left for Yobo and Anichebe. Gravesen, whose loan will not be renewed, got a tremendous reception from fans on his last appearance for the club. Lee Carsley was next to make way - for teenager Jack Rodwell - to another ovation for a player who may not sign another contract at the club. Peter Ramage replaced Taylor for Newcastle.

By now Everton fans were in party mood, the position secured and European football back at Goodison again next term.

if moyes had a fucking idea bout choosing his team he would play

--------Howard--------

Neville----Yobo----Jags----Lescott

-------------Castillo-----------------

Arteta-------Fellaini--------Peanuts

Yak-------------Saha

so simple and will comfortably beat newcastle

Trio Doubtful For Barcodes

Everton boss David Moyes has been left waiting on the fitness of three players ahead of Sunday's visit of Newcastle United. Captain Phil Neville is the manager's biggest doubt after he picked up a hamstring problem in Thursday's game against Standard Liege. Meanwhile Tony Hibbert, who only made his comeback after five months out in last Saturday's Merseyside derby, has been suffering with cramp. Striker Louis Saha was another to return from Belgium with a knock and Moyes says he will have to assess the fitness of all three over the weekend. Speaking to the media ahead of the game at Goodison, the Toffees chief said: "We've got one or two [knocks]. Phil Neville's got a bit of a hamstring injury I'll need to assess.

"Tony Hibbert's suffered from cramp in both games so we'll have to see how he is. There are one or two other knocks and bruises - Louis Saha took a knock as well.

"But we're only just back [from Belgium] so we'll have to see how they are over the next day or two."

Moyes is definitely without midfielder Tim Cahill after an appeal against his red card in the Liverpool game was rejected. The Australian will miss Everton’s next three games. But Marouane Fellaini is back in the reckoning having been cup-tied in midweek.

Everton: Howard, Nash, Turner, Neville, Hibbert, Yobo, Jagielka, Lescott, Baines, Valente, Castillo, Fellaini, Osman, Arteta, Pienaar, Rodwell, Baxter, Yakubu, Anichebe, Saha, Vaughan.

Team to face Newcastle.

GK - Howard

RB - Neville ©

CB - Lescott

CB - Jagielka

LB - Valente

RM - Arteta

CM - Kissock

CM - Cahill

CM - Osman

LM - Pienaar

CF - Saha

SB - Nash

SB - Baines

SB - Fellaini

SB - Castillo

SB - Rodwll

SB - Yakubu

SB - Baxter

Dark not such a bad side as some are making out, only changes I would probably make to it would be castillo and fellaini in for Kissock and suspended cahill, and also if moyes had the balls he would drop arteta to give him the kick up the arse he needs.

Castillo is by far our best DM at the mo and cannot understand how he isnt a regular.

And totally agree that saha is a better lone striker than the Yak, and just think how great it would be to be able to bring people like arteta and the Yak off the bench!!!!

Come on moyes its time to make the hard decisions and earn your money, players need to earn the right to pull on the royal blue and not just be given it on past performances!!!

COYB!

--------Howard--------

Neville----Yobo----Jags----Lescott

-------------Castillo-----------------

Arteta-------Fellaini--------Peanuts

Yak-------------Saha

As long as Neville and Saha can come up i would agree with that team. Really think Castillo has looked good since he came here and have no idea why he didn't play the other night.

Still think Fellaini and Castillo should be swapped around, Fellaini defensive Mid, Castillo attacking Mid.

Castillo has scored twice as many goals as Fellaini, and almost as many as Cahill in the last 2 years does'nt, that Give Davey a Clue that he is better at attacking. ? ;)

"In August 2006 he moved abroad, signing a two year deal with Serbian side Red Star Belgrade. He scored 8 goals during his first season at his new club and was a key player when the team won the double in 2007. In total he scored 18 goals in 72 games, an average of a goal every four games"

18 Goals in two seasons, thats better than Andy Johnson did for us, I think Davey ought to take note and play him in a more advanced role.,

Every day, week that goes by gives Fellaini more time to settle, get to know the players and get up to speed with prem football.Whilst he can't be expected to raise us from this poor start on his own, a good performance will help greatly.

Crowd need to show patience, don't get on the players backs.It's now they really need our support, not when their on a ten game unbeaten run!

Give the Yak the first half, if he's doing well keep him on!.....if not give Anichebe or Vaughan a complete second half to show him what passions about.

An early Everton goal.........would be nice for a change.A Fellaini header from our first corner after say 2 or 3 minutes......I really must stop drinking this early in the morning :rolleyes:

Every day, week that goes by gives Fellaini more time to settle, get to know the players and get up to speed with prem football.Whilst he can't be expected to raise us from this poor start on his own, a good performance will help greatly.

Crowd need to show patience, don't get on the players backs.It's now they really need our support, not when their on a ten game unbeaten run!

Give the Yak the first half, if he's doing well keep him on!.....if not give Anichebe or Vaughan a complete second half to show him what passions about.

An early Everton goal.........would be nice for a change.A Fellaini header from our first corner after say 2 or 3 minutes......I really must stop drinking this early in the morning :rolleyes:

It helps to take away the pain. :)

Team to face Newcastle.

GK - Howard

RB - Neville ©

CB - Lescott

CB - Jagielka

LB - Valente

RM - Arteta

CM - Kissock

CM - Cahill

CM - Osman

LM - Pienaar

CF - Saha

SB - Nash

SB - Baines

SB - Fellaini

SB - Castillo

SB - Rodwll

SB - Yakubu

SB - Baxter

If this contract thing dont work out with moyes I think you should drop in a cheeky CV to BK

I have similar feeling as Licker in regards to Fellaini and Castillio. Personally this is how I would want to see the midfield line up on sunday

----------Fellaini------------

Arteta----Castillio------Pienaar

Now Castillio may not be an all out attacking midfielder, but with Arteta and Pienaar on both wings some strenght on stability in the centre of the park could be good. Maybe we could even try and stop fruitlessly playing through the centre of the field and actually make use of the wings, now wouldn't that be something!

If it was to be a 5 man midfield then I would put Ossie in as well, but I don't see the problem with dropping him for just a game. He has looked tired and not his best, admittidly the same can be said about all the players at the moment, but Ossie had always been a real impact player for us. 2006 season he was used brilliantly from the bench.

Oh dear..

Joe Kinnearis ready to put his faith in Shola Ameobi for tomorrow’s game at Everton. But while Jose Enrique is back in the picture, the United interim boss was forced to rule fellow full-back Habib Beye out just before the bus left for Merseyside after today’s training session. Kinnear admits he has liked what he has seen of Ameobi this week – and with Obafemi Martins and Mark Viduka still out injured, he is ready to partner the 26-year-old striker with Michael Owen tomorrow.

Kinnear told me: “I have two choices up front for a partner for Michael – Shola Ameobi or Xisco. I will probably give them 45 minutes each, but I am leaning towards starting off with Shola.

“This will be a big opportunity for him and I hope it is not a lost opportunity.

“They tell me he has 46 goals for us and this is more than anybody else in our squad at the moment.

“I have had a good talk to Shola this week and I have told him he has the size, power and pace to go out there and do it, and this is what I am looking for him to do tomorrow.”

Ameobi will need no reminding that it was at Goodison where he received the only red card of his career on the last day of the 2005 season. Or the fact that his last goal for United from open play came in the 1-1 draw against Everton at St James’s Park just over two years ago.

NU-FC Forum