IGNORED

Video Game Thread

dark

Can any of you kind souls PM me a product key for football manager 09. My mate has lent me the game but he couldnt find the case, so im product key less. we didnt realise this until i was installing and he can not find the case for the life of him. Thanks in advance to anyone who can do this.

• 2 weeks later...

Playing through GTA Chinatown Wars. Must say it's awesome - all you wanted from a GTA game and then some. The touchpad minigames are really well done and they give the game more depth. I've heard that the game is piss easy, but I don't agree. Crashing into a cop car and pushing them off the road and into a gas station is fun. Dying from that explosion along with the cops - not so much.

Finished Bioshock at the weekend too, one of the best games ever made.

Guest efctaxi
^^^ good to start with, then the novelty wears off, very poor mans res evil meets random shooter.

I took it back.

I was laughing right through the first mission as I got stuck in .

The best thing about this game is when you play with other guys against the pc , and have a team speak .

Got a bit fed up with just killing all the time in single player though .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Played Half life 2 ' episode 1 and 2 ' this week .

Have to say it was a bit of a let down compared to the HL2 .

Both quite short , and lacking ideas .

Hope the next one in the series is worth waiting for .

Ive just bought the Orange Box.

Was buying the second hand one right, i started chattin to the bird behind the counter, she gives me a brand new one for the same price. Happy fucking days! You lot best not be lying when you say its good! haha

Its class. The "Portal" game is good fun. I only started playing it a few weeks ago even though i'd had it for ages. Stick with it becasue it's actually very funny.

The game as a whole though is stunning. I've always been a huge Half-Life fan but Orange Box is an incredible bargain.

Guest efctaxi
Love half life 2 so far, really gripping. Shame he doesnt talk back to the people though

One of my favourite bits is the bridge . You'll like that :)

It's all about Ravenholm. Half-Life meets Resident Evil. Incredible part of the game

Need some help guys (for some reason I'm asking Jamie more than anyone ;))

Once I finish Mirrors Edge I'm going for a completely new challange. A brand new game for me to go through and waste my spare time on. The question is COD 4 or HL 2? I like the look of both of them and have never played either. Can someone point me in the right direction? ;]

COD4 everytime if its online play you want, there hasnt been many games better EVER for online play, the normal game is very, very good also, the missions are well thought out, great story line to go with it. You will not be disappointed.

HL2 I can't comment on yet, as ive only just got it.

They are both very good. The best way to look at it is, if you're looking for a decent single player, Half-Life 2, if your looking for a decent online COD4. Personally I think that Half-Life 2 represents the best value as it contains 5 games (4 single player and 1 multi). You can get it for very cheap on Amazon at the moment as well so if your low on cash and want one that will last, Orange Box is the way forward. Though i've never been a huge fan of online play so i'm biased towards Half-Life. To be honest you really can't lose with either of them. Both are class.

^^^ Same, although recently I have bought a few more than in recent years. I usually wait till christmas time, thats when the big releases come out.

COD Modern Warfare 2 is meant to be out november time so Im very much looking forward to that.

Bought Orange Box :) Thanks for the help guys. Also :wub: Theif 4 is coming in the summer.

Never played it to be honset. I'm not really that much a huge gamer anymore, I used to be, but simply to busy most of the time now. Plus its pretty expensive to buy new games. I usually only buy about 3 games, plus a football game, per year now.

I'm cutting down this year too. I have bought three games this year. Orange Box, GRID and HAWX.

I have the full game and think that it's brilliant. The controls are very easy to grasp and the whole camera thing is really cool as it spins round with how the plane is moving. The shooting system is poor, once locked onto a target all you need is no press a button and Boom! they're gone. The feel of the plane is very realistic and in the later missions a new system is unlocked that allows you to play in 3rd person, that is effective once you get the hang of it.

The game on the whole has some room for improvements but it's fun and the story (which is a good one) can be replayed over and over. The big problem with the game is online play, apparantly it's terrible.

Gamespot: 7.5

IGN: 6.7

• 3 weeks later...