IGNORED

Video Game Thread

dark

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think the Xbox 360 has Blu-Ray.

Anyone played Virtua Tennis 2009? I used to love the series when I was younger but havn't played it for a while I considered getting this one but wondered if anyone had played it and thought it was any good.

I am in the same boat as you Jamie. I fancy a go of this years so I'll let you know if and when I play it. Head over to Gamespot or IGN for a nice little review on it mate :)

Might as well go Blue-ray Louis its better than HD.

I think you might have gotten your terms mixed up Bill, HD is the industry term for high(er) resolution television/DVD/gaming with more detail while Blu-Ray is a new disc type capable of holding much more data than standard DVDs which allows them to hold higher resolution videos.

And @ Louis, definitely think about getting a HD cable if you've got a good HD TV, the difference is amazing. Its like playing the game on a PC :P

You know what.. I already had a HD cable so I've just bought one from ebay for no reason!

It looks a lot better in HD, I can actually read the text now.

PS3 works on full 1080p HD....... does the xbox? Im not sure it matters much though as very few games are actually designed to work any higher than 720i 720p

Some games like fifa 09 dont really show the benefit but others are fantastic....... loved the old Knockout Kings can not wait for the new one........

Guest efctaxi

I've been playing Lost Planet Extreme Condition for the last day or so , and have to say it's really starting to grow on me .

Some great gameplay , and the best explosions I've seen in a while .

Anyone else tried it ?

It is a PC game and aparently its like warcraft, you buy the game then have to pay to play it online :o shocking.

It's probable that you'll have to pay a monthly subscription, but it's not garanteed. There's quite a few MMOs that don't have subscriptions. It's still too soon to know how that will work.

However MMO's have constant in game support and have guaranteed game updates which include balancing and new content.

Yup. And some companies maintain that infrastructure by launching expansions, instead of charging a monthly fee, like Guild Wars, while other have the subscription (WoW, Warhammer, and a few others).

So it's still a guess how they'll do it, but one thing is sure, it'll be miles better than Star Wars Galaxies was.

Yup. And some companies maintain that infrastructure by launching expansions, instead of charging a monthly fee, like Guild Wars, while other have the subscription (WoW, Warhammer, and a few others).

So it's still a guess how they'll do it, but one thing is sure, it'll be miles better than Star Wars Galaxies was.

SWG rocked until the "Upgrades" <_<

• 3 weeks later...