IGNORED

Video Game Thread

dark

this new fifa is epic! ive always been good at fifa and now everton are good...good times. first game i beat my liverpool fan mate 4-0 and have handed him many beatings since...saha is wicked.

i picked it up for £23.47 by getting pc world to price match tescos £25 offer...bargain!

have to agree lads the game is really good and evertons also good on it rated 4 and a half stars

have to agree lads the game is really good and evertons also good on it rated 4 and a half stars

I'm pretty sure they've been 4.5 stars the last three or four editions of the game.

And on the player pics - they got it pretty bloody good with Saha, Cahill and Heitinga. Although they needed to get Cahill right as he's on the cover of the Aussie version. The rest of them just look generic.

But if you guys think the Everton players look bad, you should see some of the A-League (Australian league). Almost all of them are absolutely terrible representations. In some instances blokes with what you would consider olive-coloured skin have come out looking like they're Sudanese.

But I really didn't expect it to be any different for the A-League.

I'm enjoying it, though I don't think much effort has been put in since FIFA09, which was a big leap forwards..

I'm finding the style of play/movement slightly harder... the AI still precision tackles from behind all the time!

I used to rape teams on Professional mode, now I'm finding some matches to be very hard, disappointed as I'd moved to world class on 09 and was doing competently.

Everton fired my as manager after the first 10 games I was in position 9, having just beat chelsea 1-0... tad harsh I thought! Now managing Hereford in League 2 (it was a choice between that and an irish team.), will see how far I can get them, wage budget restrictions make it very hard... learning my lesson now.. whole squad is out of energy, should have bought quantity over quality, hope I can make it to the next transfer window lol.

Good honest fun, consumes alot of your time though, multiplayer FIFA parties on projector screen is where it's at... 2v2 is awesome fun, any more than that and co-ordination is difficult.

I have been playing with an updated roster of fifa 09 as it is not out in the states yet, but Billy is not on it. The pics were not the best, but they are better than reccent years. Baines, however I thought was Gosling which no one else thought. I can beat any team on FIFA 09 with Everton and online as I play a lot of FIFA so I'm looking for great things in FIFA 10. Anyone wanna play hit me up with your gamertag or add me StrikeForce1109

This is worst FIFA by now... player movement, reaction, ball speed = Disaster

don't understand this at all...it's fantastic in all of those areas...its realistic with the timing and the new 360 movement, if you want an arcade football game PES is still going but for realism FIFA is where it's at

don't understand this at all...it's fantastic in all of those areas...its realistic with the timing and the new 360 movement, if you want an arcade football game PES is still going but for realism FIFA is where it's at

Fully agree. Dont understand how someone can think this s the "worst fifa yet". I can almsot se why you might still stick with Pro, i did for along time, but to think that this fifa is a step backwards in the series is plain stupid.

i was pro evo for many many years, long as i can remember but i switched to fifa i think 08...and i played pro recently and it hasn't changed in years, it's still same old easy game thats incredibly unrealistic. i reluctantly jumped on fifa but looking back it was certainly the right decision IMO. how much harder is the shooting on this new game by the way? i cant finesse it in from 25 yards everytime anymore...gerrards shot is ridiculous though my mate smashed one off the post from 40 yards yday that was like a bullet, next time from about 25-30 it found the top corner...just cant let him shoot.

Sounds like i did a very simlar thing to you. I switched alligaince last year for '09, I felt oddly guilty at first as i've always been Pro Evo through and through, defiantly made the right move, the last two Fifa's have been stunning. The ball physics are stunning, and as you state shooting from distance is a challenge, which is a refreshing change.

buying fifa over pro evo was possibly the most difficult decision ive ever faced

What a tough life you've had Mike :mellow: .

Anyway....I know nothing about these games....never played them, so can someone explain to me..

"..gerrards shot is ridiculous though my mate smashed one off the post from 40 yards yday that was like a bullet, next time from about 25-30 it found the top corner...just cant let him shoot.

How much of that is down to the way Gerrard's programmed and how much is down to the skill of Craccer's mate? Is it Gerrard you need to stop shooting or the person with his (metaphorical) hand up Gerrard's arse?

Alot of it will be the way Gerrard is programmed, some players are programmed to have abilities that others don't. Ronaldo, for example, is programmed to be able to dribble and perform tricks better than anyone else can. Gerrard is one of the best people in the game to shoot from distance, obviously the gamer has to have some quality to be able to perform these things but playing as a player such as Gerrard will make the success rates much higher.

I've never been a huge Halo fan to be honest, I like it but dont love it. Halo 1 was m favourite out of the series, Halo 3 looked amazing but I wasn't fully sold on the game itself. My favourite FPS game has to be the Half-Life series. Valve create amazing games, Left 4 Dead is probably the most fun game i've ever played online.

Well I was at a loss earlier for something to do so dusted off my xbox360 and went online playing Halo3. I forgot just how good Multiplayer is on that game.

Anyone on here got Halo3:ODST?

Ive got it. Ive never had any of the halo games, played them but never owned them. ODST is class, the story line is great, it flicks through different times since an attack on a city in Africa? you play as Rookie who you control from the off and you explore the city in an abandend state with drips of Convinent still lurking. After you reach certain sentiments/objects, you have flash backs to how this could have happened and then you take control of the other members of your squad, at that moment in time. Its amazing! Same controls etc as halo3 but the atmosphere is less all out action and more story orientated, alot darker and creepier...thats the appeal i had to it and love it :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ive just borrowed Arkham Asylumn off my mate, OMG its friggin awesome!!!!!

Its stunning, and extremely engrossing! I love the look, the controls, the fighting engine, the story, its brilliant. One of my fave games of recent years, easily!

I was a little scepticle, but theres no need to be, its amazing.

It ends a little quick (story) but theres hundreds of things to keep you going, riddler trophies, challenges, tapes, incriptions, upgrades...

The new look baddies, are the best interpritations ive seen from any formatted Batman series (t.v, graphic novels, comics)...Scarecrow, Harly Quinn and The Croc look great.

Two thumbs up over my way (obviously)...worth a punt deffinitely!

Wasn't that obvious Aaron? PES has been shite since 2008 and it's only a matter of time before FIFA completely wipe it from the shelves. Used to be a fan, not anmyore I'm afraid.

I noticed that a few of you have been playing the Batman game, for someone that isn't a real Batman fan is it still worth a shot?

I noticed that a few of you have been playing the Batman game, for someone that isn't a real Batman fan is it still worth a shot?

Abso-fuckin-lutely Dark, its unreal dude. Think Assasins Creed, with more gadgets and more action! Graphicaly is untouchable, its stunning! Definitely worth a shot.

mate you dont have to be a batman fan to enjoy the game, just makes it abit more special if you are. The game itself is class, the story could not be better and the graphics are class, a must buy imo.

Very good summary in one sentance Aaron :)