IGNORED

Video Game Thread

dark

I CBA watching it, what does it say?

private discussions with players to help when they aren't happy

new agents about 5 different types each deal in a different way for players

new training allows you to train your team to certain formations and helps gel new players in

new match engine with more emotions

dynamic league reputation

new stuff you can ask for from the board like an increase in the % of revenue you get for transfers and you can ask for a new stadium if you can't expand the current one

and just some crap about the news and inbox being together

Edited by marcopaulo

What's got a good story?

Bioshock and Mass effect have been recommended to me but I've not got around to them

Bioshock has a brilliantly twisted story line, which you have to play from the 1st one, to get what happens and understand the logics of the 2nd. As mentioned earlier, Arkham Asylum has one of the best storylines about, its brilliant !!

RPG's are relaxing i think and you can find action if you want :D i dont like the same old shootey shootey button bashing crap for too long..gears of war 2 was immense though

Same as you Marco, i think their great, if you wanna fight, go fight and if you don't then do all the little non conflict bits that'll help you upgrade or unlock stuff. I enjoy a good rpg every now and then, especially if its any of the Zelda franchise, my god its amazing!!

Gears of war 2 is stunning, visualy and playability. Intense and atmospheric. The most satisfying game to kill on lol

private discussions with players to help when they aren't happy

new agents about 5 different types each deal in a different way for players

new training allows you to train your team to certain formations and helps gel new players in

new match engine with more emotions

dynamic league reputation

new stuff you can ask for from the board like an increase in the % of revenue you get for transfers and you can ask for a new stadium if you can't expand the current one

and just some crap about the news and inbox being together

That does sound really good like.

• 4 weeks later...

Not having a modern gaming system (although he's saving for a wii) Josh is limited to PC plus a PS2.

He's recently downloaded and started using Steam....anyone know anything about it?

eg the new F1 game being released in a few weeks is £35 for PC but only £27 downloaded through Steam....seems a bargain, are there any drawbacks to it?

Steam is a fantastic system mate. Get him to post his steam ID so myself and Louis can add him as a friend!

It has fantastic community tools and ways to interact with friends, it automatically updates your games when the developer releases a patch and you can download your games on any PC, really handy when you're stuck somewhere for a couple of days. Download speeds are fast too.

Downsides... Prices can be very very slow to drop on the more popular games although Valve regularly have really good value sales and you cam sometimes pick up 5-10 brilliant older games (3+ years) for 30 quid. Customer service can be slow and impersonal but that's par for the course for e-retailers (The trouble I've had with Amazon and PLAY grrr)

I have about 12 games in my steam account ATM, and if I can buy a game on steam I always do that rather than order a hard copy I might lose!

Bought BioShock2 last week, and completed it last night. What a brilliant game. I was pleasantly suprised, looks good, loads of custom sections, little puzzles, tactical sections...loved it!

Love the graphic, eery feel that it has.

So now im onto MassEffect2, i started slow, never played the first Mass effect (Nor Bioshock for that matter) and i have to say, the more i get into Mass Effect, the more i like it. Didn't go to bed till 3.30 this morn :mellow: slight addiction creeping in!

Have also purchased orange box the other day, completed Portal in a couple of hours and i can honestly say, thats the most thoroughly enjoyable and original game, i have ever played. Makes you think and lets you walk through walls. What else do you need!? :D Tried to get into HalfLife2 (With Orange box)...and so far, i don't really see what the fuss is about, i like the 'scale' of the game but apart from that, not overly impressed.

Future releases, check out screen shots and videos for the following (because they look unbelieveable):

Bioshock3 Infinite - http://uk.ign.com/videos/2010/08/12/bioshock-infinite-x360-debut-trailer?objectid=14258732

ArkhamCity - http://www.batmanarkhamcity.com/uk/index.html#

Steam is a fantastic system mate.

He's downloaded another game today (Stargate Resistance) which is asking for a log in (as well as a "CD key" which is provided).

Putting in his Steam details doesn't work (coming up as "log-in error, could not connect to the log-in server"). I'll get onto it tomorrow but just wondered if anyone had any ideas.

He's downloaded another game today (Stargate Resistance) which is asking for a log in (as well as a "CD key" which is provided).

Putting in his Steam details doesn't work (coming up as "log-in error, could not connect to the log-in server"). I'll get onto it tomorrow but just wondered if anyone had any ideas.

Sorted. Had to create an account at FireSky and use that log-in....would be helpful if Steam actually told you rather than having to work it out for yourself :) .