IGNORED

Video Game Thread

dark

Replaying through Dragon Age: Origins with all 7 DLC packages and the expansion, in preparation for the release of Dragon Age 2 in March (Want to have my 'ideal' save-game to important into DA2's universe)

Probably the best RPG ever made. Bioware's first real masterpiece since Baldur's Gate. Mass Effect 1 & 2 are good and all, but Origins is just incredible. Would highly recommend it for any PC or PS3 gamer. Would also recommend it for Xbox 360 but the graphics are a little bit worse on that platform.

my fav rpg ever is final fantasy 7..at it's time it was immense! got final fantasy 13 now..it's ok but seems to take an age to get into but fuck me it's probably the best lookin game i've ever seen

FF7 was my favourite game of my childhood and most of my life. Until I played Dragon Age.

Felt FIFA11's is better than 10's, 09's was tops too.

That said, GTAIV's was rocking too!

Fifa 11 on the PSP is no different to 10 except they have removed the ability to play online!

Got my lad it on the xbox was playing it last night online, its another world i will have to get back to the drawing board anyone got any good sites to give me some tips on scoring, defending and skill - fcuk it i may aswell retire!

my fav rpg ever is final fantasy 7..at it's time it was immense! got final fantasy 13 now..it's ok but seems to take an age to get into but fuck me it's probably the best lookin game i've ever seen

think its my fav game of all time. Really wish they wouldve just done a whole film from the story line. Was tempted with the latest until i read some bad reviews, plus XXiV is coming out in March or so which gives me time to stumble through GT5.

done a quick google..might be worth a buy as you can pick it up for about £12 as it is..and i do love a good rpg

If you're going to get it, get the Ultimate Edition. The amount you save in DLC is extraordinary. A load of extra content + the expansion for not much more than the regular game.

Josh bought a Wii today.....been saving for a long time.

I've been bowling, played tennis & baseball. Am fucked.

its awesome innit? we got the sports resort at Christmas, waiting for the missus to get back so i can kick her ass at many more games! (Except the boxing, she beats me everytime somehow...)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've just ordered Black Ops for Xbox - hopefully it'll be decent

Unless your an online player, its not worth it. I like my story/campaign modes that come with the disc, i prefer 1player or co-op games and frankly Black Op s didn't quite live up to expectations.

Each mission felt like it lasts 6/7 minutes (depending on your ability) and over all didn't find it challenging in the slightest.

For me zombies is an awesome welcomed addition, bringing an old favourite mini-game back and improving the a.i and graphics; making for an underrated extra. Wait till you complete the campaign for a hilarious spoof styled gem.

On a different note, i bought vanquish the other day for 12quid, completed it in just over 5 hours. Very short in comparison to most titles, but thoroughly enjoyed it whilst it lasted.

Dj hero, a second purchase, incredible, love it! Mates love it, misses loves it (which is rare) and i cant stop playing it with a stupid smile on my face. I would love to think that i was actually remixing those tracks but deep down i realise i have no control lol purchased the second one yesterday, yet to play but the expansive multi-player modes interest me the most (topped only by the thought of using deadmau5 as a payable dj ha ha).

Future games to get excited about; Gears 3, crysis 2, duke nukem, and capcom vs marvel 3! :)

I enjoyed the single player of MW2, I don't expect much from them now to be honest. The turnaround between the games indicated to me that it wouldn't be all it's cracked up to be.

I've ordered Assasins Creed 2 too, I didn't like the first one to begin with but slowly I learned to love it. I was disappointed that I didn't get the conversationalist achievement and I'm not going to play it again just for that.