IGNORED

Video Game Thread

dark

I've never played Ocarina of time, the only Zelda game I've played is the cartoonish Wind Waker one.

If you can get your hands on a copy of Ocarina of Time then get into it! :D

It's probably the best game ever made, I'm even still playing it today (well the Master Quest version, the temples are tough!) :P

• 2 weeks later...

The offer expired on 2nd, but Sony said it would expire on the 3rd.

Update - You're lucky.. Sony extended deadline: http://www.mcvuk.com...come-Back-offer

You'd need to start your PS3 up and choose Playstation Store. Then select "Welcome back". and the games could be there.

I chose Dead Nation and Infamous.. Wipeout is meant to be good though

cant read it at work but will give it a go. Hopefully when i go to the welcome back package there will be something to select!

Whats Dead Nation like?

seems only extended for US users!!! Not on the PSN screen, cant do anything:0.

http://www.vg247.com...kage-has-ended/

utter joke.

Never heard about the Steam thing, but dont usually do PC or web games.

edit. This has really annoyed me. Whats with putting a deadline on it anyway, it was meant as an apology, does that mean i can start retracting apologies that are 30 days old?

Edited by Matt

Yeah, I forgot about it too.. luckily I woke up on the last day and remembered to download them. Whilst it was a nice offer from Sony, it's pretty shitty to extend deadline only in US and Canada.

Wipeout HD was made in Liverpool ;)

Yeah, I forgot about it too.. luckily I woke up on the last day and remembered to download them. Whilst it was a nice offer from Sony, it's pretty shitty to extend deadline only in US and Canada.

Wipeout HD was made in Liverpool ;)

Their response to my complaint:

Thanks for your e-mail regarding PlayStation Network. I can see from your e-mail that you haven't been able to download your content under the "Welcome Back" programme, which was offered following the recent criminal intrusion of our network. The Welcome Back programme was offered for a period of 30 days and closed on 3rd July 2011, at 5pm. Unfortunately as you did not take advantage of this offer within this time frame, I regret that you are no longer eligible for this offer. I understand that this is not the outcome that you had sought, however as with any offer of this nature we must have clearly defined eligibility criteria.

Unfortunately as the offer has now expired, we are unable to extend the offer to you. Should you have any further queries please contact PlayStation Support on 0844 736 0595, quoting reference 110704-000563, where one of our team will be happy to help you.

Dont know about anyone else, but there was no mention of 5pm that I can find anywhere. Whole thing was a sham. Im pretty sure I never received a mail informing of the deadline.

Edited by Matt

Tentative enquiry (because I'm skint until after we get back from our holiday) but I need to get Josh a new computer and he wants a laptop....what sort of spec do I need for decent gaming? F1 for example....mine won't cope with it :( .

Presumably a decent graphics card but is there more to it?

You're not alone there, plenty of people are unhappy.

Did you see this about La Noire? http://www.eurogamer...-article?page=1

Among their complaints were an "ominous crunch" period of development which

continually shifted year to year; a studio-wide expectation that staff would

work overtime and weekends; a praise-free working environment; and a boss named

Brendan McNamara, who one of the sources called "the angriest person I've ever

met".

Sounds like my job and im not really exagerating!

Edited by Matt

What games specifically, price range etc?

The two that he's got that he's not able to play atm are F1 and Transformers....most of the one he plays on Steam are fine (Team Fortress, Left 4 dead, Half-life 2 etc).

Don't want to go mad but I want to spend what's neccessary to get something that's good enough to do what he needs, so no real budget, just the more it costs the longer he'll have to wait :) .

(Best school report ever today btw, so I'm feeling generous :D )

You won't be able to get a laptop that can play higher end games for a reasonable price in my opinion. I have a desktop pc for gaming and a laptop for web browsing etc. Together they're probably cheaper than what a gaming laptop would cost.

You won't be able to get a laptop that can play higher end games for a reasonable price in my opinion. I have a desktop pc for gaming and a laptop for web browsing etc. Together they're probably cheaper than what a gaming laptop would cost.

Crikey :mellow: .

Would something like this not be up to it then?