IGNORED

Video Game Thread

dark

Louis, does the 360 system not have to be registered for 'Live'? I understand your point, a lad in work just suggested the exact same thing but i thought your console has to register to be online and that means a small membership fee?

The DLC will become readily available after a period of time but whats the point. Why can't we, as gamers, have everything straight away? Surely it'll make the appeal of spending money seem a little better! Knowing that you're getting tons of stuff and extras for your buck?

In the future when companies create DLC's, i'd hope that they'd give you all the content which is readily available to everyone (and none of this exclusive content shit), and then some of the content that wasn't availble or due out for a few months (due to its complexity and programmers capacity) was then added to the market. I'd have no problem with that. But i personally feel that if you're not online, as a gamer, you'll miss out on all the best stuff. When technically we pay the same as everyone else.

I realise they try to bring out 'Game of the year' additions every now and then, which include the DLC's still available but then you have to pay an extra £20 on top of its current RRP. Its silly.

Online is free... you pay for a 'gold' membership which lets you play online and use twitter/facebook/sky.

Anything else is free on a 'silver' membership, you still have to pay for some DLC though (i.e. extra maps for Call of Duty)

If you've got a router, it's worth connecting your Xbox to it, even if you don't have a gold membership account.

I thought you had a gamertag already, I thought I'd played you on FIFA at least. If I'm confused then just set yourself an account up on www.xbox.com.

So do i not need to register anything?

If as you mentioned before, i took my xbox round to someones house who is online, hooked up, would i be able to download the content that came with the game, whichever one that is?

No Gamertag, no online marlarki sorry. You've played me on FIFA, thats impressive :P

I don't have a router, I don't even have a phone line sir :lol: I only come on TT either at work or on my phone!

If you don't have a gamertag. You'll need to register one. You can do this on the xbox website:

http://www.xbox.com/...B/live/joinlive

That's all you have to do, when you take your hard drive around to your mates house. It'll be obvious what it wants. You just log in using the gamertag.

For the record then, I whooped you on FIFA 12-0.

Aaah Ok then, I'll do that. Not no like, im at work but i'll do it when the opportunity arises.

Regarding Fifa, as one of the tourny faves in '10, i'd like to think you didn't :P

Pre-ordered now:

Thank you for shopping with Tesco entertainment. This email confirms receipt of your order. You can visit the Tesco entertainment website at any time to check the status of your order.

We hope you enjoy the items in your order: Batman - Arkham City (Joker Steelbook Edition) with Tesco Exclusive Joker's Carnival Challenge Map

I was torn between this and the 'Robin Edition', apparently this version has 4 hours worth more of game play.

between fifa, batman, cod and assassins, i am not looking forward to wasting my next pay cheque

FIFA, Batman, Assasins, Rage, Battlefield 3 for me. Hoping Battlefield will wipe the floor with CoD (massively over-rated imo)

Has anyone got Gears??? I rented it this weekend gone, completed it in two sittings, it was awesome!! Not even scratched the surface of the extras, including Beast mode (get to play as the lambenant or Grubs in a Wave battle, like 'Horde', against the humans). I collected all CogTags in my fist try on campaign, well chuffed biggrin.png and as Marco knows, i shed a little tear at one event in Gears. F*ck me, powerful stuff!

Edited by tenaciousj

I've still not completed Act 1 in the first Gears'

Sort it out Louis!! Then make your way through. Step by step. Act by act. :)

They're in discussions about making a film, but it'll go potentially one of two ways....1. Just like every other game/movie...shite. or 2. be actually very good. The fact that gears has actually got a heart underneath all the gore and destruction, is rather refreshing. And in 3...oh boy. Emotions hit an all time high...Felt like a right woman. Shortly after chainsawing a lambanent 'stranded' in the back, i was reduced to a wreck. Thats story telling that is, ahaha

Finished Portal 2 - all without needing to youtube a solution to any levels (chuffed) - the best game I have played in terms of using your head. If I was to rank it overall, it would be up there with GTA Vice city.

For £10, you are mad to miss it. Get it now.

Great game. The portal gun makes me laugh