IGNORED

Ramos (and Others) Sacked.

Spurs v Bolton preview.

"I was playing Scrabble the other day and had enough letters to make the word Tottenham. Even though it was on a triple word score, I still only got two points. I was in north London the other day on the train. Around Tottenham there was a points failure. I could go on. If Tottenham don't win this game and have another eight players sent off, it could not only be the end for Ramos but there may a fantastic fight on the pitch between Spurs players who have now started slagging each other off. Excellent."

Are Spurs "too good to go down" like Leeds were, or could it happen?

Personally I think they'll get out of it but it's quite funny while it lasts (or until they overtake us :unsure: ).

They won't go down. But on paper they should. They've sold Berbatov, Keana and Defoe and not replaced them, which in itself is a crime. They haven't looked good going foreward and have leaked goals at the back. Gomes who looked world-class at Eindhoven has been worse than Taibi this season. Thier best players; Bale, Jenas and Lennon (IMO) have been silent and even though Ramos seems a good manager it's just not going his way. Tottenham will buy the right players in January and become the first club to come from the bottom of the table in Christmas 08' to mid-table 09'

They'll think this will solve the problem but it'll probably get worse.

Totally agree with you there Romey. They seemed to have rushed this managerial appointment and because of Redknapp's love for Portsmouth he won't be able to deliever at Spurs. He has worked hard to get Portsmouth where they are and after so many years it will be hard to get used to life at White Hart Lane and learn the tactics and abilities of the players. I can see him attempting a buy on some Portsmouth players in January. IMO, Tottenham's problem's just got worse.

I think Redknapp is making a massive mistake switching club, I like the bloke he's a top manager and i fear this will just put him on the road to nowhere.

He has done a great job at getting Portsmouth to where they are now and given another season and one or two new players i thought they would have a good shot at mixing it with the top four.

I wonder how many players will go with him come Jan? I'd love to sign Diarra i really rate the bloke.

I think Redknapp is making a massive mistake switching club, I like the bloke he's a top manager and i fear this will just put him on the road to nowhere.

He has done a great job at getting Portsmouth to where they are now and given another season and one or two new players i thought they would have a good shot at mixing it with the top four.

I wonder how many players will go with him come Jan? I'd love to sign Diarra i really rate the bloke.

I can see the Redknapp/Portsmouth road becoming another Allerdyce/Newcastle one. A good manager who manages to get his club high in the league before switching and doing nothing. I can see Redknapp sacked by the end of 2009. Results will not improve and he will end the season without control of the Spurs. I can see this becoming a big mistake for him. I think he will go out for a striker, he has to. He may even go for Crouch. After all he signed him for Portsmouth.

Looking at some Neoseeker Forum some people actually want Ramos to be the new Portsmouth manager. He's highly rated but after his poor form this season I thought he would be out of an English job. I think he'll be moving back to Spain to coach some team over there. That's where his abilities are best.

My top 10 candidates:

#1: David O'Leary

#2: Alan Curbishley

#3: Jean Tiguna

#4: Juande Ramos

#5: Graeme Souness

#6: Kevin Keegan

#7: Sam Allardyce

#8: Bryan Robson

#9: Lawrie Sanchez

#10: Terry Venables

Out of that list I would actually want none of them. It seems Portsmouth don't have a clue at the moment. They should be aiming, IMO, for Allerdyce, Curbisley or Coppell. Those managers would do well down south.

Could be coincidence.....

But I'm sure Joe Kinnear is available at the end of the month! :D

I'm sure Newcastle will do thier best to keep Joe Kinnear. I think he likes Newcastle and Newcastle likes him. I would be surprised if he left. I think that the best move for Portsmouth would be have Tony Adams as manager, although I have a random feeling that John Tigana will take over as manager.

very disappointed in harry. he worked damn hard to get pompy to where they are, and made them a really strong force in the premier league. it must only be money thats took him there, even though spurs are a bigger club than pompy, he got them in a much better state. i honestly thought he would stick with them until the end of his career.

very disappointed today.

very disappointed in harry. he worked damn hard to get pompy to where they are, and made them a really strong force in the premier league. it must only be money thats took him there, even though spurs are a bigger club than pompy, he got them in a much better state. i honestly thought he would stick with them until the end of his career.

very disappointed today.

Agree 100% with you there mate. He's making a big mistake.

Tottenham 2 Bolton Wanderers 0

Harry Redknapp got his Tottenham reign off to the perfect start as Roman Pavlyuchenko and Darren Bent grabbed the goals to beat Bolton 2-0. Redknapp took less than 24 hours to deliver what Tottenham fans had craved for all season - a victory to kick-start their Premier League campaign.

Spurs remain bottom of the table but have made up ground with other strugglers and crucially have a morale-boosting first league win of the season, at the ninth attempt. Bolton, who had Gavin McCann sent off, gave Spurs nervous moments but there is enough for Redknapp to work with when he gets to work this week, with key contributions coming from players who struggled under Ramos. Ramos' hasty departure came too quick for the club to change the matchday programme, so fans were given a chance to read the Spaniard's final notes.

"If you believed everything that was being speculated on then your perception of the club would be far removed from the reality," he wrote.

The reality was Ramos heading back to Spain and Redknapp in the dressing room and dugout, even though reserve-team coach Clive Allen picked the team. Redknapp was unveiled to the Spurs fans before kick-off - something not afforded to Ramos due to the embarrassing manner of Martin Jol's departure a year ago. The encouraging sign for Redknapp was skipper Ledley King being available, four days after playing in the defeat to Udinese - it was the first time he had been ready for games in such quick succession for 10 months. As expected of a team with a new manager, there was an extra zip to the hosts, something missing so far this season. Jamie O'Hara had an early shot from long distance deflected over, then from the resulting corner it took a brave header from Andy O'Brien to prevent Pavlyuchenko from tapping in.

Luka Modric has struggled to make an impact since his £16.5million signing in the summer, but he was given a free role behind the striker and resembled a new player. Like Modric, Pavlyuchenko has struggled since an impressive Euro 2008, and the Russian desperately needed the 18th-minute opener to bring his belief back. David Bentley, back in the team after being dropped for Ramos' final game following an outspoken assessment on Spurs' start to the season, set it up when he picked the ball up on the right flank. After exchanging passes with Alan Hutton, the early cross came and was met with a downward header from Pavlyuchenko 12 yards out, with the finish going in off the post.

"Harry Redknapp's white and blue army," sang the Spurs fans after watching two players who struggled under Ramos combine for the strike.

Confidence was returning to Spurs but their lapses in concentration still remained, and were never far away. Benoit Assou-Ekotto, hauled off at half-time in Ramos' final match in charge, made a mess of a simple clearance to put goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes in trouble - the ball fell to Kevin Davies on the edge of the area and his finish dropped just wide. Matt Taylor then saw an effort, from a similar distance but more central, curl wide, before Johan Elmander got a shot on goal that required King to clear off the line - after Spurs failed to clear a free-kick. Tom Huddlestone had a couple of efforts before the break, the first when Jussi Jaaskelainen failed to hold a Bentley free-kick, then after O'Hara wriggled inside from the left and passed neatly.

Redknapp had said he wanted more steel in the midfielder - and Bolton were giving them a genuine battle. Kevin Nolan picked up a booking and was fortunate not to get a second when he tripped Modric, while fellow midfielder McCann also went in the referee's notebook before the break. The latter was dismissed 11 minutes into the second period, his second yellow card after he caught the ankle of Huddlestone. Gomes' punching was erratic and Fabrice Muamba lobbed onto the roof of the net after one poor clearance. Bent came on for Pavlyuchenko and should have added a second when Modric slipped him through, then Aaron Lennon - another substitute - fired over after Huddlestone had an effort saved. Jaaskelainen brought down Bent with 16 minutes left, and the striker smashed the penalty into the bottom corner. Bolton boss Gary Megson then endured abusive chants from his own fans after a double substitution - it really was Redknapp's day.