IGNORED

Middlesbrough (home)

toffee77

Howard - Didn't have all that much to do but what he did have to do he did well.

Neville - Showed again why he should only be a right back for us, he had a brilliant game. I'd be tempted to let him take a few of our corners because his crossing is very good.

Yobo - Daydreamed a few times and he pisses me off when he hoofs without even bloody looking but he did OK.

Jagielka - A rock, AGAIN. How he isn't in the England squad is beyond me.

Lescott - Where the fuck did he wander off to for their goal? He left their right winger on his tod time and time again as well. Thankfully he improved in the second half, and attacked better than he has done all season. That being said, I'd give Baines a few games.

Osman - Woeful and added nothing. I wanted him off at half time tbh.

Cahill - I thought he played better than he has in any game since he's come back from injury, but still not brilliant. At least he wanted the ball though, Arteta and Osman run away from it.

Fellaini - I thought he was one of our best players today. He is one of maybe 3 of our players who actually has composure on the ball. He always made himself available for the defenders, he's winning more headers. He's getting better with each game.

Arteta - I wish he'd stop taking our set pieces, after a season and a bit of shitness you'd think someone else would step up. I hated him getting the ball today because he goes sideways instead of forwards, slowing every single attack down :(. As our creative force you'd think he'd actually create something instead of passing the buck as well.

Saha - Another player who has composure in abundance. You can see him getting better with each game as well. He just oozes class and I thought he showed it a lot today. He tracked back when it was needed and held the ball up excellently for us.

Yakubu - Scored but didn't do much else. Unless you count falling over.

For all our possession we were completely devoid of ideas and it's becoming a common ocurrence.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howard- Didn't have much to do but dealt with most threats aimed at him

Neville- My man of the match today. Our most creative player, not sure if thats a credit to him or daming of the rest of the side. Probably a little of both.

Yobo- Had some moments of brillaince but showed his old side again by switching off occaisonally.

Jags- Did well again, but thought he did make a few slight mistakes and seemed half a yard off for most of the game, saying this he did usally always recover aimiabally.

Lescott- I don't even want to talk about him

Osman- Annonymous

Fellaini- Quite

Cahill- Probably his best performance of the season, that's not hard though. I think he would be good to have in the starting line up if he builds on this performance.

Arteta- SHITE. COMPLETE UTTER SHITE. I have no idea what has happened to him but i would have no problem selling him in jan while other people still have the misconception that he is good.

Yak- Slightly better than previosuly but I hate that he feels the need to dive.

Saha- Another very composed performance, but I just wish that his thought patterns where quicker and that he would try and start moves off quicker. Still, another good game and he has proven to be a great signing.

Overall, we played ok but had no penetration at all, no creativity, nothing. We have midfielders on the pitch but we don't have a midfield. Frustrating.

Howard 7 - slight question marks over the goal but solid apart from that

Neville 9 - brilliant again

Yobo 8 - didn't put a foot wrong

Jags 8 - brilliant again, although totally out of position for the first goal, won an excellent tackle in no mans land but went straight to their player and caused the goal, should have stayed in position

Lescott 7 - did ok, not his fault the first goal as had to cover the gaping hole in the middle of the defence

Arteta 6.5 - lacking confidence but should have scored off about 3 of his corners, we did score off one of his free kicks but only Cahill knows how he missed an absolute sitter off one of his corners. That's 3 easy headers Cahill has missed off Arteta crosses this season. Unlike Cahill and unlucky for Arteta's assist count. Arteta's crossing in open play was the worst I've seen it though.

Cahill 7 - decent game, we totally ran the match he made a lot of tackles

Fellaini 5.5 - ineffective, did virtually nothing all match except look slow

Osman 6.5 - tried his best but not overly effective, looks better in the middle

Saha 8 - good link play but never threatened a goal himself really, would like to see Anichebe or Vaughan given a chance

Yak 8 - dived a fair bit but scored a goal and was unlucky on another occasion early on, plus should have won us a penalty

Totally controlled the game and we had some clear cut chances that we really should have put away. Only worry was the gaping hole in front of the back 4, once again we just don't have anyone disciplined enough or to track back or sit when we go forward. Majorly disappointed in Fellaini, his passing was solid but he looked slow today.

Lescott 7 - did ok, not his fault the first goal as had to cover the gaping hole in the middle of the defence

Totally agree - I think he has become the scapegoat for our bad performances this season. Today he wasn't at fault at all for the first goal. They broke from a Neville mistake down the right and the defence all pushed over and left Lescott with the choice of two boro players. He went towards the one in the centre (rightly) which left the player that scored. I thought he linked up well down the left today and there were definitly worse performances! All in all we created enough to have won this one.