Middlesbrough (home)

toffee77

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3-0 to us

Saha and 2 for Cahill

I can't see Cahill getting two, he's been poor of late. I think it will be around about Wigan-time when we see him netting again.

3-0. Saha double and one for Fellaini

Whereas I think that Fellaini's return will spark a goal. He's been fantastic as we know and I have no doubt he will score. IMO 2-1, Fellaini and Vaughan.

I think that a Jagielka-world class performance is imminant. All season he has been just pure class. I would expect this to continue and allow us to keep strong at the back conceding one goal at the most. I'm hoping that Lescott's goal will spur him onto a good performance against Boro and Phil Neville will keep things solid.

Sticking to my above post - 2-1, Fellaini and Vaughan.

And out of interest BlueNose. What's the car game in your Gamertag? Burnout Paradise?

Hate to be the boo boy, but the last 3 games, if we had lost we would have said the performance got what it deserved.

Think it would have been a bit harsh to lose all three, but we certainly didn't deserve to win all three either so point taken.

I think that a Jagielka-world class performance is imminant.

Don't see how he can improve on his current level of performance...unless he starts scoring goals :) .

Everton: Howard, Neville, Yobo, Jagielka, Lescott, Arteta, Fellaini, Cahill, Osman, Yakubu, Saha.

Subs: Nash, Hibbert, Baines, Castillo, Vaughan, Pienaar, Anichebe.

Middlesbrough: Turnbull, Hoyte, Riggott, Pogatetz, Taylor, O'Neil, Digard, Arca, Downing, Alves, Sanli.

Subs: Jones, Emnes, Adam Johnson, Wheater, Franks, Grounds, Walker.

We're doing OK but it's scary how exposed we are every time Middlesbrough break ... generally the only players defending in those situations are three of the back four.

I thought Cahill was looking a lot better at the start but he needs to try and keep it simple a bit more. And his aggression sometimes doesn't help as he gives away a lot of free kicks.

I think we should be getting piennar and vaughan on for yak and osman. osman's done pretty much nothing and Yak is looking lazy.

need to make changes soon as not much happening at the moment.

Was about to say something very similar...but I'd take off TC rather than Osman.

that was shite. not enough created for all our pressure.

We had no ideas on how to break them down.

Saha looked good, Yak didn't have a good game, nor did Osman while Cahill didn't do a lot either.

I thought Fellaini played well myself, dropped back a bit in the second half a bit but still holds and plays the ball round well and gets stuck in as well though his tackles are still pretty awful!

Words can't describe how shit Yakubu just played. Saha would be better off partnered with Hibbert. Even so it was still the best we have played in our last 4 matches, just lacked the final product. Why does Arteta never ever look to shoot when he is just outside the box, surely he has the class to at least force the keeper into a save, but he would rather just turn his head and look to get it wide every single time. Pisses me off how much our midfielders pass it back to the defenders even when they could spot someone up field and none of them ever take a man on. I'm completetly pissed off with that result.

Not too happy about the result, as I thought for all the pressure we had we didn't create massive ammounts of chances. Think we got an improved performance, which is what everyone has been going on about. So which would you prefer now... Play shit, and get 3 points OR play 'well' and not win?

Thought Yak did ok. Linked the play up well, but again we didn't provide him with many opportunities.

Fellani looks to be getting better, although 2nd half he did fade.

JV defo looked pissed off to only get a few minutes at the end. I actually rate all 4 of our strikers, and hope we manage to keep all of them, and get them all scoring!

Not a bad performance!

Middlesborouh will be delighted with a point, for US, that's not really good enough.I hate to mention his name again, but Carsley would have been perfect in his role today.There's a massive hole where he used to sit, and that's why Borough looked so dangerous on the break.Fellaini certainly doesn't measure up in that role.He seems to skip around the pitch almost uninterested, ok he does get a long leg in now and again and his short pass is pretty average.If he's going to play like that every week, he's going to need to keep scoring to justify his place.

Thought Neville had a great game today, he must keep playing in that position.Jagiellka had a decent game again as well.

Saha holds the ball well, and a fast moving forward like Vaughan or a willing Yak would be a good partner....today Yak didn't seem that willing!

Arteta's corners were better today, but why oh why can't he run towards the opponents goal?...PLEASE every now and again beat the man in front of you, then shoot or at least run towards the goal!

Middlesborough have been on a good run, winning last week at Villa.Today other than a couple of chances we made them look 2nd best!

Should have won....should have bought a replacement for Carsley....Should have replaced Cahill or Arteta sooner with Pienaar.Oh well can't be easy this manager thing!

Howard - 6 - Never really got threatened that much this game, pretty solid performance overall, apart from the goal.

Jagielka - 9 - Again our best player, defended like a champion and made sure noone was getting through.

Yobo - 7 - Did better second half, made some good tackles and an overall decent performance.

Lescott - 4 - Fucking bunk on the back foot. Shouldn't be left back, Baines should get a run next game for sure. He's worrying in that position and needs to know his game needs improving if he wants first team action. Was ok going forward but not great.

Neville - 7 - Solid performance by Pip, did well to get some crosses in and a few touches of skill in the match, seems to be really comfortable at right back but he also left the door wide open for an attack late on.

Fellaini - 8 - Brilliant again, just lacking that stamina but that will come. Worked hard this match and is showing definate improvement.

Cahill - 5 - Missed a few good chances to score where he would normally put us ahead (no pun intended). Deserved to come off and needs to improve his game otherwise I'd play a 4-4-2 without him.

Osman - 6 - Worked hard but remained pretty anonymous in the first half. Didn't really add that much to our attack, bit of an off day for normally one of our more reliable players.

Arteta - 3 - The weakest point of our attack. Yes he got the cross for the goal, but it was lucky in the end. How many times during the game did the chance for a break come and Arteta pull it back and slow our pace down to a crawl? Something mOyes needs to notice, he definately needs a game off.

Yakubu - 4 - For the goal only. Didn't see any reason for him to be on as long as he was.

Saha - 8 - Another solid game from him. Great ball control, good attacking flow, just needs more shooting opportunities.

Overall, I can't understand why we can't play the kind of football we played in the last 15 for the whole game. And Moyes needs to put vaughan/anichebe on much earlier, how does he expect Vaughan to make an impact in 3 minutes?

Words can't describe how shit Yakubu just played. Saha would be better off partnered with Hibbert. Even so it was still the best we have played in our last 4 matches, just lacked the final product. Why does Arteta never ever look to shoot when he is just outside the box, surely he has the class to at least force the keeper into a save, but he would rather just turn his head and look to get it wide every single time. Pisses me off how much our midfielders pass it back to the defenders even when they could spot someone up field and none of them ever take a man on. I'm completetly pissed off with that result.

Yakubu was woeful today and made little contribution he seems to be gettin lazier and lazier as the season goes on. In the program it said something about 'To get anything from life you have to work hard' (from Yakubu) which is pretty hypocritical of him based on this season's results. Nice goal but he needs to do more. Saha and Hibbert would be a better strike force at the moment.

Arteta may be lacking confidence but he's slowly turning into baggage. His corners were again poor not getting past the first man along with his free-kicks. Whenever he got near goal he turned around to look for a pass instead of hitting it. We saw his great goal against Fiorentina in the UEFA Cup last season from long range, why can't he repeat some of the same? He looks like a totally differant player and I woulden't be surprised if it's him getting sick of Goodison-life.

On the whole, good result before KO, but I'm completely frustrated and above all dissapointed that we played so much better than them, kept the ball so much and didn't do anything. O'Neill's goal was a joke. Sunday Leage defending.

Relieved to get a point but it's worrying that we had 10 or 11 corners and couldn't convert one of them, do they practise scoring goals in training? Lescott was rubbish in the first half but improved 2nd and I thought Neville played well. Am optimistic about Fellaini the more he settles in.