IGNORED

Tottenham (away)

Bill

Osman off, Baines on

Bentley has looked good but apart from that Spurs haven't looked like getting anything from this. I would be very angry as a Spurs fan now as they hoofed balls seem to make no differance. Jagielka is showing his class again and Howard made some excellent saves from the back (He's definatly back to form) so I would have us down for a 1-0 victory.

Edited by dark

Everton 1 Tottenham 0

We controlled the defence and looked good going foreward (until Saha came off) Anichebe did well to hold up the play and Pienaar seemed to change the game for us. Mikel Arteta had a shocker again and never looked good with the ball. Mo, Pienaar and Jags were excellent today not to mention a solid performance from Howard, Neville and I'm glad to say Lescott. Great win.

Edited by dark

It was like the olden days Mark. For me that was a relief of a win. We held on like we always did with our 1-0's but we always looked so strong at the back. Lennon and Bentley did thier best to attack at us but we were just too good for them. Lescott had a good game and Jagielka was just world class again. Maybe this result will reflect what we have been saying. Drop Yakubu and we'll bloody win.

The only downside for me was Arteta. He's still not up to form and needs to be replaced, Baines came on in the 60-70th minute and looked good, deserves to be in the team more often.

It was like the olden days Mark. For me that was a relief of a win. We held on like we always did with our 1-0's but we always looked so strong at the back. Lennon and Bentley did thier best to attack at us but we were just too good for them. Lescott had a good game and Jagielka was just world class again. Maybe this result will reflect what we have been saying. Drop Yakubu and we'll bloody win.

The only downside for me was Arteta. He's still not up to form and needs to be replaced, Baines came on in the 60-70th minute and looked good, deserves to be in the team more often.

You must have watched a different game to me !!

I thought Arteta did ok in the middle and Baines only came on in injury time and didnt even touch the ball!

200% improvement on Wigan, Jags was absolutely superb and Stevie P made a big difference. Thought Feelaini was better but picked up another deserved booking for continuosly making clumsy fouls all over the pitch when he doesnt need to even make a challenge

Only bad point was losing Yak and Saha to injury

^ I meant Anichebe.

Yakubu is bad having him out of injury but maybe that will make su better. We said leave him out so now we have got our wish. We didn't want him to be injured but we shoulden't dwell on that. Saha is the main priority, it didn't look too bad. I gope it was just a knock that made him unable to stand momenterally.

Everton 1 Tottenham 0

We controlled the defence and looked good going foreward (until Saha came off) Anichebe did well to hold up the play and Pienaar seemed to change the game for us. Mikel Arteta had a shocker again and never looked good with the ball. Mo, Pienaar and Jags were excellent today not to mention a solid performance from Howard, Neville and I'm glad to say Lescott. Great win.

I agree totally, apart from arteta.

just back from london, good atomsphere, especially funny the blokes behind us getting bollocked for looking into the executive lounge to see the man u score, they closed the blinds so they started banging on the perspexs.

to my point, arteta had a good game playing the holding midfielder, expecially in the 2nd half so many interceptions and tidying up he did, at times it was Lee Carsley-esque however that was one match, so he'll be crap next week. ask anyone who was there he did good, finally bucking his ideas up

conclusions. 1) we need new strikers... our current ones are broke 2) we can only play well with a 5 man attacking midfield, 3) Mikel Arteta can only play a in a 5 man midfield

Fellaini had an epic (ok the best in a blue shirt to date) game, provided some comedy with his fouling, but he dominated Huddlestone and Zokora, Tottenham were poor they were hoofing it trying to get bent in behind us, and we were playing the football, :D

Moment of the Match, Apart from phil neville skinning bale and lennon before running in the corner and promptly giving it away, Leon Osman first half, zokora blocked him off as he tried to reach gomes, not giving up leon tried again, zokora went to block him so he just ran into him full pelt and knocked him over..... pure comedy.

I agree totally, apart from arteta.

just back from london, good atomsphere, especially funny the blokes behind us getting bollocked for looking into the executive lounge to see the man u score, they closed the blinds so they started banging on the perspexs.

to my point, arteta had a good game playing the holding midfielder, expecially in the 2nd half so many interceptions and tidying up he did, at times it was Lee Carsley-esque however that was one match, so he'll be crap next week. ask anyone who was there he did good, finally bucking his ideas up

conclusions. 1) we need new strikers... our current ones are broke 2) we can only play well with a 5 man attacking midfield, 3) Mikel Arteta can only play a in a 5 man midfield

Fellaini had an epic (ok the best in a blue shirt to date) game, provided some comedy with his fouling, but he dominated Huddlestone and Zokora, Tottenham were poor they were hoofing it trying to get bent in behind us, and we were playing the football, :D

Moment of the Match, Apart from phil neville skinning bale and lennon before running in the corner and promptly giving it away, Leon Osman first half, zokora blocked him off as he tried to reach gomes, not giving up leon tried again, zokora went to block him so he just ran into him full pelt and knocked him over..... pure comedy.

Agree with everything there mate, and you must have been just a few rows behind me!