IGNORED

Tottenham (away)

Bill

Same guess as I said in the chatbox. I think that it will be a 4-0 win to Tottenham. We are not all there at the back and until Lescott is dropped we never will be. Lescott has been terrible at the left side of defence and in the middle. We have been poor on the attack and don't have that killer insinct that Tottenham posses. Lennon and thier other fast midfielders will have a field day and score as many as they please. At a push I would say that due to thier goalkeeper, Gomes being the worst since Taibi we could nick a goal and get something from the game. But that's very doubtful, I'm with Aaron on the fact that he woulden't watch it, I'm not even going to look at the result till after the full time.

We weren't supposed to get anything from Man Utd, and we were going to beat Wigan easily :huh:

Plenty has been said since the Wigan game, the players WILL turn up for this.Well Moyes better hope they do!

What we want as much as a result is some friggin effort.A result like last season would be nice, should be possible.....if they want it bad enough.

At the start of the season people had Howard down as the weak link, he's turned his corner, now then Arteta, Cahill and Fellaini how about you three doing the same.That's just about the whole of the midfield that aren't really doing it!

Osman showed against Wigan at times the fight and effort required, maybe the Yak should look at Ossie, and try and match him.

I wonder if Moyes is going there to win!.....or to try not to lose?

Tottenham Hotspur never do things the easy way. Following the familiar flood of big-name summer signings, the pre-season optimism which lingers perennially over White Hart Lane had again drifted by come October.

For Juande Ramos, that meant the end of his spell as manager, the curtain coming down on the Carling Cup winner after just 12 months in charge. His flawed faith in flair was replaced by the no-nonsense approach of popular 'wheeler-dealer' Harry Redknapp. The result has been an immediate twist in fortunes. Five games without loss at home - including two victories over Rafael Benitez's previously unbeaten Liverpool - have seen Spurs climb out of the relegation zone and progress to the quarter finals of the League Cup. But what can Everton expect on Sunday? Ben Pearce of the Tottenham Journal gave evertonfc.com the lowdown on the Redknapp factor, the rejuvenated Aaron Lennon and the reasons why Everton fans should be confident ahead of their trip to the capital.

Ben, it's been a busy season at Spurs...

It definitely has. There's been a big story every week with Tottenham but the big turn around has come since the Arsenal game. They beat Bolton the week before, then stole that draw at the Emirates and since then they've been on an amazing run. They're unbeaten in five home games now and so, in hindsight, I think it was the right thing to part ways with Juande Ramos.

What went wrong for Ramos?

While the players were seen to be saying the right things at the time they probably had lost faith in him. What Harry Redknapp has done with the English players has been amazing - there seems to be a sparkling performance from one of them every week. The likes of Tom Huddlestone, David Bentley, Aaron Lennon, Darren Bent - they're the players Ramos wasn't getting the best out of.

The turn around has been instant. What is Harry Redknapp doing differently?

What the players have been saying is it's one-to-one communication and a real injection of confidence. They've all said they've had chats with Redknapp where he's told them he believes in them. Jamie O'Hara told me that Redknapp has been telling the midfielders not to be afraid to try things, to try and unlock defences and not always feel they have to play the safe pass. I think you can see that all the players are trying harder; under Ramos they were more worried about giving the ball away.

Who will be Tottenham's main threat on Sunday?

It depends largely on the team selection. Spurs are playing in the UEFA cup [on Thursday] but Redknapp said when he came in the priority has to be the Premier League. For that reason I think you'll see the strongest possible Tottenham side and that's going to include Aaron Lennon. He looks like a completely different player at the moment and could be the one to watch.

Players unavailable for game:

Hibbert (thigh)

Valente (knee)

Vaughan (knee)

Saha (Hamstring)

Anichebe (hamstring)

Jacobsen (shoulder)

Possibly unfit

Pienaar (knee)

Yakubu may be our only striker and we could well be without pienaar, either the thin numbers forces us to play amazing or we'll just play shit and lose badly

Moyes will go with: Howard, Neville, Yobo, Jagielka, Lescott, Osman, Cahill, Rodwell, Arteta, Fellaini, Yakubu

I doubt he will play Castillo because he doesn't like him, and I doubt he will play Baines for god knows why.

Lescott will let every fast player through, howard yobo and jags will work overtime while neville will long ball it, Yakubu will stand around waiting for inspiration...

It does not look good

its all doom and gloom...hopefully at least a draw...why all the bad blood against lescott hes still our best left back...and our best player for the last 2 years...do some of you really go to the games.

Are you serious mate if you are i take it you need new contact lenses, Lescott has been very poor so far this season and has at times cost us games.

I hope we can take something from this game but i very much doubt it 1-2 to the yids.

Edited by EFC-Paul

its all doom and gloom...hopefully at least a draw...why all the bad blood against lescott hes still our best left back...and our best player for the last 2 years...do some of you really go to the games.

Lets all accept him playing shite every week just because he has playedwell in the PAST hey? The past counts for shit when he's helping us to concede NOW.

I don't give a crap about his goals last season, I care about this season. And this season he hasn't looked threatening going forward, hasn't looked threatening in terms of repeating his goalscoring feats of last season, and teams are attacking Lescott's side because they know he's looking shite, not to mention he's been at fault directly for a few goals already and probably for others indirectly by our CB's needing to cover for his daydreaming and therefore they're out of position.

Because Lescott has been by far our worst player this season. He has seemed lost all game and has been out of position more times than he is in. Looking over Mark's post he has covered most things that should answer your question as to why we should single out Lescott. The goals conceded can be traced back to him whether its directly his fault or by him dragging Jagielka/Neville/Yobo into the wrong position due to him daydreaming about the pitch. Teams have got wise to this and have been using it to thier advantage. What about Gary O'Neill's goal for Middlesbrough against us a week ago, he should have been picked up by Lescott way before he got the ball and when he got it there was only one place it was going to go. Howard should have done better at his near post but then again we can trace it back to Lescott. From being our best player last season to by far our worst.

remember class is permanent form isnt.....as i see it this season of the whole team only jags has been consistant...so why single out lescott.

Lescott isn't the only one being singled out and you know it. Howard was getting stick til he sorted himself out, Yakubu's been getting it, Arteta the same... the list is endless so far this season.