IGNORED

Aston Villa (home)

dark

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1513: TEAMS Everton v Aston Villa

Everton: Howard, Neville, Yobo, Jagielka, Lescott, Osman, Fellaini, Arteta, Pienaar, Cahill, Anichebe. Subs: Nash, Baines, Van der Meyde, Castillo, Jutkiewicz, Gosling, Kissock.

Aston Villa: Friedel, Cuellar, Laursen, Davies, Luke Young, Sidwell, Petrov, Barry, Milner, Agbonlahor, Ashley Young. Subs: Guzan, Harewood, Delfouneso, Knight, Reo-Coker, Shorey, Gardner.

Oh dear, although knowing moyes he'll put vdm on ahead of castillo :rolleyes:

and where is rodwell? :huh:

Oh dear, although knowing moyes he'll put vdm on ahead of castillo :rolleyes:

and where is rodwell? :huh:

We need attacking options on the bench, hence VDM and not Rodwell.

Pleased to see DM is (possibly) willing to give him a go.

1-0 down with 15 mins left you need something different....and you can be sure Villa wil have no clue what to expect from him....mind you, neither do we :unsure: .

(Aston Villa: Friedel, Cuellar, Laursen, Davies, Luke Young, Sidwell, Petrov, Barry, Milner, Agbonlahor, Ashley Young. Subs: Guzan, Harewood, Delfouneso, Knight, Reo-Coker, Shorey, Gardner.)

Not sure whether it's a;

We really didn't deserve to lose that OR They didn't deserve to win it!?!?!

I'm absolutely gutted. Thought that was one of our best performances so far this season!

Howard- Didn't have anything to do other than pick the ball out the back of the net.

Neville- Some good linking up down the flanks, and kept Young fairly quiet.

Jagielka- Shocking back pass, but he'll get over it.

Yobo- Solid, and generally defended well.

Lescott- Took his goals well. Experimental centre forward anyone.

Arteta- Neat, tidy but very little movement further up to pick a pass. Poor setpieces.

Osman- Linked up well.

Pienaar- Always makes us tick, and had some good touches.

Fellaini- Thought he was probably our best player on the ball. Won most if not all headers. If he lost the afro might even score one or 2.

Cahill- Worked hard, but was fairly anonymous.

Anichebe- Thought he led the line well against some big defenders. Needs a run of games and hopefully a goal or 2.

VDM- Decent cameo at the end. Good delivery on setpieces. Might be nice to see a bit more of him.

We've got players there with real quality, but we look frightened to death to shoot!!!

GUTTED!

Hm was guttered but now kinda ova it we played gud football and just lacked concentration at key stages of the game.

Great to see VDM still has the confidence to run at defenders we only really have one player that runs at defenders these days and its baines so hopefully VDM can make a come back. :lol: how many times have we said that....

Dissapointing game. I thought we played well and made only three mistakes in the entire game which unfortunatly lead to goals. We needed to have started from the whistle and we didn't. It was a good strike from Sidwell that took it past Howard but we needed to have closed him and his attack partners down quicker. Poor.

Jagielka had a real good game apart from the shocking backpass..just amaturish. I don't think that I should go on about it because I'm just going to say the same as what has already been posted other than the fact that he will go into the Manchester City game next week the same, if not better. He's still our best player and even though it is hard to say it right now - everyone makes mistakes.

The third goal was a blur for me, from jumping up and down to watching Young running in front of us was painful. Referee didn't help in the slightest either nor did Anichebe's little knock.

"The players didn't deserve that today they played really well. We had a right go at it. We hit the bar and had a couple off the line and so we're disappointed. If you look at Victor Anichebe's performance I thought it was outstanding. He came off injured and I thought many people would have seen that."

^I hope thats not an injury like Yakubu/Saha. We don't need to have to rely on Baxter and Agard. :unsure:

Totaly, totaly outplayed villa :angry:

If we play like that for the rest of the season, I wont complain.

The only player for us who maybe could have done slightly more was Cahill.Jagielka will beat himself up over his goal....did you see how happy he was with Lescott after his second goal.

Anichebe coped pretty well, and if he improves on that performance then he could be heading in the right direction.

We were first to nealy every ball..........villa!....three chances three goals....no justice :angry:

I am absolutely gutted, apart from the first 20 minutes we were outstanding today and in no way deserved to lose. The one negative about our performance (apart from lack of concentration ofcourse) was the lack of movement by our midfield, there's only Fellaini who constantly makes himself available as an out ball for the defence.

Howard - Did everything asked of him.

Neville - Another very good performance at right back, you can't fault him when he had Young running at him all game.

Yobo - Solid, a good performance from him

Jagielka - If not for him crap backpass it would have been another flawless performance

Lescott - As a left back he was pretty average but he scored two cracking goals

Pienaar - I felt he hung on to the ball a little too long at times but he played well on the whole

Cahill - Bloody crap, didn't look fit to me

Fellaini - His composure really is something to marvel at tbh. It's so refreshing and our other midfielders should take note. He very rarely gives the ball away and really is getting better with each game he plays. If he could just stop getting booked we could have a proper dominating midfielder.

Arteta - It's the best I've seen him play but its still not good enough IMO, and I hope Osman or someone else keeps taking the corners

Osman - I didn't think he was very good either tbh, he gave the ball away far too much by passing without looking. He's another who doesn't look fit.

Anichebe - I was tempted to give him my MOTM vote today because I thought he was terrific for us. If he can keep that sort of performance up consistently then I'll be forced to change my view about him

Shandy - I can't believe I'm going to say this but I wish Moyes had brought him on earlier :huh: . His crossing and corners were brilliant and he looked well up for it. What's the betting we wont ever see him again though?

A special mention must go to the referee today. He was a fucking joke and did everything he could to ensure we didn't win today and he got his wish. The best moment was when our player was waiting for the ball to come down and a Villa player ran into him and flattened him and he gave the free kick to VILLA! He's not fit to referee.

Shandy - I can't believe I'm going to say this but I wish Moyes had brought him on earlier :huh: . His crossing and corners were brilliant and he looked well up for it. What's the betting we wont ever see him again though?

I know. Brilliant talent just never plays. :(

Really really disapointed, for obvious reasons. I was however pleasantly surprised by the level of our performance today:-

Howard- Not much he could have done for any of the goals, had the odd moment where positioning was off but he dealt with all there set pieces brilliantly

Neville- Quite, but strong performance.

Yobo- Very strong, made some very good tackles.

Jags- What can you say. 1 minute of madness, 89 minutes perfect (almost)

Lescott- Probably his best performance of the season but still nowhere near his level last year. He took his second goal brilliantly though.

Osman- Poor. Too weak while on the ball and too often made the wrong decisions off it.

Arteta- He did very well for a change, however that was as playing as a holding midfielder. He didn't play like his old self but this incarnation of him worked better than he has done this season. He seemed to play a Carrick style role and it suited him

Fellani- Our best midfielder by a long way. Composed and not afraid to get forward, he also did something that more of our players should be doing week in week out, and thats trying to take a ball past a defender!

Cahill- Poor, I agree with Mark, didn't look fit.

Pienaar- OK. He was lively but against strong defenders like today he clearly struggles. I wish he would shoot from distance more often as well.

Anichibe- Hmmm. I didn't think he was great tbh, his positioning was what was causing me the most annoyance, too often he would get in other peoples way. He wasn't awful today but we need much better if we are going to have any chance of europe this year.

Shandy- I was very pleased to see him today, its hard to judge on such a short cameo but i thought he did what was asked of him very well. It would be good too see him get more of a run out, if we do is another matter all together though!

I thought it was the best performance of the season tbh, not many people will agree, but to outclass villa for the best part of the game shows we are still up there with the top 6, if we had put all our chances in today and had a bit more luck we could have hammered a good side today.

Howard- He took every set piece perfectly, a month ago I was on his back I admit but he didn't do nothing wrong today.

Neville - apart from a few poor passes he done alright.

Yobo - are best defender today, dealt with agbonlahor everytime.

Jags - apart from the goal as solid as ever.

Lescott - best performance of the season but he will get better.

Osman - apart from his corners which villa didn't look to comfortable with he was poor, no influence on the match.

Arteta - as jamie said, played a bit like carrick for man utd, he will get better there aswell once he is used to it, if it wasn't for him outclassing barry in the middle villa might have got into the game more themselves, it was a really promising performance, made barry look shite.

Fellani - what can you say about him, he's a class act one of the most composed players ive seen at Goodison in a while, him and arteta could become a real partnership.

Cahill - his first touch looked awful today, cant remember him doing anything worth mentioning he had no influence what so ever.

Pienaar - I thought he was one of are best players today, he did keep the ball for to long at times but his first touch is above everyone elses and he did look to keep the ball down.

Anichibe - I thought he done really well considering the pressure on him, martin laursen is one of the best defenders in the league but he was no way marked out of the game by him, and his work rate and fitness has improved alot.

Andy - looked really hungry to show people he cares today keep bringing him on each week and he will give us something late on.

think it was the first time ive seen arteta run after the ball this year and first time in a long while seen him making some tackles

if he can get his distribution and composure back he'll suit that well be able to run the game from the there and let fellaini get forward cos he was awesome. beating them in the air to everything and really is gonna be a star. as its been said play like this all season will be happy i mean jags isnt gonna do a mistake like that every game i just hope he keeps his head up! glad to hear the fans chantin only on jagielka after it though to keep his head. it happens though just a shame we messed up against a good team. but on another day we'd have battered them and with the injuries we have can be proud of that yesterday. thats the team with the best chance of getting into the top 4 according to most and we outplayed them. we just dont have the fit strikers even victor was injured yesterday but still played on