IGNORED

Aston Villa (home)

dark

I've just seen the highlights for the first time and I didn't realise just how badly Lescott got raped for their third :angry:

From the one time I saw it on MOTD (couldn't bring myself to watch replays) I thought Arteta was more to blame for losing posession in the middle....could be wrong.

(and is your Nugent avatar getting steadily bigger as we get closer to Jan EW :P )

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the one time I saw it on MOTD (couldn't bring myself to watch replays) I thought Arteta was more to blame for losing posession in the middle....could be wrong.

(and is your Nugent avatar getting steadily bigger as we get closer to Jan EW :P )

I agree about Arteta as well Mike, he has more ability than what he showed on that occasion. But Lescott could have done a lot more too. I just hope we bounce back but our next two games are tough - City and Chelsea :mellow: .

It is an attempt to get you guys to subconciouslessly like him and bring him to Goodison :)

The avatar is not getting bigger, it is your affection for him that is growing :D

Yeah I don't think Lescott was to blame at all, Young had the run on him and it was brilliant play from him, the only thing Lescott could and possibly should have done was bring him down and get a red card. Arteta was absolutely outstanding yesterday, the only two slight mistakes he made unfortunately led to the first and third goals when on another day they would have led to nothing, they weren't calamitous errors in themselves, but unfortunately they fell for Villa players and they ended up finishing them clinically.

That was the best we have played all year and it finally looks like we have got the balance, we dominated Spurs and Villa and yesterday was just a freak result, if we had have won 4-0 no one could have complained. Fellaini had a good game but I don't think he came close to Arteta as our best player in midfield, Arteta made some brilliant tackles, he was always available for the ball out of defense, he hardly gave the ball away all afternoon and made us tick, it's why we played some football for once. He finally replaced the massive chasm that Carlsey left and with a bit more quality on the ball, VERY promising, the fact is he's our best player and showed it again, let's just hope he stays there. Also, the set-pieces were nicely divided up yesterday, Arteta's last couple weren't great but his early 4 or 5 were excellent and he did set up the first goal with a perfect delivery.

Howard - excellent, came and caught a lot of crosses.

Neville - apart from Young's two goals he hardly got a kick.

Yobo - a rock for me, kept the one trick pony Agbonlahor in his pocket all match, once again he is slowly but surely getting back to being one of the most unsung and best defenders in the league.

Jags - one horrendous mistake, played well otherwise although had little to do as Yobo was obviously given the task of keeping track of Agbonlahor.

Lescott - much more like it, excellent.

Osman - tried hard, did ok and kept going.

Cahill - not brilliant, worked very hard but never looked like scoring.

Fellaini - played very well but faded badly again in the last 20 minutes, possibly should have scored the header that was tipped onto the bar.

Arteta - brilliant, the most complete performance I can remember seeing from an Everton DM in a long, long time - he can go on to be our driving force. 10/10.

Pienaar - disappointing, too many pointless flicks and lost posession, our worst player on the day, to be honest, nearly every time we're on tv he's fairly useless.

Anichebe - superb, the best I've seen anyone lead our forward line in a 451 for some time, got injured after an hour and faded badly after that, which is why he was replaced. Moyes was made up with him and so was I. Well done.

We just can't let this get us down, we've won some games totally undeserved this season so maybe this evens things out a bit. If we just keep playing like that we'll rocket up the table and there is no reason why we can't finish top 4-6 again, especially as we should be strong later in the season, we just need to keep clear of any more injuries. Superb performance and the first time I've felt genuine optimism this season, we finally looked like a team.

I've just seen the highlights for the first time and I didn't realise just how badly Lescott got raped for their third :angry:

on further inspection he screams Joe when he realises yobo hadnt caught up, He should have Took Young Out, took the red and we take our chances with the set peice.

Drunken Revellers to Emo Kids in 30 seconds.... That was a better performance than tottenham! i think the martin "rookie should go back to league 2" atkinson helped us in that the crowd got stoked up by his pisspoor display,

what the hell do you do on days like this.

Fellaini man of the match, people still getting on his back but he's causing panic in the oppersition defence everytime.

only because he's so tall, not because he has any great footballing ability, plus he doesn't seem to be the greatest jumper in the world. Don't get me wrong, I thought he played well but I don't think he's been amazing or anything, I was far more impressed by Arteta, Yobo and Anichebe yesterday.

only because he's so tall, not because he has any great footballing ability, plus he doesn't seem to be the greatest jumper in the world. Don't get me wrong, I thought he played well but I don't think he's been amazing or anything, I was far more impressed by Arteta, Yobo and Anichebe yesterday.

Think you're a bit off there. He knows where the goal is and his headers are always on target, despite being doubled up on routinely. Not to mention he seems to have excellent feet for a big man and has made defenders miss and end up on the ground more than once. As his finishing improves I suspect we'll see a lot of goals out of him.

To be honest, a good performance but WTF went on at the end.

Shandy andy brought on and our striker taken off and a left back brought on. Just shows we are scraping the barrel within our own squad.

Andy played well and the games he has played he's been a good performer, unlike the guy in your avatar that's sadly linked with us. <_<

Who can remember that league cup final second replay.....against Aston Villa....when we lost..........

.....3-2 ?

For some reason that friggin game and that little tosser Brian Little nipping in to score late on....has been on my friggin mind today :angry:

David Moyes!.....sit the lads down and watch Sundays match over!.....you walked all over the Villa, there's no reason why you can't play like that every week.

Who can remember that league cup final second replay.....against Aston Villa....when we lost..........

.....3-2 ?

I can....only too well :( .

First we had the embarrassment of possibly the worst ever Wembley final....then the drawn replay at Hillsborough (not quite so bad).

My abiding memory of the 3-2 game though was the fact that we had a defensive crisis going on, and Neil Robinson played at right back (Dave Jones played there in the first game, Mike Bernard the second).

He was a complete liability and looked about as solid as Titus Bramble on valium :angry: . Cost us the game (in my memory, I apologise to him if I'm being harsh....I was seventeen at the time so may have had a bevvy or two :P )

Don't remember much about Robinson......DO remember Darracott and Lawson looking at each other as Little scored the winner........OH yes and the 70 yard (things seem much bigger when your young)

hit and hope from their broken nosed center half, which took about 2 minutes (time seemed much longer when your young) to get from his boot into the goal!!

PS (I really do need to find a younger woman) :rolleyes:

took victor off cos of his back didn't he but puttin baines on was a strange un i mean got a striker on the bench use him i know hes a kid but who knows til you try? 2-1 down and no striker on the pitch i mean i know it worked but only cos our set plays caused some problems and we got height in there

should have brought baines on for neville or left neville on he kept young fairly quiet really