IGNORED

Chelsea (home)

The Regulator

What was this crap about?

Neither Scolari or his assistant, Ray Wilkins, attended the usual post-match press conference to take reporters' questions.

A Chelsea spokesman said: "None of the Chelsea management team feel able to come up [to the press conference].

"They have issues with a number of decisions during the game and feel it would be better that they do not comment."

Obviously been taking lessons on his induction to the "whining four" coaches club from Ferguson, Benitez and Wenger.

"We can do whatever we like and it's never our fault."

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I thought we defended really well, kept Chelsea at bay and if there were any goals they would have talked about us a bit more reverentially like they did about West Ham. The only thing we lacked, which was obvious, was an attacking prowess. In the final third we would have collapsed were it not for fellaini’s giant barnet.

Howard – Never really got tested but reacted well to situations Chelsea could have exploited. He had to look a lot more alert when Drogba came on but did his job.

Hibbert – Have we got an award for most improved performance in a single match? Hibbo looked like his usual useless self in the opening bouts, but after the Terry sending off he looked so much more comfortable, he delivered a few decent crosses and made some crunching tackles. Very pleasantly surprised, however he still looked like a 4 year old confronted with a lion when the ball came towards him; nice to know though that when we do need him he is good enough for back up.

Yobo – Had a decent game but wasn’t charged with marking the forwards so was hardly tested that much. Got off a nice shot but limped off, bad news for future games.

Jagielka – Another stonking game, he’s pretty much infallible this season, a rock in our defense and kept away all of chelsea’s efforts.

Lescott – Had a good game; had a better one at centre back and it was obvious he is more comfortable there.

Neville – Did well in the holding role, never looked comfortable on the counter attack but he’s not that sort of player anyway. Did ok.

Arteta – had an ok game, broke up some attacks and put together some nice plays. Didn’t knock it out the park, though.

Pienaar – Had a hot and cold game, some great moves, some absolute shit ones.

Osman – Did well to cover hibbert’s early mistakes but remained anonymous for me.

Fellaini – Slow, very very slow, but was our sole source in the air in the box. Needs to work on his pacing a lot because he never looked like keeping up with the pace.

Cahill – My MotM. Pressured the defence, didn’t stop working for us and tried his hardest to get goals. In a match where chances were few he was always pressuring for an opening.

Overall we held them with a razor thin squad, and I’m glad of a no score draw. No damage and we earned a point.

I feared the worst in the first 10 mins, they were passing it about effortlessly and we were standing off them far too much. The standing off didn't really change but we got better at keeping the ball, before that we were playing hot potatoe with it! Once we calmed down, though, I thought we were very. Oh how we could have done with a bit of cutting edge though, we'd have at least got one goal I reckon. We were superb and I'm proud of the way we played, we've just got to keep it up now and push on over Christmas.

The ref got the big decisions right last night and should be commended for sending Terry off. I thought he'd at best book him tbh, but he showed balls. I can't understand what the Chelsea players were complaining about, it was a shocking tackle.

Howard - In truth, he didn't have much to do but he commanded his area and defence well.

Hibbert - He gave Deco a bit too much space at times but he was pretty solid. He even provided us with a bit of an attacking outlet which was a pleasant suprise. I'd still prefer Pip at RB just to keep him out of midfield!

Yobo - Solid and I hope his injury isn't too serious.

Jagielka - A rock, as usual. When you consider he probably wasn't 100% (having needed a fitness test) his performance looks even better. My MOTM.

Lescott - Not the best going forward and I thought he drifted into the middle of defence too often but he is getting better.

Osman - Worked tirelessly for the cause; battled when it was needed and passed well too. One of our best players on the night.

Arteta - Going forward he was pretty average but his defensive work was spot on.

Fellaini - He made a couple of sloppy passes but on the whole I thought he was very good. I just love his composure. The one thing I wish he'd do (and he's not the only one who needs to) is to turn with the ball more instead of just passing it in the direction he's facing.

Neville - He is NOT a defensive midfielder, that much is clear. He was the worst culprit for standing off the Chelsea players, and it's his bloody job as DM to close down the space!

Pienaar - Our worst player by far. He never really got into the game and gave the ball away far too much. He should have been substituted tbh.

Cahill - He was isolated for most of the game but he looked good. He annoyed the Chelsea defence and made them uncomfortable which was key to us gaining a point IMO. He always made himself available for the ball as well; whether that was on the floor or in the air. Quality performance.

Baines - When he came on I thought he was very, very good. He wasn't tested defensively but going forward he was quality. He gave us that attacking edge down the left that Lescott just hadn't provided. If Yobo is out for a few weeks then Moyes should have no qualms about using Baines at LB. I just hope that if he performs well Moyes doesn't just drop him and bring Yobo back in regardless.

nwannem (Chelsea fan)

"JT's red card is not the end of the road for chelsea. chelsea will come out stronger, and will end up in May as E.P.L champions, no doubt..the officiating of the Everton march really exposed the weakness of the referee..the entire match was indeed officiated by the Everton fans..the referee gave yellow crads and free kicks each time Everton fans shouted...I see the scandal that rocked the Italian "seria A" taking place in the E.P.L if this scenario is not corrected..the referee was not man enough to handle a match of that magnitude...he should be sent to division 3...that is where he belongs.."

Another tit.