IGNORED

Chelsea (home)

The Regulator

Worrying :unsure: .

PHIL JAGIELKA has given Everton a major injury scare as they prepare to kick-off their festive programme against Chelsea tonight.

Jagielka has been the Blues’ outstanding performer so far this season but he tweaked a hamstring in training over the weekend and is a doubt to face Luis Felipe Scolari’s men.

The England international will need to pass a pre-match fitness test to take his place in the starting line-up and will be given every opportunity to prove his wellbeing.

If Jagielka fails to pull through, though, boss David Moyes will face a huge selection dilemma, as Victor Anichebe and Segundo Castillo are also major doubts.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Chelsea/paper guy interviewed on the site is right about the reason Chelsea hve such a good away record and we should be looking to play up to it.

When people go to Stamford Bridge they put everyone behind the ball and look to counter. Chelsea seem to struggle to break teams down when they play like that while away from home teams come out and try to play allowing Chelsea to find gaps and score.

While I don't want to see us play boring everyone behind the ball game, it could be the most likely way we'll get a goal. After all I don't see us breaking down their defence anyway other than from a set piece so counter attacks are as good a way to pick up corners and free kicks as any.

I see tickets still on sale for the game by the way.

Edited by FairWooney

I see tickets still on sale for the game by the way.

Noticed that and had a look at the online box office to see how bad it was, and although on the main stadium diagram they're claiming "good" availability for some areas of the ground when you actually look for a seat virtually the only ones left are restricted views.

Would take a very big game for me to pay £30 for a view of a pillar.

Everton

24 Howard

02 Hibbert

04 Yobo

06 Jagielka

05 Lescott

18 Neville

21 Osman

10 Arteta

25 Fellaini

20 Pienaar

17 Cahill

Substitutes

01 Nash, 03 Baines, 07 Van der Meyde, 26 Rodwell, 27 Jutkiewicz, 32 Gosling, 36 Kissock

Hibbo in, Castillo out, Pip in midfield :( . Say a little prayer.

Chelsea

01 Cech

17 Bosingwa

33 Alex

26 Terry

03 A Cole

12 Mikel

10 J Cole

13 Ballack

08 Lampard

20 Deco

39 Anelka

Pienaar was so close to staying onside and I don't think Dowdy was going to call a foul there. Fellaini so close too with his flick. Shame we couldn't make our numbers tell. Really wanted of a striker, so many balls in and around the box that just needed a little quality. Should have won this one really, but a home draw against a perfect Chelshit is far from the worst result.

Edited by chicagoblue

Just watched a bit of Football Matters on Setanta. Do so called pundits actually have a clue.

'Everton looked like the away team, and didn't really offer anything much'

'It was a 0-0 bore draw really wasn't it?'

'It was a yellow, and a refereeing decision ruined the chance to get the win.'

What a sack of horse shit! We were unlucky not to beat them 2-3 in the end I thought, and with maybe a bit more quality in the box we would have.

Guest efctaxi

Good point against Chelsea , though unlucky not to get all 3 .

Few key incidents , and a referee who certainly wasn't going to take any crap from the chavs tonight . :P

Early in the game , Chelsea were showing us how to pass the ball , and were breaking through quite worryingly ( good example as to why we aren't a top 4 side ) .

Terry was a little unlucky on one hand , and bloody stupid on the other . Although I don't feel for a moment he was looking for the man , after watching a few replays , I have to say it was a good call and the red card was correct .

Yobo going off ( hope he's ok ) and Baines coming on was another turning point for me , and we seemed to ascend from then on and dominate a 10 man squad .

24 Howard .. Did enough , though a few worrying moments helped by the offside flag .

02 Hibbert .. Thought he had an exellent game , and combined well on the right .

04 Yobo .. Decent before going off .

06 Jagielka .. Solid performance and some strong attacking headers keeping up the pressure .

05 Lescott .. Another good performance . Getting back to consistency .

18 Neville .. Average game , did ok .

21 Osman .. Exellent game throughout .

10 Arteta .. Needs some consistency . Not good enough tonight .

25 Fellaini .. Another solid game .

20 Pienaar .. Gave the ball away far too much .

17 Cahill .. Was he playing tonight ?

Sub .. Baines .. Great performance .

VERY pleased with Hibbert and Osman tonight , and difficult to chose which deserved man of the match .

What's for sure though , is that Chelsea looked a good side up untill Terry's sending off , and had he not gone , I think wqe would have lost tonight . As it was , we ended up dominating the 2nd half , and I was dissappointed to hear the final whistle , as I thought we might have knicked it .

Looks like we are having a good spell at the moment , and hope it continues :)