IGNORED

Chelsea (home)

The Regulator

Our home form has been atrocious however just the same as the draw with manure saw us have a turn around in our luck and see us capture points so too do I think Chelsea will give us the challenge at home we need to rise to, and we'll start to establish our home form from this game. We have played excellently in the last 3 games, winning 2 and being very unfortunate not to win the other.

I think Chelski are having there own problems at the moment and could only draw with West Ham, so this would be a good point to build up our home results.

I can see us winning this one:

Howard

Neville Yobo Jagielka Lescott

Osman Fellaini Arteta Pienaar

Cahill

Anichebe

Subs: Nash, Hibbert, Baines, Rodwell, Van Der Meyde, Saha, Gosling.

2-1, Fellaini and Arteta for us, Anelka for them

Edited by The Regulator

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after they drawn today I cant really see us beating them, but i suppose its a good time to play them because we wont want to finish with tough games at the end of the season so it gets it out the way.

------------------------HOWARD--------------------------

NEVILLE-----YOBO----------------JAGS--------LESCOTT

--------------CASTILLO--------ARTETA-------------------

-----CAHILL-----------FELLAINI------------PIENAAR------

--------------------------SAHA------------------------------

thats what I would play, were going to need to play even better to beat chelsea but that looks a very strong team.

Edited by Blue4Ever

Guest Moe Joe

2-2

Chelsea (like us) have a knack for scoring late with a header. We need Jagielka to contain Anelka and at times that is impossible if Ballack/Deco send the perfect ball.

I hope Saha is fit to play, he is a natural goal scorer and always hits the target; Cech may save these shots/headers but at least he can pin point each shot. Ballack, Deco, Lampard and Obi Mikel are a hard midfield to break so it isn't going to be like the Villa game where we dominated in this area. We need Arteta to be in top form and make those awesome tackles he made on Barry in the Aston Villa game; Barry was quiet all game. We need to score off our corners and we need the back 4 to make no mistake. It is also great to see that Cahill is finding his team and when he shoots, is in on target.

Another good thing is that Arteta is shooting from range; and at a bloody deadly speed! He isn't the floppy cock he was at the beginning of the season and he is now pushing forward. He clobbered Hart on the chest; hit Cech in the face!

Anelka - Kalou.

Arteta - Fellaini.

COYB

Edited by Moe Joe

Woulden't hold much hope for these types of games but with a good win against Manchester City and a good performance against Aston Villa we have to be optimistic. Let's take advantage of Chelsea's poor record, they've been dropping points against teams that they really should beat and don't look like the threat they did under Mourinhio and Grant. I think that we'll draw (or lose) but I'm going to look optimistic and go for a draw. We've shown good spirit and come up with the goods when it matters. My bet it that Marouane Fellaini puts us in the lead but Nicholas Anelka hits back to rescue the point.

HOWARD--------------------------

I like this team the only changes I would make would be baines in for lescott and Vic for saha.

HOWARD--------------------------

I like this team the only changes I would make would be baines in for lescott and Vic for saha.

Cahill wide? I don't think he does he best work on the wing to be honest

Guest efctaxi

I think we'll either scrape a 1-0 , or lose 4-0 ( or more ... yikes ) :huh:

So far , I have a 100% win success rate since joining this forum ( 1 out of 1 he he :P ) so hope it continues , but we'll be up against it big time now Chelsea are in need of a lift .

Have you guys seen their away form....

Played 8

Won 8

Goals for 21

Against 1

Not a chance in hell im afraid

Not exactly come scross the top sides on their travels though, with the possible exception of Hull.

They've won at Bolton, West Brom, Blackburn, 'Boro, Stoke, Pompey, City and Wigan.

You'd really be surprised if they'd failed to beat any of those wouldn't you? When they've come up against half decent sides in Europe they've not done so well (drew against Cluj and lost to Roma).

Our home record doesn't reflect the standard we're playing at currently and I certainly don't think we'll get blown away. I'm thinking a draw but leaning towards us nicking it if anyone's going to get the win.

Runs are there to be broken, we did it to them in 2005 when we were complete shite and they'd not dropped a point home or away...

("Everton didn't just hold Chelsea. They took the game to them, and while they rode their luck at times - but for a dreadful non-penalty award by Mark Clattenburg they might even have been celebrating a truly memorable victory.

They became the first team to prevent Chelsea from winning this season and they proved that the fire, the fight and the team spirit which caried them to a Champions League place last season has not been extinguished").

Bring it on!

As Adam said i can see this being the start of us picking up points at home whether that be one point or all three its a tough one to choose but as Mike said i cant see us being blown away.

Chelsea and the other top 3 teams dont usually operate very well when teams lay into them and keep closing them down if we can do that i think we will be ok.

2-1 Saha Fallaini - Kalou

After reading DM's interview in the Echo today....

maybe this is how he plans to beat Chelsea on monday.......

while were at lets forget the transfer window becuase after all.............

“We are resilient and always have been,” said Moyes. “We have got a group of players who are prepared to play with injuries“

ffs moysie I dont want to be hearing that...

If they had a market on players getting yellow cards they would refuse to take bets on Fellaini anymore. It's getting a bit ridiculous, we can't afford to lose him once every 6 or 7 matches because the race for Europe is going to come down to the wire and we need to be at our best every single game.

Guest Reg Reagan

not an easy game against the chavs but i hope that we can at least come out with a draw.

Deco, ballack and fat frank are the only threats i can see from the chavs and they can score goals from long distance if we dont close them down in the midfield

Fellaini's hopefully gonna' get some fair treatment from the official tonight. He's being unfairly treated because of his height and its good to see something getting done about it, the link's below for the full story.

The club's record £15million signing has been booked eight times this season, including in each of his last three matches.

However, Everton feel on a number of occasions the bookings have been more to do with Fellaini being an imposing figure, and the fact he stands out with his shock of black curly hair.

Following one recent encounter they were forced to voice concerns to the match officials, and if it persists they may yet contact Hackett, the Premier League head of referees.

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1...4676647,00.html

not an easy game against the chavs but i hope that we can at least come out with a draw.

Deco, ballack and fat frank are the only threats i can see from the chavs and they can score goals from long distance if we dont close them down in the midfield

There only threats?

What about Drogba, Anelka, Malouda in attack, what about the men in midfield bar those three. Even John Terry's a threat with his height. Chelsea as a team are a threat, we could say that Petr Cech is a threat. If we dont score past him we can't win.

IMO, it's gonna be a real tough nut to crack tonight.