IGNORED

Jizzard Arrested

I just got told about this when I was in the doctors a few moments ago. That's the second funnies thing that I've read so far (the first was when the doctor went out of the room and left a lad's medical history on the computer) I doubt that anything will come of it. He'll be handed back to Liverpool with a slap on the wrist like all footballers do. The worst that I can expect from this is that he'll get a fine. We just hope that Liverpool FC don't employ people with a criminal record :P

"England and Liverpool footballer Steven Gerrard has been charged with assault and affray following a disturbance outside a Merseyside nightclub.

The 28-year-old was arrested along with five other men near the Lounge Inn in Southport in the early hours of Monday.

A 34-year-old man was taken to hospital with facial injuries, not thought to be life-threatening.

John Doran, 29, and Ian Smith, 19, both from Huyton, Liverpool, have also been charged and bailed over the incident.

All three will appear at North Sefton Magistrates' Court on 23 January, accused of assault occasioning actual bodily harm and affray.

ABH cases can be heard in magistrates' court or crown court.....

In magistrates' court the offence carries a maximum six months in prison, and at crown court a maximum of five years.

In cases of very serious affray where it is plain that there was some measure of preparation, some measure of central organisation and direction, those who are proved to be organisers and ringleaders can expect heavy custodial sentences.

Won't happen but a man can dream :) .

Bit of an idiot really. I'm surprised as I would have expected more from him, especially with Liverpool at the moment. Somthing like this could really derail them and they don't need shit happening off the pitch.... not that I'm going to complain though! :P Fuck all will happen to him though, a fine at most, that he can afford more than most.

Reds give backing of Gerrard

Liverpool are prepared to give their full support to Steven Gerrard in the wake of his assault charge. The Reds skipper was arrested in connection with a brawl at a Southport bar in the early hours of Monday morning. He was then held by police for 24 hours before being released on bail.

The England international has been charged, along with two other men, with assault occasioning actual bodily harm and affray. Gerrard had been out celebrating with friends after helping Liverpool cement their place at the Premier League summit with a 5-1 mauling of Newcastle. The 28-year-old can, however, rely on the backing of his club throughout this difficult time, with the Anfield outfit releasing the following statement to the Liverpool Echo.

"Steven has been an outstanding servant to Liverpool for the last 10 years and the club will give him all the support he needs at this time."

I can't believe how people ie lfc and other international players are giving their support to Gerrard.

If Gerrard is guilty of assault, he is no better than Joey Barton.They want the fame, they should learn to live with the pressure, without resorting to violence.

Something obviously happened for him to be charged, so why are people giving him their support?

I know through my red brother, that at least one luckypool forum have had posters already starting to talk about violence towards the assulted man and to his business!! :o

Here we go again with the death threats!

Duncan Ferguson was a very good player, but also a bit too handy with the old fists!......He did the crime and served the time.I know Everton kept his job open, but I for one would have been dissapointed with EFC had we openly backed him....or heard fans saying they wanted revenge against Duncans victim.

If captain fantastic is innocent, then bloody well leave him alone!...........if he's guilty, serve your time mate!

This is all so unfair......why can't the police just be as nice as the referee's to stevie?

Quite staggering, reading this article http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ool/7805384.stm you'd think he was the victim rather than the (alleged) offender.

"I sat down with him and had a very good talk about the situation. We'll do whatever we can to support Steven in the weeks ahead."

"We have a watching brief on this and have offered any help we can. I was concerned when I heard about the case as I have known Steven Gerrard a long time."

"Liverpool will support him and the Liverpool fans will support him tremendously well. He's a really strong character and I'm sure it won't affect his performance."

gerrard has always been a recluse and even well documented at being one so him going to a nightclub for starts is out of character, though why would a young father of young children (who are young btw) be out partying the mother doth ask?

and dont say because one of the children isnt his!

Guest efctaxi

It was simply a case of ' come n' ave a go if ya think Gerrard enough ' :)

The shite could say goal instead for a new song lol

Edited by efctaxi

I don't particularly care about it all tbh but it was still a good read.

It is...a bit of sanity brought to the subject....

....which is strange coming from a Millwall supporter with a police caution for common assault of his pregnant girlfriend on his record :) .

Like the Phil Collins comment in particular :lol: .

I can't believe how people ie lfc and other international players are giving their support to Gerrard.

If Gerrard is guilty of assault, he is no better than Joey Barton.They want the fame, they should learn to live with the pressure, without resorting to violence.

Something obviously happened for him to be charged, so why are people giving him their support?

I know through my red brother, that at least one luckypool forum have had posters already starting to talk about violence towards the assulted man and to his business!! :o

Here we go again with the death threats!

Duncan Ferguson was a very good player, but also a bit too handy with the old fists!......He did the crime and served the time.I know Everton kept his job open, but I for one would have been dissapointed with EFC had we openly backed him....or heard fans saying they wanted revenge against Duncans victim.

If captain fantastic is innocent, then bloody well leave him alone!...........if he's guilty, serve your time mate!

This is all so unfair......why can't the police just be as nice as the referee's to stevie?

Four words:

Innocent until proven guilty.

I did read that. But if he's innocent UNTIL he's proven guilty then why take the piss BEFORE the trial?

To balance out the huge amount of amount of support/sympathy he's getting from every other quarter who are reacting as if he were the victim.

And because it's quite funny :) .

Guest efctaxi

For me , it's nothing to do with being a red .

If he's guilty of assault , I hope they throw the book at him . Guys who go around intimidating people , or attacking people are scum , no matter who they are , and deserve all they get ... plus some .

If he's innocent , then I hope justice is done , and whoever was guilty instead gets the punishment , and Gerrard rightfully walks .

In either case , his position as a professional shouldn't come into it , nor should it sway any enquiry .

Regardless what happens , he should be sent off and publically flogged the next time he sees fit to mistake the penalty box with the public baths :)

For me , it's nothing to do with being a red .

If he's guilty of assault , I hope they throw the book at him . Guys who go around intimidating people , or attacking people are scum , no matter who they are , and deserve all they get ... plus some .

If he's innocent , then I hope justice is done , and whoever was guilty instead gets the punishment , and Gerrard rightfully walks .

In either case , his position as a professional shouldn't come into it , nor should it sway any enquiry .

Regardless what happens , he should be sent off and publically flogged the next time he sees fit to mistake the penalty box with the public baths :)

Brief argument.

The fella literally ran at Gerrard.

Gerrard smacked him once in self defence as any sane person would.

The guys a big lad so Gerrard's mate jumped to his defence and bottled him.

Minor injuries.

That's it.

Stevie's not intimidating anyone. It was self defence.

Brief argument.

Minor injuries.

That's it.

If you'd explained earlier that you were there we could have avoided most of this thread :rolleyes: .

Thanks for clarifying it all....are you going to be called to give evidence :huh: ?

Brief argument.

Minor injuries.

That's it.

The victum was"a big lad" :o .....have you not seen the size of captain fantastic? he may well go down like a snipers target when breathed on in the penalty area.....but he is probably much bigger than the poor old DJ.......Who didn't have his mates on hand to defend him from Gerrards gang!!

If he's innocent stevie will be fine......if he's guilty......he will be fine!!

Brief argument.

Minor injuries.

That's it.

whats your source on this info?