IGNORED

Liverpool - Away (cup)

Louis

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I don't know about you guys, but I think Moyes should rest some players for mid-week match against ARSEnal... The FA Cup is what is, of course, and no one likes to loose, especially in a derby, but the fact is, it's highly doubtful Everton can go all the way anyway, and with a somewhat smaller squad, to keep an effort on 2 fronts, with 2 important games on each, I'd rather risk loosing one than maybe loosing both due to excess games.

Everton really need to fill in the ranks, if you want to be competitive in 3 competitions next year, EPL, FA and CL ;)

Guest efctaxi

If we beat Liverpool , we will win the cup :)

I'm in hospital next weekend with an operation , so will be gutted if I miss the match :(

I expect a big red backlash , but my heart says we will win it .

Guest Cahill17_Moe

Rest for the Arsenal and Man United.

The cup isn't as significant as the EPL and I can see this being a 0-0 draw or 1-0 to the shite. The boys seem hell bent on penetrating top 4 than the cup and I can't blame them.

Funny it's only a Portuguese and (at a guess Moe) an Aussie suggesting we rest players for Sunday. They don't understand :) .

This is the cup....the original and genuine, copied all round the world but never matched.

Not a chance in hell anyone will be rested. Unthinkable.

Guest Cahill17_Moe

Seemed to have mis-worded. By rest I meant it in a mental way, not a take Arteta, Osman, Neville and Pienaar off for the whole game way. My mindset was basically that the English Premier League has been really awkward and un-predictable this season; and it is easier to focus energy into than the cup where Everton got a 1-0 win over Macclesfield.

The form of the blues should be enough to see the cup through, but the form from the macclesfield game is questionable and it has been seen that Everton are playing much better against quality sides in the EPL.

I basically wanted to say that the Manchester United and Arsenal games are really important if Everton want to break into 4th. Phil Neville has even said that's his goal to make it to the Champion's League above all else, and there is no denying that they are two very important games.

But I never did mean play Liverpool with a reserve team, if that's what you thought. ;)

Oh and I am Scottish; but have been in Australia for 13 years. Supported Everton way before Cahill but Cahill does make this country proud I'll say :D. He sure joined the right club.

Edited by Cahill17_Moe

If Monday nights match proved anything it was that rafa doesn't really know his best forward line, so what the hell will he do on Sunday!The fans don't know, the players don't know....rafa doesn't know.

His defence was shakey and Cahill will be looking forward to more of the same.

Meanwhile our defence have their growing reputation to build on, and will be on the look out for another Gerrard hit and hope.Everton are still depleated, luckypool are still able to pick from a multi-million pound squad, so they will still be big favorites.

Just like they were on Monday :rolleyes:

luckypool don't want a replay.......they don't want 6 thousand Evertonians out singing them....and they don't want anymore Arteta free kicks with Cahill in the box!

The pressure is on them....exploite it Mr Moyes, Mr Cahill and co!

i can't see this being a draw .. i don't think liverpool will want yet -another- game to play .. if it's still 0-0 after 80mins they will push everything foreward..

that's when Hibbert , caught horribly out of position , finds himself as everton's only man on liverpools half ... Jagielka passes it to him.. Frightened, Tony looks to pass it off..

he can't find anyone and decides to just cross the ball into the empty penalty area ... luckily his cross is once again way to low and it hits the first defender in the knee..

the ball is deflected into the goal!

We win.

Hibbert will get the goal awarded to him, but sadly the FA will take it away after review.

Howard, Hibbert, Jagielka, Lescott, Baines, Neville, Arteta, Osman, Pienaar, Anichebe, Cahill

Same as monday night only I'd sub on Gosling for 'chebe after 60 minutes as big vic's stamina still isn't great and gosling did well when he did play.

I want us to smash em, but i can see a 2-1 to them, simply because we had to fight tooth and nail to get our goal, because we have no prolific strikers on the pitch, which is a shame, because if the team could pull off the same quality performance only with a striker of Drogba/Torres/Tevez quality, we would be where villa are right about now :rolleyes:

that's when Hibbert , caught horribly out of position , finds himself as everton's only man on liverpools half ... Jagielka passes it to him.. Frightened, Tony looks to pass it off..

he can't find anyone and decides to just cross the ball into the empty penalty area ... luckily his cross is once again way to low and it hits the first defender in the knee..

the ball is deflected into the goal!

We win.

Hibbert will get the goal awarded to him, but sadly the FA will take it away after review.

If that happens it has "Hollywood Blockbuster" written all over it. Jamie can direct, EW produce :D and the rest of us can be extras (apart from Scottish Red, Xavier and Johnny who can play Liverpool defenders. Not very taxing roles as all they have to do is stand still :P ).

As far as the team goes I don't think anyone would argue with the Reg.

We do need to rest players but the Shyte need to do so more than us. It is already suggested that Torres and Gerrard will be rested along with Rena. They will play Hyppia, he is not a part of their Euro squad and I think Carra will play as well. If, as I suspect, the Onion decides that the FA cup is of less importance to him than his other competitions then we can win this and win it well. try this for a forecast Shyte 1 Everton 3, COYB

Edited by Jimmy the blue

Guest Cahill17_Moe
We do need to rest players but the Shyte need to do so more than us. It is already suggested that Torres and Gerrard will be rested along with Rena. They will play Hyppia, he is not a part of their Euro squad and I think Carra will play as well. If, as I suspect, the Onion decides that the FA cup is of less importance to him than his other competitions then we can win this and win it well. try this for a forecast Shyte 1 Everton 3, COYB

Interesting.

i hope the fat controller does rest his good players (torres and gerrard) coz then we may have a better chance.

i do think gosling should have a part in this even if its only for 15 minutes. everytime he has come on he works hard and pushes forward, this will trouble thier defenders who are already tired due to cahill and anichebe pestering them (heres hoping anyway) and well gosling will pester them even more

Quite a few people are thinking about Gosling playing a part on Sunday!Just think,if he came on and got a winning goal!........Hero or what!

I hope the Everton camp don't start talking about an easy game!......That will be our downfall.

We need to approach Sunday as we did monday.........playing the mega expensive reds, who even if they rest a player or two, should have enough to beat a severly stretched small squad, at home!

Every player will have to give 100%.....then it will be game on.

luckypool know that an injury to Gerrard or torres or even the goalkeeper would be a disaster.Funny how many reds were disturbed by the power and strength of Anichebe....and how he pushed their defence around.......so go easy Victor on Sunday, and don't hurt anyone.

I am feeling positive about this game. Not to sure i should be. Hopefully we will go with the same team that played on monday and IF they do rest a few players we may well get a win or at the very least a draw. If Reina, Gerrard and Torres dont play, They still have Internationals to come in like Babel and Mascherano. Mind you their sub keeper is sh*t. Fingers crossed, that somebody makes themselves a hero. We need everybody at 100%, Vic needs a good game.

I cant see Rafa risking it and playing a really poor side. I was made up they played Gerrard in the center of midfield on monday cos i reckon when they play Mascharano in the centre and Gerrard just behind Torres they look a far better side. If they play thay formation it will be a tougher game. There is 3 prem games next week so there is every chance they might rest their big guns and if they do i reckon 0-2 B)

Lets face it, they have good players that can come in so its not like the team they put out will be weak - we are talking about players such as Mascherano, Babel and Benayoun coming in possibly. Two, if not all three, of those players would be in a starting 11 for us even with all available.

That is one of the Shytes major problems, they can have all the great players in the world but if they don't play together frequently, like our little band do, then they play like strangers. It is incredible that the Onion hasn't realised this yet but then again having seen some decisions he's reached it shouldn't surprise me that much :lol::lol::lol::lol: By the way if you check most Shyte sites they'd rather have a one legged rabid dog in the team than Benayoun

Lets face it, they have good players that can come in so its not like the team they put out will be weak - we are talking about players such as Mascherano, Babel and Benayoun coming in possibly. Two, if not all three, of those players would be in a starting 11 for us even with all available.

As long as Skirtl plays as badly as he did last week we'll be alright.

Lawrenson's prediction...

When the draw came out and I looked at the fixtures, I thought this would end up as a replay.

Everton are short of numbers and their tactics are dictated to them week in and week out. They have got few recognised forwards at the moment.

I also believe Liverpool will play a shadow team. So these two will definitely meet each other again in the Cup after Sunday.

Verdict: 1-1

....that's put the kiss of death on us :( .