IGNORED

Liverpool - Away (cup)

Louis

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great first half performance from us there. Our defence is really doing well at keeping the likes of Torres at bay. Gerrard not having a good game either, I don't want to say anything to early but from Liverpool's abysmal first half performance we could just get something special from this cup tie. Jagielka's a rock again at the back and Lescott seems to be communicating well with Nev and Baines. Hibbert out on the right putting in some good tackles and making sure that Howards protected (not had to make a decent save yet I dont think)

The commentators are tossers again, but thats what you get when you watch a Merseyside derby on Setanta. Were managing to cope well without Arteta and Cahill's doing a fine job getting in the thick of it. I'm unsure if his header would have gone in on its own but it was a fine bit of footwork to get around the defenders for the head. Nice to see Joleon putting the finishing touch onto it.

More from the same and were in the hat for the next round. It's gonna' be a long 45 minutes.

COYB.

It certainly does Mike. It's so so nerve-racking (sp) when it's like this. The thought of losing that bloody lead. I'm sure if we keep things going how they were in the first half then we will be OK. After all, were in the driving seat, its 1-0 to us and not them. They have to put two past us to end it today. Just hope to God that we don't make any silly mistakes. Hibbert's really growing on me, always thought that we should have sold him by now but today's he being a rock.

Casti needs to up the tempo, but I have no fear that he'll do a good job the next 45 minutes.

Once again - COYB!

I signed out of hospital early so as not to miss this match .

We better win now :D

Come on guys !

Haha, nice work mate. I hope you remembered to take all the wires & tubes out when you left in a hurry. I think I'll be in hospital by the 90th minute. Can't control it. Just hope we can do it. COYB

Edited by dark

Howard could have picked a better time to make his mistake, but he managed to pull of a brilliant one a minute later to stop Gerrard getting a second. We still managed to control the game, even after the first goal it went a little a shambles. The substitution of Dan Gosling really got the tempo going again but after all we managed to get a replay at Goodison. More confident that we can get through this leg now. It's been some hard fixtures this month and we've been doing well with them so far. With the success at Anfield and the crowd at Goodsion we could just see ourselves in the 5th Round pool.

I'm disappointed with the performance tbh. On Monday we made it a game, today we weren't even in it even though we took the lead. Obviously defensively the performance was immense, but that's all we set out to do today and it's disappointed me no end. I felt we could have taken them today but the mentality of our side prevented that. That's all I can be arsed saying about that game because I feel let down.

Guest efctaxi

Another poor performance to be honest .

Defence once again solid , but we played for the draw today , and hoofed everything . Another chance missed against another poor Liverpool .

We can't go on like this . Imperative we get a few more players in . Howard should have saved Gerrards shot , but that's Gerrard all over .

If you had told me no Arteta, no Fellaini, and no striker besides Anichebe I would've taken a draw today.

I'd have taken a draw with Arteta, Fellaini and a striker :) .

Hopefully Mikel will be back for the replay, Felli will get among them, Liverpool's fixture list getting clogged :) .

Bring it on!

Forget about Howard's error he did so well on Monday and other times in todays match. WQe had such a depleted side that even I didn't expect to get away with it today but we did. The result says two things, our team spirit is immense probably the best in the league as far as they are concerned that team playing to the same old tactics will not win the league.

Well done blues but our injury list is piling up, signatures please before the deadline! Incidentally I don't Castillo will be a Prem player as long as he's got a hole in his arse B)

Forget about Howard's error he did so well on Monday and other times in todays match. WQe had such a depleted side that even I didn't expect to get away with it today but we did. The result says two things, our team spirit is immense probably the best in the league as far as they are concerned that team playing to the same old tactics will not win the league.

Well done blues but our injury list is piling up, signatures please before the deadline! Incidentally I don't Castillo will be a Prem player as long as he's got a hole in his arse B)

Howard could have indeed done more to stop the shot, but, in all fairness, that pass from Torres deserved a goal...

Anyways, rematch in Goodison, liverfool getting swamped with games, form is gonna go down. ;)

And yeah, I totally see a win in the rematch, with certainly more solutions to put into the pitch, and they're gonna be strugling for them. Twice, they played Everton at home, twice with close to their best starting 11 on the pitch, and twice they failed to win... That's gotta be though on the moral bit, and since they got Chelsea in a couple of weeks, who are also struggling, and united keep strolling along, tensions are gonna be high.

OK not a great performance!....But did you see the options on the bench, stretched squad or what.

Defence was brilliant, and surely Baines is getting better with games, so that can only be good.We were under the cosh, but we showed tremendous grit.

Jagielka was my man of the match, with the entire defence sencond and Pienaar third.

Gosling didn't seemed worried when he came on, and Moyes trusted Rodwell in there also, good signs for the future.

Well played the blues. We were rock solid in defence again today and im pleased we got a draw with the squad down 2 the bitter bones. Good thing is we will ave fellaini and arteta back in for the replay an i can see us wining that. Seen fellaini today in town with his girl few hours before the game his hair is great should have got a pic with him.

Agree with the comment about Gosling above - this lad is going to be a really decent player for us. Doesn't seem to get fazed at all, looks to make a decent pass, has got forward in other games. I am confident that he is going to save us a fortune and make himself a regular in a season or so.

As for today, delighted that we got out of there with a draw, we really let them come on to us. Another great defensive performance, bring back the Big Fella..

i'm not gonna bother to read what others have said because i'm in a hurry but i may get slated....WORST PERFORMANCE EVER.

incredibly negative and poor all over the pitch with exception to jags and lescott and that's it

castillo looked like the worst player i've ever seen

howards mistake was terrible

i'm annoyed more at the fact that we played like that than with the resul. 1-1 isn't bad but i thought that was terrible, pathetic!

rafa was right - only one team tried to win

Edited by CraccerC

i'm not gonna bother to read what others have said because i'm in a hurry but i may get slated....WORST PERFORMANCE EVER.

incredibly negative and poor all over the pitch with exception to jags and lescott and that's it

castillo looked like the worst player i've ever seen

howards mistake was terrible

i'm annoyed more at the fact that we played like that than with the resul. 1-1 isn't bad but i thought that was terrible, pathetic!

rafa was right - only one team tried to win

I couldn't agree more mate.

Yakubu, Arteta, Felliani, Saha, Vaughan.

A club that has limits in terms of its depth.

Playing against a side top until we prevented that, with players as massively talented as Torres, Gerrard as well as the likes of Alonso, Mascherano and subs such as Riera.

Was it negative? Yes.

Was it a good achievement to get two draws there in a week. Yes, very much so.

I for one am proud of what team spirit achieves.

for what its worth i thought we were unlucky today

completely controlled the game, mascherano, alonso and gerrard were completely dominant and at times, especially 2nd half, it was men against boys in the middle of the park. we were stronger, faster and more determined and our pressing was spot on, forcing so many errors from everton.

at the back we were excellent, the one corner aside, and Skertl in particular was immense.

whilst evertons defence was good, and our attacks pretty sterile, we still carved out enough good chances to put at least 2 away.

if everton play that poorly at goodison i think we will beat them quite easily. our best form all season has been away from home and our record at goodison is fantastic.

Fellani coming back will give them more grit in the middle but Torres will be that bit more fitter and sharper.