IGNORED

Liverpool - Away (cup)

Louis

Can't argue with statistics today. Liverpool did control possession massively (75%/25%).

At the end of the day, you can weave pretty triangles all you want because if you can't score you don't deserve to win. Against our understrength side, you'd be expected to put us to bed.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't agree more mate.

well that makes two idiots then. We had no real strikers, no central midfielders, (as the only one we did have was playing up front) we were playing away from home against a team who haven't lost at home all season and are joint top of the league with their full first choice team out and one of the best midfields in the world, we were missing our two most influential players - Arteta and Fellaini - we were winning for much of the match and only lost through a howler and then you have the nerve to criticise the performance? pathetic. When I saw the two team sheets I thought 'we're screwed' and yet, ONCE AGAIN, the sheer will and effort of the players somehow got us a result and limited Liverpool to two half chances and if it wasn't for Howards unfortunate mistake then we'd be in the next round. How any sane minded Evertonian could actually be disappointed that Liverpool dominated against the team we had to put out I'll never know. Neville, Castillo and Osman in central midfield against Gerrard, Mascherano and Alonso = no contest. It will be a different story at Goodison when we have Arteta and Fellaini back. I was immensely proud of our team today, we hardly passed the ball, we hardly crossed the halfway line but we got a result and never looked like losing. No doubt everyone will rave about Jags again (admittedly excellent and better than he was in the league match when he started off shaky getting skinned a couple of times and should have gave away a penalty) but for me Lescott was immense, won every header, tackled everything that moved, one of the oustanding defensive performances I've seen in recent times. Those Evertonians disappointed with a draw with the team we had out today need to take a look at themselves and get in the real world.

Edited by carlmc25

Can't argue with statistics today. Liverpool did control possession massively (75%/25%).

At the end of the day, you can weave pretty triangles all you want because if you can't score you don't deserve to win. Against our understrength side, you'd be expected to put us to bed.

exactly.

Worst performance ever...No.......Good performance....No!

Men against boys someone said, yes there were a few teenages out there for Everton.

And I would like to think that they would not throw themselves about in an embarassing manner such as the Argentinan masherano did, holding up his hand for the ref to card Cahill and get him sent off!

One of those teenages Anichebe battled alone with hardly any support from midfield....and still he gets stick!!!!!He only had four defenders marking him :o

Pienaars heel did get clipped in the penalty area.....but as the comentator remarked, it was in front of the kop, so :lol:

Everton without any forwards other than a teenager....and no Fellaini and Arteta.That would be like luckypool with out Gerrard, alonso and all their forwards except a reserve teenager.With our team spirit there would only be one winner.

Well played Everton and David Moyes.

After the league game in which we played well and created a few chances the Cup game was disappointing. We created 1 chance (and thankfully scored). Yes, the defence was great but we were next to useless in midfield and attack. Not once did we even give ourselves half a chance in the second half. Not 1 shot, not even a corner.

The way they were playing (or the way we were letting them play) I expected them to score. Still, happy with a draw but we need to improve on that toothless display and the reward, AT Home in the next round against....DONCASTER :D (OK, maybe Villa)

we did what we had to do today its up to the fancy dan team across the park to break us down at their ground and win the game as for that spoilt ignorant fat spanish t--the full of shit i have never known a manager so disrespectfulll to other teams i hope he gets hat he deserves ath the end of the season the boot the money hes spent is unbeleiveable and hes still no closer to the pl title gerrard was superb today take him from thst team and you would be ordinary at best the blues done good today and will be better at gp with hopefully arteta back fewlly and maybe a nes striker in place as the window will be shut as for our own fans slating us i think you need to sit back and take a look with so many injuries we did well and have done for a few months now we have to be realistic we havent spent a fortune but we have a good side with great spirit and commitment

as for the fat spanish waiter you need a white jacket tied behind you deffo cracking up what a d-ck

We where poor going forward but that was our game plan set up shop and ride the storm no harm in that considering our circumstances at present with injuries and key players missing we put in a good solid defensive performance and as people have already said if not for Howards blunder we would have won the game.

To come away with two points in two back to back games at Analfield in a matter of days given our patchwork team is a great result.

It seems that the user comments on TEAMTalk are shooting Rafa down, what a poor excuse he made.

toffeemen95 (Everton fan)

"Why is being defensive a bad thing, its a tactic. its down to your team to brake us down. We (everton) can only play with the player with have. which we have at mo and its is a defensive styli of play with Phil, Costilio in the mid and a attacking minded mid-fielder up front. remember Rafa we've not got the 100's millions to spend, so until you've been in the same position as Moyes i wouldn't be so critical of his tactics he plays. "

_irons4life_ (West Ham United fan)

"Maybe if Benitez spent more time getting the team winning then complianing then maybe they would still be top..."

The only thing we had going for us yesterday was a full strength defence and they performed heroically. With the team we had out we were never going to be able to compete with Liverpool posession wise, we were never going to be able to pass and move and if we had've tried they would have ripped us apart. Neville, as game and hard working as he is, is not a talented playmaker, Castillo is just average, only Osman (disappointing on the ball last night) and Pienaar (excellent again) have any guile or craft and they were up against a Liverpool machine in midfield. The Liverpool central midfield 3 are worth about £100m, our midfield 3 were worth about £8m, that's what we were up against. They had one of the best strikers in the world up front, we had a midfielder. Liverpool were fired up, the fans were fired up, they would have had a real boost when they saw our best player was injured and that they'd named a full strength team (rather than the misjudged 442 in the league) and yet, even with 75% posession all they created was 2 or 3 half chances. The only gameplan we could have possibly had was to run ourselves into the ground and try and score a goal somehow, most likely from a set piece and try and hang on. We achieved it and frustrated Liverpool no end, proving their limitations once again. As soon as a team sits and defends against them they have no answer. We could have played Doncaster yesterday and we would have struggled to outpass them, to create goals, we were playing Liverpool and I don't think anyone should ever complain when a team runs itself into the ground for it's manager and it's fans. Just a pity the excellent Howard had to make a mistake but I won't be holding it against him as he's been one of the top keepers in the league this season. The replay at Goodison will be a stormer after Benitez's ridiculous bitter comments yesterday and with Fellaini and Arteta back.

Yes we was poor going forward and yes we was playing very defensive but if you have got 2 defensive midfielders in the middle of the park and not 1 striker what do u expect??????? With no arteta and no felllaini we have no creative players except for little pienaar who worked his socks off but had no yak or saha or anyone like that to pass 2. So the result in my opinion is a fantastic 1 with a fully fit liverpool team at there ground u wouldnt even expect a draw with r team fully fit. Imagin liverpool without torres gerrad and alonso and us with a fully fit squad do u think the result would have been the same?? I dont think so i think we would have won it! So for all u moaning o we played crap! WORST PERFORMANCE EVA shouts can go suck back on mummys titys! Call yourself supporters ?? Jog on. Realy piss me off the so called supporters who cant see a good team performance with the team we put out just coz we wernt havin 20+ opportunities on goal ridiculous!

Yes we was poor going forward and yes we was playing very defensive but if you have got 2 defensive midfielders in the middle of the park and not 1 striker what do u expect??????? With no arteta and no felllaini we have no creative players except for little pienaar who worked his socks off but had no yak or saha or anyone like that to pass 2. So the result in my opinion is a fantastic 1 with a fully fit liverpool team at there ground u wouldnt even expect a draw with r team fully fit. Imagin liverpool without torres gerrad and alonso and us with a fully fit squad do u think the result would have been the same?? I dont think so i think we would have won it! So for all u moaning o we played crap! WORST PERFORMANCE EVA shouts can go suck back on mummys titys! Call yourself supporters ?? Jog on. Realy piss me off the so called supporters who cant see a good team performance with the team we put out just coz we wernt havin 20+ opportunities on goal ridiculous!

Was that directed at my post as the first line is basically what i wrote if so you need to open your eyes dont skip through posts and use your loaf if not forgive the rant :lol:

To attack you need attackers, to create you need creativity and to defend you need defenders, we only had one of the three requirements and still came away with a draw. Castillo will never make a prem players as long as he has a hole in his arse, it was abundantly clear why he hasn't been picked before and hopefully we will not need him that much on the run in.

Leave our team alone, they did what they had to and did it well. Benitez needs to address the fact that his side scored one fortunate goal and his shoddy defence was never really tested in the second half.

Comments to the effect that it was our worst ever derby performance are laughable, I've seen far worse than that and such comments are an insult to our defenders who played the parts of heroes in blue all night.

To attack you need attackers, to create you need creativity and to defend you need defenders, we only had one of the three requirements and still came away with a draw. Castillo will never make a prem players as long as he has a hole in his arse, it was abundantly clear why he hasn't been picked before and hopefully we will not need him that much on the run in.

Leave our team alone, they did what they had to and did it well. Benitez needs to address the fact that his side scored one fortunate goal and his shoddy defence was never really tested in the second half.

Comments to the effect that it was our worst ever derby performance are laughable, I've seen far worse than that and such comments are an insult to our defenders who played the parts of heroes in blue all night.

Spot on, Jim. Email from a mate who supports that lot:

Liverpool had on the field: 2 Dutch International; 5 players from the winning Spanish Team; The Argentina Captain; the Italian first choice left back (don't ask me how) and 1 England international, who is arguably one of best players in the world (what a game he had again) and they could not beat at home a side bogged by injuries, with a bunch of kids coming on as subs, and no strikers that only cost about 25 million to assemble. AND BENITEZ SAYS WE PLAYED WELL??????

Spot on, Jim. Email from a mate who supports that lot:

Liverpool had on the field: 2 Dutch International; 5 players from the winning Spanish Team; The Argentina Captain; the Italian first choice left back (don't ask me how) and 1 England international, who is arguably one of best players in the world (what a game he had again) and they could not beat at home a side bogged by injuries, with a bunch of kids coming on as subs, and no strikers that only cost about 25 million to assemble. AND BENITEZ SAYS WE PLAYED WELL??????

Thanks CT, some stop looking at the real picture. Its nice to be posting again but I've got to take it easy

, even with 75% posession all they created was 2 or 3 half chances.

in the first half maybe...

over the 90 minutes we created 4 or 5 clear cut chances, should have been enough to win the game but Kuyt, Torres and Gerrard all fluffed their lines at the last second.

gerrard missing an unmarked header, 8 yards out, dead center of goal summed it up for me really.

Was that directed at my post as the first line is basically what i wrote if so you need to open your eyes dont skip through posts and use your loaf if not forgive the rant :lol:

Haha no wernt directed at you mate was directed at the others sayin WORST PERFORMANCE EVA and the ppl agreeing with it. An i havent skipt through posts ive read everyone :)