IGNORED

Liverpool (replay)

Romey 1878

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hibbert - Drifted too centrally a few times but generally a solid performance from Mr. Hibbert. That run down the centre of the park had me in stitches as well :lol: .

When was that? Missed it (must've been hyperventilating at the time). Tell me when it happened and I'll have a look.

When was that? Missed it (must've been hyperventilating at the time). Tell me when it happened and I'll have a look.

He cut inside and bombed it down the centre of the field, only to be brought down.

Not sure when it was, but I remember everyone around me laughing.

Edited by Romey 1878

A steward at Everton required first aid treatment last night after being hit in the face by an object thrown from the Liverpool fans' section at Goodison Park last night.

Reports in today's Liverpool Echo surprisingly made light of the objects thrown by the Kopites at Everton fans, players, and staff as the reds crashed out of the FA Cup against a team without a single recognised striker on the pitch.

The Echo claims Liverpool fans were throwing rolled up socks, apparently a jibe at residents of Kirkby, although real scousers will know that the original "joke" is that people from Dovecot are nicknamed "sock robbers" - but we can't expect our coin-throwing neighbours to know anything about scouse humour, can we?

Trinity Mirror's finest Merseyside publication also makes no mention of the bottles filled with urine that were thrown at Tim Cahill, although if they had, perhaps they would have said it was an ironic piece of satire based around the fact that there were never any toilets in the Kop, and that when visiting Goodison the travelling hordes hadn't noticed the signs for the conveniences - presumably as they were too busy jumping over turnstiles to pay attention.

Classy.

http://www.nsno.co.uk/news.php?item.4234.1

that hibbert run did happen, however i'd been drinking many a pint of erdinger so i cant remember WHEN it happened, 2nd half of normal or extra time, because he was running towards my end.

in the reserves the ref let the reds kick off when we went 3-2 up when most everton players were still in the liverpool half. so ANDY "Deserves a New Contract" VDM did very well booting it away.

just watched it again and that TO :gay: :gay: ES is a big girls blouse. The amount of falling over he did was embarrassing. Just couldnt handle Jags (and Neville).

Thought Rodwell looked solid and comfortable on the ball, looks a better prospect than Gosling who had a few ordinary touches to begin with but got better the longer he was on.

Fellaini was quite awful in that game. Everyone else did well though especially the back four. Oh and Arteta had a great game, another who got into the game the more it went on, enjoyed watching it a second time, its amazing what you miss when youre as nervous as hell.

Edited by Maghull70

"What are you lot going to do now?" he jibed. "All those Liverpool fans, especially in the local press. The way you build that side up. I bet you're all stunned tonight. We completely controlled the game, although neither side played especially well. After the sending off we had as much control as Liverpool did in the first game at Anfield, but we struggled to find a way through, just like they did.

Saw that on NSNO, great to see Moyes standing up to the media again :P

Doubt that anything will happen over the steward though and its not good enough from ITV, they should have known the adverts were coming. Did anyone miss the goal (it came on just as we had the ball on the halfway line on my TV)

Did anyone miss the goal (it came on just as we had the ball on the halfway line on my TV).

Yeah....think two different versions happened. To the North of the country you only missed a bit but down south it was out for a full thirty seconds and came back to the pile of players. To be honest I didn't care a f'ck at the time but it pisses me off that I can't watch it back "as live" now.

Unlucky. I'm up North so I saw all of the goal, build-up and all. The advert was only on for about 3 seconds, I heard somewhere that it was the stations in Leeds & London cocking up due to it over-running. The Welsh didn't get the goal either because the London station has a large impact on what the Welsh see unless you live in the North you would have been celebrating thiry seconds after us :P

I need to fix my wall somehow though, as soon as Gosling scored I went totally mental and punched out at the nearest thing to me - the wall. Damaged my fingers a fair bit :rolleyes:

Unlucky. I'm up North so I saw all of the goal, build-up and all. The advert was only on for about 3 seconds, I heard somewhere that it was the stations in Leeds & London cocking up due to it over-running. The Welsh didn't get the goal either because the London station has a large impact on what the Welsh see unless you live in the North you would have been celebrating thiry seconds after us :P

I need to fix my wall somehow though, as soon as Gosling scored I went totally mental and punched out at the nearest thing to me - the wall. Damaged my fingers a fair bit :rolleyes:

I was in the top balcony, so I saw all of the goal, build up and all :D .

Fantastic atmosphere, best game I've ever been to.

Phil Neville...

Everything we did tactically over the last three games against Liverpool was spot on, despite what some people might say, I thought the comments after we played at Anfield in the Cup were a smokescreen."

Maybe they were trying to provoke a reaction out of us, trying to play mind games. But they never had any chance of sucking us into that trap."

We half treated Wednesday as if it was an away game, played with control and were comfortable. This is a different Everton one that plays the game, not the occasion."

The managers belief beforehand changes everyones outlook and we got exactly what we deserved."

What pleased me most in training the day after was that the main focus was on recovering from the game and on beating Bolton."

"We know we have bigger challenges ahead than the one against Liverpool.

Phil Neville...

“Everything we did tactically over the last three games against Liverpool was spot on, despite what some people might say, I thought the comments after we played at Anfield in the Cup were a smokescreen."

“Maybe they were trying to provoke a reaction out of us, trying to play mind games. But they never had any chance of sucking us into that trap."

“We half treated Wednesday as if it was an away game, played with control and were comfortable. This is a different Everton – one that plays the game, not the occasion."

“The manager’s belief beforehand changes everyone’s outlook and we got exactly what we deserved."

“What pleased me most in training the day after was that the main focus was on recovering from the game and on beating Bolton."

"We know we have bigger challenges ahead than the one against Liverpool.”

He really is the perfect captain on and off the pitch.

Benitez:

So it's definatly not Benitez fault gerrard didn't get the rest he needed, He's just the coach..

It was "people" who did it! :angry:

:lol:

Furthermore on that classless tit Benitez, I see Robbie Keane has said "I've got more pride and dignity. I'll let people say what they want. I don't have to prove myself to anyone."

Suggesting (like Moyes recently) that Benitez has no dignity.

Also had a dig by saying "The good thing is I'm at a fantastic club with a fantastic manager who respects his players - if you are doing well he tells you. That's something I'm looking forward to." Perhaps it requires you to read between the lines but seems clear enough to me what hes saying (without actually saying it). I like him just a little bit more now :)