IGNORED

Liverpool (replay)

Romey 1878

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought Felli was poor last night.

However...the rest of the team fuc*king brilliant!

Moyes' substitutions were very brave and positive and came off. I wanted him to keep the more experienced players on as it look like penalties were a possibility. Shows how much I know...!

Has anyone noticed that once Gerrard is off the pitch Arteta looks a much better player. He was so much efective last night than the previous leg. He was beating player, looking for the ball, play a nice array of passing etc..

I've run out of superlatives for Jags. Outstanding. Best centre half in the country right now - no argument for me.

Cahill was awesome. He is no longer a attacking midfielder but a out and out striker. Creative, hard working, aggressive, amazing in the air - gives centre halves twice his size such a hard time.

Hibbert - I give this lad a lot of stick was great last night. Defended well, got forward. Never gave an inch.

I'm so proud of our boys!

COYB!!!!

Thought Felli was poor last night.

However...the rest of the team fuc*king brilliant!

Moyes' substitutions were very brave and positive and came off. I wanted him to keep the more experienced players on as it look like penalties were a possibility. Shows how much I know...!

Has anyone noticed that once Gerrard is off the pitch Arteta looks a much better player. He was so much efective last night than the previous leg. He was beating player, looking for the ball, play a nice array of passing etc..

I've run out of superlatives for Jags. Outstanding. Best centre half in the country right now - no argument for me.

Cahill was awesome. He is no longer a attacking midfielder but a out and out striker. Creative, hard working, aggressive, amazing in the air - gives centre halves twice his size such a hard time.

Hibbert - I give this lad a lot of stick was great last night. Defended well, got forward. Never gave an inch.

I'm so proud of our boys!

COYB!!!!

Both very good calls mate. I woke up with a huge grin on my face and the wife reckons it was there all night :lol::lol::D

Edited by Jimmy the blue

Problem is that I'm going to have to jump out of my seat every time I see the Volkswagon Golf advert now :lol: .

Unbelievable timing....ITV's sporting broadcast ineptitude hits new depths!

Still no-one with any info on what happened with Reina after the goal :huh: ? Steward was certainly involved, DM looks like he saw what was going on....while the players were in a pile he was looking concerned about something. Ossie was talking with the ref, assistant, steward and Kuyt :huh: . Even in the pic (below) Ossie's attention seems to be on something.

Can't have been anything too drastic or it'd be all over the papers but be interesting to know what it was all about.

I didn't hear that one. The interview I have seen, he is only crying about the sending off changing the game. I think he knows he has no complaints. He can't complain about the games they have had, as we have had a tougher run, and with a small squad and huge injury list. If he complains about that, he admits their training regime is crap and the players unfit. He can't complain about refereeing decisions, as on balance, the ref was more leniant with them, although I agree Lucas's first yellow was very harsh, but he was lucky on a couple of other occasions, so it all evens out. Can't complain about us defending, as even when they had 11, we showed intent to attack and posed a threat. For all their posession before the sending off, they didn't carve out anything of note, even with all that talent. Can't complain about us trying not to lose, as the second Gerrard went off, that's what they looked like.

No red in the land could argue with the result. In the first leg, they rescued the game and last night, only one team looked like they wanted to win.

Another point, it has been said here many times over the last couple of years, but despite Liverpools array of big money players, without Gerrard, they are hollow and fragile. I am not saying they are a one man team, but very close to it.

Last point, IS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverp...64375-22859218/

Benitez:

“When I took him (Gerrard) off last week, people were saying he should be playing all the time, every minute,” said the Liverpool manager.

“Well now you see the consequences of that."

So it's definatly not Benitez fault gerrard didn't get the rest he needed, He's just the coach..

It was "people" who did it! :angry:

:lol:

I have a very bad hangover, headache, very little voice and I couldn't make it to Uni today (shame :P). But, fuck me, it's worth it. The game was a bit shit quality wise but beating the shite is amazing no matter what the game was actually like. Hopefully this can really push our season on now.

'Who put the ball inthe red shites net? Who put the ball in the red shites net? SUPER DANNY Gosling!'

Howard - Did we even need a GK last night :P

Hibbert - Drifted too centrally a few times but generally a solid performance from Mr. Hibbert. That run down the centre of the park had me in stitches as well :lol: .

Jagielka - My MOTM. He actually gets better with each passing game, he is just immense. If he doesn't get a call up and a start then Capello is a joke.

Lescott - His partnership with Jags is looking absolutely formiddable. When there's something Jags misses J-Lo is there to mop it up, and vice versa. They are completely in tune with each other at the moment.

Baines - Quality again. There's never been any doubt in his attacking ability but quite rightly people have questioned him defensively. Right now he's putting those doubts to bed and is looking good defensively despite his short stature.

Osman - I know people have said he had a good game last night but I did not see that at all. I thought he was poor once again. Gave the ball away countless times, got knocked off the ball too often and played our other players into trouble too.

Neville - His passing has improved greatly recently, probably because he's not trying the Hollywood ball every two seconds. People question his ability but I don't think there should be any doubting that he's a great captain for us. His commitment last night was special and he put himself about and led by example. Well done Pip.

Fellaini - A yard off the pace and struggled to get himself into any sort of decent position. Disapppointing.

Arteta - Yes, for the most part he controlled the game and made us tick. But I was disappointed that it only happened once they'd lost their best player and gone down to 10 men. That shows me why he will never be a starting international.

Pienaar - I'm not sure what to make of his performance tbh :huh: . He was looking for the ball and his work rate was amazing, as usual, but I can't really remember him being a threat for us. Maybe that's because of the alcoholic fuzz I find myself in today, I'm not sure.

Cahill - Had nothing to feed off so wasn't much of a threat goalscoring wise but his commitment and work rate were top notch.

Gosling - The goose has fucking landed :D . He tried a few things that didn't come off and I was thinking he looked a bit out of his depth tbh. But when the ball came to him on the edge of the box he didn't panic like others older than him would have done and he took the goal brilliantly.

Rodwell - Impressed me no end. He's so good on the ball and he's just a joy to watch, he has a certain elegance. He's a young lad and he was playing against a top side and it didn't faze him one bit. He played the game at his own pace and he didn't look out of place at all. Wow, just wow.

VDM - Looked rusty as hell but he got an assist and that's what matters :D .