IGNORED

Bolton

adamsmith69

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fantastic game today, and although the lads tired we still worked hard. Give them a day off tomorrow and back to the training ground for the villa game!

Jo and Cahill looked a fantastic partnership! they were causing all kinds of trouble.

Just one thing, someone wrote on here the other day that everton love to play football when we aint playing the top 4, and we did just that today! fantastic passing, moving and crossing.

MOTM? the whole team yet again!

And ladies and gentlemen, that is a début.

Thats so well said. Like i said in shoutbox, i believe Jo will be a hit in our team. Too bad i think we aint having money to buy him at summer :( . We gave bolton a bit space last 20 minutes and it were looking that game looked scary, but happily bolton couldnt do goal. We could smashed easily 3-4 goals more, but its good those goals were left in the bag for coming games :) VGJ whole TEAM

btw, even ill think Jos penalty were absolutely brilliant, i would liked to see VDM or J-Rod to put it in :)

Edited by LexKing

i thought he played well never shyed away from the ballgreat finish nd well taken pen will give him good confidence to carry on the team first half were nothing short of suberb tired a little second half but was to be a little expected davey was canny with his subs to as always jo must be buzzing more league goals for us than citty in his first game keep it up he could even end up top scorer :rolleyes:

and the best thing is, out of those 13 games we only have chelsea that we wouldnt expect to beat! we have some very winable games now which could push us up the table! this was a must win game if we are gunna push on now and challange the top 4 and we have done so!

On another note...VDM has been on the pitch for about 15mins this season...and we have scored 3 goals in that time!

Guest efctaxi
Thats so well said. Like i said in shoutbox, i believe Jo will be a hit in our team. Too bad i think we aint having money to buy him at summer :( . We gave bolton a bit space last 20 minutes and it were looking that game looked scary, but happily bolton couldnt do goal. We could smashed easily 3-4 goals more, but its good those goals were left in the bag for coming games :) VGJ whole TEAM

btw, even ill think Jos penalty were absolutely brilliant, i would liked to see VDM or J-Rod to put it in :)

City had a contract apparantly based on performance etc .

Should that be the case , then I forsee Everton being able to negotiate the same contract , with a part payment up front .

Having said that , 1 game does not make an Everton player . Hopefully he can stay uninjured and prove himself .

How much stronger do we look in attack with Jo in the team?

He was a bit sloppy at times but I put that down to match fitness/lack of games, so hopefully next game he'll be stronger plus we'll be getting Saha/Pienaar/Fellaini back soon which gives us loads of options and with gosling rodwell yobo and shandy andy now making good appearences we have a good chance to push up behind arsenal.

Played bolton off the field today and a really good result, the clean sheet being just as satisfying as the 3 goals.

What a début from Jo and promising for the future.

That first half was fucking magnificant. Bolton may as well have not been on the pitch tbh, we just passed it round them as if they weren't there anyway. We faded in the second half but we still managed to score another 2 goals and tiredness was always going to creep in after the effort put in against the shite midweek. Jô was absolute quality today, I take my hat off to him. He did a lot of things I just didn't expect from him, hopefully he'll keep it up and fire us back into Europe for next season.

Howard - Had nothing to do tbh.

Hibbert - I felt that was his best game since he's come back into the side. I can't remember him being caught out of position and he provided support further up the field.

Jagielka - Not his most solid game but even slightly below par he puts in a good shift.

Lescott - The better of our CB's today. Solid and even made a few runs forward (before he moved to LB) to start off our attacks.

Baines - He just keeps looking better and better for us. Quality going forward and tracked back extremely well.

Gosling - I thought he was pretty bad today. He ran himself into trouble far too many times, giving the ball back to the opposition. Just wasn't on it.

Neville - Did a brilliant job of shielding the back four. Not that he had to do it a lot but when he was called upon he was up to the challenge.

Arteta - Ran the show from start to finish. Took the ball off the defence at every opportunity and spread balls left and right. Even went on a few forward runs with the ball. I just wish he'd shoot more often.

Osman - I don't know what's wrong with him but he was shite again. Gave the ball away countless times. Not only that, but he plays his team mates into trouble too.

Cahill - He was fairly anonymous today IMO.

Jô - My MOTM. He was everywhere for us today and did everything you could hope for for a lad on his début. An assist and 2 goals is a pretty good start. He held the ball up for us superbly, giving time for our midfield to catch up to some of our punts upfield. Amazing link up play. And he ran all over the pitch, which was something totally unexpected for me. I thought he'd be lazy like the Yak, how wrong was I? If this is how he's going to play for us while he's here then I'll happily admit to being wrong about him. Though, if he keeps these performances up then there's no chance he'll still be with us next season.

Having said that , 1 game does not make an Everton player . Hopefully he can stay uninjured and prove himself .

Yeah i know that, but i do think this guy would be good signing. I did rightaway, when i saw hes coming for loan, wish we could get him. Aint talkin just cause of perfect début. I think he is good and we will see how good he is when he gets better match condition