Bolton

adamsmith69

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul Merson...

"I thought they were a different class,"

"That's as good a performance as I've seen in a first half from any Premier League club this season, they were that good."

"It was important to start the game well because of what happened in the week and to keep the feelgood factor up, but I thought they were outstanding."

"Jô was outstanding and Mark Hughes will be pulling his hair out because he looked like a top-drawer player today, a different class. His touch and turn was Bergkamp-like for the goal."

"Arteta was just absolutely outstanding as well. Just class, class."

"They were outstanding because Bolton are not a bad team and they really ripped them apart."

"You'd think Bolton would come out and try to steamroller Everton but it was the other way round. They got the fans going and they were always on their side."

"I was disappointed in Bolton. There was a 10-minute spell in the game where they were good and a chance of getting back in it."

"Apart from that, Everton were absolutely outstanding."

I think what he's trying to say is that we were outstanding :P .

Guest efctaxi
Paul Merson...

"I thought they were a different class,"

"That's as good a performance as I've seen in a first half from any Premier League club this season, they were that good."

"It was important to start the game well because of what happened in the week and to keep the feelgood factor up, but I thought they were outstanding."

"Jô was outstanding and Mark Hughes will be pulling his hair out because he looked like a top-drawer player today, a different class. His touch and turn was Bergkamp-like for the goal."

"Arteta was just absolutely outstanding as well. Just class, class."

"They were outstanding because Bolton are not a bad team and they really ripped them apart."

"You'd think Bolton would come out and try to steamroller Everton but it was the other way round. They got the fans going and they were always on their side."

"I was disappointed in Bolton. There was a 10-minute spell in the game where they were good and a chance of getting back in it."

"Apart from that, Everton were absolutely outstanding."

I think what he's trying to say is that we were outstanding :P .

I watched that with glee today .

I think the club have made a lot of fans from their performances lately , and justifyably so .

Just finished watching the game as it was a (much) delayed same day broadcast here. What a performance!

There are echoes of the 80's team here. Just think: if we actually win the FA Cup it'll be exactly 14 years since our last trophy. The last time we ended a 14 year drought was with the FA Cup inb 1984 - and we all know what happened therafter...

Four players in Garth Crooks' "Team of the week," Baines, Jags, Arteta & Jô plus Ossie in the squad :) . I realise the man's a complete plank, but it's still nice reading.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/s...bci/7631245.stm

Also Lee Dixon on MOTD 2 last night saying we're the "Team of the moment," they even went down to sixth place in their "Top of the table" graphic for once!

More little bits of recognition.

Also on Final score on saturday talking about Jô, they said ..............

"if any player was going through a tough time and lacking confidence get yourself to Everton, cos there is a closeness within the team and David Moyes will get the best out of you".

Like you said Mike its nice for the club to get a bit of recognition. :)

PS .... Spooney on 606 phone-in asked a chelsea supporter who he would vote for as manager of the year, he said something along the lines that David Moyes was performing miracles for a club who have very little money to back him.