IGNORED

Newcastle United (away)

dark

Guest efctaxi

Just about the most lacklustre game we could have hoped for .

Need to get some fitness in the team quickly . Fellaini was simply dire today . Nothing for our defenders to defend and I'm surprised Moyes didn't give them a cup of Oxo to keep them warm . Jo was disappointing too , and the only one creating anything was Baines .

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disappointing game. Feel we could have done better against 10 men, but as someone else said we did look a bit devoid of ideas at times. I don't know if anyone eles noticed but it seemed to me that referees have a bit of a disliking towards Fellaini - he seems to get booked or have a foul against him just for looking at the ball.

Hope Mikee's gonna be alright.

Not what we were after that trip to north :( we got only 1 thing we wanted, a clean sheet. 2 guys more out of squad, aint looking good, happy that we get Tim back next game, he inspires lot of other with hes fighting spirit. Even this was best game from Castillo, he just aint on that level what is needed in premiership. I thought he will improve our game when he was coming, hopelly he will get better now when Mikel is out, HE HAS TO. He has ok vision of game, but his passes are way too slow or soft, dunno how i should say it. Brave man hes certainly, dont remember any1 else playing socks down in prem, does he have any cover in hes legs?

What our key Players can do:

TC=header. We never looked dangerous in the box due to his absense.

Arteta=free kick / corner.We hardly posed any danger from any of these today.

Pineer=crossing / movement. We didn't have a lot quality delivery from the left today

Osman=dribbling on the right.

Without above mentioned, what i saw today was a team which couldn't pose any danger from set-piece.one of two occassions from the corner but could have done better.no play on the wings and totally innefective on headers in the opposite box. The most we can ask for them is a draw.

"Playing against the 10 men hasn't really help Everton. Newcastle have sat back and defended well, cutting off the space, and Everton have found it difficult to break them down." Pat Nevin.

When Arteta went off I thought we'd do well to get a point with the side we had out, but it's disappointing not to win in the end.

Fifteen shots and six corners (compared to four and zero for Newcastle), the first team to keep a clean sheet at St James' Park this season :) . Slight consolation.

Poor game!.....how many regular players were we missing at the end?

Fellaini wasn't fit! What a shame Newcastle were there for the taking, Cahill would have loved that game.

Anichebe was doing well untill his injury, but for me the best Everton player today was Baines.

If Arteta is out for the season! move on! hang on for 6th place and get some luck in the cup!

Jo was only average if that today.

I think a really fully fit Everton would have thrashed them today.......OH WELL!!

"Playing against the 10 men hasn't really help Everton. Newcastle have sat back and defended well, cutting off the space, and Everton have found it difficult to break them down." Pat Nevin.

When Arteta went off I thought we'd do well to get a point with the side we had out, but it's disappointing not to win in the end.

Fifteen shots and six corners (compared to four and zero for Newcastle), the first team to keep a clean sheet at St James' Park this season :) . Slight consolation.

Honestly we didn't play. They never ever looked comparable to us and for once they got close but later totally sat back and seemed to be pleased with 1 point. Yes 1 for them means 1 point closer to the needed 40 points. To us we have lost very important 2 points toward CL.

Man U may thrash 4 holes on Newcastle and don't really mind conceding one while we will also be among those who failed to score at ST.James park. :(

Lets be honest here, today we were cringingly woeful, no skill or creativity, passes either astray or stupidly under hit and a substitute running round like some bloody idiot who'd be unwanted in a kids back yard kick around.

Tim Howard had nothing to do all day so he is exempt from this criticism the rest need a huge kick up the arse. We showed absolutely no penetration a eunuch's eleven would have stood more chance of a scoring than we did. Once Mikel was taken out of the mix we were fucked good style. For all of you who raved about Jo. today you could see why he isn't making a Citeh side he was sloppy and delivering hospital passes all day. Saha did show some sparkle when he came on but by then there was just no support. As for Felliani.......................the guy is a dope, mouthing off the way he does means to me that he still has learned to show some respect to the ref, he contribution was none existent and his entire performance an embarrassment.

Thanks God we have players due to come back but I now worry like mad as Arteta is that important to us and it seems probable that his season ended today. The only plus side I could see is that Vic got away with severe bruising, his career could have ended to day.

That entire performance stunk :angry::angry::angry:

What The Toon Think

-I know they had players missing but it just shows what a missed opportunity this season has been if Everton are comfortably sixth.

-Agree, really frustrating. They had people missing, but are nothing special other than well organised and a good creative hub in Arteta.

-Credit to the team to catch a point here. Butty for once with a fantastic performance defensively. 5 points from 3 games and a clean sheet isn't that bad.

-Good result all things considered. Everton without their core midfielders were there for the taking today.

- What a dreadful match. Think we defended well though. Bassong and Enrique in particular were very good.

-Good result giving Nolan awful tackle and resulting effects on the numbers.Bassong had Jo in his pocket all match, another excellent display in Black and White, he's verging on player of the season IMO. Probably get stick for this, but i thought Steven Taylor ran his socks off today, sometimes forgets to get back as quickly as he gets forwards but i thought he helped the midfield out a fair bit in the second half. All in all i reckon we could have got something from the game before Nolan lost his head, but a crucial point in the end! 5 points above the drop zone, but with blackburn having a game in a hand its still going to be tight as hell!

Ill think Jimmy the blue were too harsh on hes opinion. Of course it will effect our game when last dreative player is carried out of field after coule of mintes. Hes the man were every1 else should tryed to pass when need to go attacking. Now it were much of hoping the best, fearing the worst. And about Jo, i dont think he was shite today. I i were one of them who praised him after beatiful debut, i werent thinking he could walk on the water, aswell carry the ball up by himself and scores. Every attacker needs service also, and today we couldnt create em enought. We had 2 very good chances first half from corners but didnt go in this time. And if some1 havent read my earlier posts this topic, no im not happy with the result.

EDIT> Anyone heard about Mikel????

Edited by LexKing

I think Castillo looked good today maybe he wasnt up against the best team in the world but the amount of tackles he won really suprised me because I didnt really think anything of him before today.

the rest of the team had an off day but many of us on here wasn't even expecting a point so im not to bothered.

Moyes when the fuck will you realise were taking something from fellaini's game when we play him behind the striker, play him in the middle where you bought him for before he loses every bit of confidence he has, he's not a target man and he is alot better in the middle of the park with the ball at his feet.

Edited by Blue4Ever

Ill think Jimmy the blue were too harsh on hes opinion. Of course it will effect our game when last dreative player is carried out of field after coule of mintes. Hes the man were every1 else should tryed to pass when need to go attacking. Now it were much of hoping the best, fearing the worst. And about Jo, i dont think he was shite today. I i were one of them who praised him after beatiful debut, i werent thinking he could walk on the water, aswell carry the ball up by himself and scores. Every attacker needs service also, and today we couldnt create em enought. We had 2 very good chances first half from corners but didnt go in this time. And if some1 havent read my earlier posts this topic, no im not happy with the result.

EDIT> Anyone heard about Mikel????

and here's me thinking I'd gone easy on them :lol:

Good work mate!.....what sort of reception do you get on your pc over there.The streams over here are a bit hit and miss and against Newcastle I struggled to find a decent one, they all seem to freeze now and then plus other problems such as slow speed or lack of sound.

Was your mate happy with a point?

Good work mate!.....what sort of reception do you get on your pc over there.The streams over here are a bit hit and miss and against Newcastle I struggled to find a decent one, they all seem to freeze now and then plus other problems such as slow speed or lack of sound.

Was your mate happy with a point?

thanks. i get okay reception...the Newcastle game was the worst reception ive gotten all season. weird. normally it is streamed through a site "iraqgoal.com"..normally get pretty good sound. they rarly play Everton Games live in this Country witch upsets me..but im up early with my comp every weekend.

yes my mate was very happy with a pt. it was quite discouraging but none the less. we were the better side.. he knows it.

haha