IGNORED

Newcastle United (away)

dark

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my ideal situation would be fellaini back in, for hibbert, neville to right back, quartet of cahill areta fellaini and rodwell in the centre, Anichebe and Pienaar on the wings.

i watched them vs sunderland, and when sunderland were moving the ball about on the deck they were ripping them apart. we need to do more of that, which we usually do away from home.

alan smith getting sent off on his first game back....guy is terrible in the mid field i hope he plays. No one in there strike force scares me one bit. Lescott and Jags have been amazing and i dont see them getting one. unless its on a set piece....

2-0 good result away

The only forward that gives me cause for concern is Martens, he can be like shit off a shovel, quick!

YKF, love ya blog mate, keep spreading the good word my friend :lol::lol:

Words of wisdom from Ryan Taylor....Newcastle defender but born scouse red...

Everton are comfortably sitting in sixth place, but Taylor feels the quality in the squad at St James's Park is comparable to that at Goodison Park, despite the disparity in league places.

The 24-year-old went on: "There's just as good a squad here (than Everton), if not better. The quality here's different class – they're all proven international players."

Words fail me :o .

Words of wisdom from Ryan Taylor....Newcastle defender but born scouse red...

Everton are comfortably sitting in sixth place, but Taylor feels the quality in the squad at St James's Park is comparable to that at Goodison Park, despite the disparity in league places.

The 24-year-old went on: "There's just as good a squad here (than Everton), if not better. The quality here's different class – they're all proven international players."

Words fail me :o .

He is a fucking tool. That is all.

Although i expect another tough encounter, i have seen Newcastle a few times on the box and they blow from half decent to downright abysmal, lets hope we catch them on the latter. Even so i still think we will be to strong and i am in a real positive mindset at the moment so, im looking at 3 points.

Based on what we could both field (maybe) on sunday...

Howard vs Harper 1-0 EFC

Yobo vs Bassong 2-0 EFC

Baines vs Enrique 3-0 EFC

Jags vs Taylor 4-0 EFC

Lescott vs Coliccinni - close one

Nev vs Butt - close one

Arteta vs Nolan 5-0 EFC

Osman vs Guttierez 5-1

Gosling vs R.Taylor 5-2

Rodwell vs Guthrie - close one (rodwell will be 10 times the player with experience)

Jo vs Martins - another close one!

Conclusion: 5-2 Everton, we pretty much dominated them all over the park, noted that both teams are missing key players!

Jags v Taylor is a close one for me, however Nev beats Butt in my opinion and Gosling beats Taylor also though should this not be Peanutts? either way we win, i would also take Rodwell over Guthrie but again shouldnt this be Mo in here as i expect them both to be fit for the weekend?

A must win game for us with Villa playing Chelski they should drop points here so we can close the gap, lets hope that Villa's season after getting beat by us and not doing so well in Europe is starting the crumble...

Jags v Taylor is a close one for me, however Nev beats Butt in my opinion and Gosling beats Taylor also though should this not be Peanutts? either way we win, i would also take Rodwell over Guthrie but again shouldnt this be Mo in here as i expect them both to be fit for the weekend?

If fit then yes, obviously.

Lawrenson's gone for a 1-1 draw again!

He's tipped that for our last three games (Liverpool. Bolton, Villa), just can't bring himself to tip us for a win :lol: .

His in-depth appraisal of the game...

"Newcastle are of course without Joe Kinnear at the moment and everyone wishes him a speedy recovery, but they had a good win at West Brom and at home they give everyone a game.

David Moyes has spent money so wisely at Everton and has a tight-knit squad with good attitudes."

Verdict: 1-1

....no wonder he's paid so much money for his opinions with those brilliant insightful thoughts :rolleyes: .

Lawrenson's gone for a 1-1 draw again!

He's tipped that for our last three games (Liverpool. Bolton, Villa), just can't bring himself to tip us for a win :lol: .

His in-depth appraisal of the game...

"Newcastle are of course without Joe Kinnear at the moment and everyone wishes him a speedy recovery, but they had a good win at West Brom and at home they give everyone a game.

David Moyes has spent money so wisely at Everton and has a tight-knit squad with good attitudes."

Verdict: 1-1

....no wonder he's paid so much money for his opinions with those brilliant insightful thoughts :rolleyes: .

That means that he didn't see those games, That means he isn't fit to give a prognoses, that means he's a big waste of time, money and air

He works for the BBC? I thought bbc stood for Big Big Cuality :)

Guest efctaxi

It doesn't really matter what Lawrenson says .

Prem football is all about how you play on the day . There's not a single side in the league that won't beat you if you play badly .

If Moyes has been able to keep the same focus within the squad that helped us face the big teams in recent weeks , and treat the next game with the same importance , then we should beat them comfortably .

It will be interesting to see what team walks out .

We've not had a consistent line up for ages , so it shows we have strength in depth , and that the training ground is working well as far as being a team is concerned .

It wouldn't surprise me to see Anichebe start the match with Jo on the bench after his last performance , or perhaps play them together . If Anichebe can get a goal , it might open the flood gates for him . If he sits on the bench , then it will affect him mentally after a good performance against Villa .

Give Saha more time to get fit , and hopefully he will stay fit and compete better towards the end of this season , and next .

What the Toon think, I got this from a NUFC forum I found.

With gutierrez and martins back i think we will have that extra bit pace we have lacked recently, especially from oba. This game could be a massive turning point in our season, following on from a gritty win aganst WBA to beat one of the better sides in the league could set us up well for games against bolton and the big boys at st.james. I'm thinking we'll go with the following side and win 2-1...martins getting a goal on his return and gutierrez chipping in with a goal after scoring for the argies.
Edited by dark

I would go with this lineup as Moyes gave a pretty nice view of Saha and his return i would expect him to start with our injury list growing.

----------------Howard

Nev------Jags----------Yobo---Lescott

----------------Rodwell

Anichebe-------Arteta----------Baines

-------------Saha

------------------------Jo

Howard

Jacobsen Jagielka Lescott Baines

Anichebe Neville Rodwell Arteta Gosling

Jo

bench: Nash, Yobo, VDM, Castillo, Saha, Baxter, Wallace...

I think this will be our first loss in a while, not to put a damper on proceedings but the squad we put out will be minus Fellaini, Osman, Pienaar, Cahill and Hibbert, that's five who would start straight away...if they were all available all bar one would start......

We will score, probably Jo, but I reckon they will nick it, could be a fun game...

3-2 to them, Jo and Neville for us, he's due :P

I wouldn't be upset if we lost anyway, we've had a brilliant run and Newcastle are desperate for points plus they have lots of attacking options....

Bar Cahill i dont think any of the above players mentioned will be a massive loss as as we had Mo out against Villa and spanked them plus Osman has been pretty shite most of the season and as well as Hibbert has played in some games Neville is a better RB anyway so no loss there.

I am still going to stick with my 1-3 prediction dispite the squad problems as Newcastle are a very turd team and if we carry our form on we should see a similer game to Villa.

Bar Cahill i dont think any of the above players mentioned will be a massive loss as as we had Mo out against Villa and spanked them plus Osman has been pretty shite most of the season and as well as Hibbert has played in some games Neville is a better RB anyway so no loss there.

I am still going to stick with my 1-3 prediction dispite the squad problems as Newcastle are a very turd team and if we carry our form on we should see a similer game to Villa.

I think we're overestimating our team a little bit here, Cahill has been a factor in every single game we've won, Pienaar links well with Baines as does Osman, in fact anyone on Baines' side seems to do well B)

I think it's just the balance of the side, Mo and Cahill can get hold of our hoofed balls, only Jo in the lineup we can field can do the same, Rodwell, while composed on the ball, is very young and we can't expect a world-class performance out of him either, Anichebe simply doesn't score goals, and bar all that it's the fact that Mo, Cahill and Peanuts and Osman all create threats to the opposition, whether it's from set-pieces or open play.

If I was newcastle i wouldn't be threatened by the sight of three players who need ID to buy beer...

I think we're overestimating our team a little bit here, Cahill has been a factor in every single game we've won, Pienaar links well with Baines as does Osman, in fact anyone on Baines' side seems to do well B)

I think it's just the balance of the side, Mo and Cahill can get hold of our hoofed balls, only Jo in the lineup we can field can do the same, Rodwell, while composed on the ball, is very young and we can't expect a world-class performance out of him either, Anichebe simply doesn't score goals, and bar all that it's the fact that Mo, Cahill and Peanuts and Osman all create threats to the opposition, whether it's from set-pieces or open play.

If I was newcastle i wouldn't be threatened by the sight of three players who need ID to buy beer...

It is not an over estimation mate its based on fact that our side has given the best teams in this country a very good run for their money and beaten two very good sides lately where as Newcastle have only one win in their last nine games which was against one of the poorest teams in this league.

In the game against Villa Fellaini and Pienaar where clearly not missed so not having them in that game did not upset the balance and Osman was poor against Villa and has been in most games and has not contributed half as much as the rest of our midfield.

I know Rodwell is young and no one is naive enough to expect a world class performance just a solid tidy game which he is more then capable of which he has shown he is more then capable of against bigger and better teams their age is not an issue maybe a lack of experiance could be brought into up but nothing else and they have shown they can cope with the pressure.

If the linup is anything that i would expect from my own opinion i would expect that Baines and Lescott to cause them more then enough problems down the left and although i do not rate Vic as a forward he can cause problems as we have seen down the right.

The only player that we would obviously miss that can not be covered by a player of similer abilities is Cahill but i dont think his absence will sway the balance that much. I know no game is a dead cert but the odds are stacked in our favour as we have a stronger team plus a better vibe dispite what that deluded purple warrior Taylor says :rolleyes:

Just my two cents anyway but what do i know i have predicted Hibbert to score on two or three occasions this season :lol: :lmaosmiley:

Edited by EFC-Paul

It is not an over estimation mate its based on fact that our side has given the best teams in this country a very good run for their money and beaten two very good sides lately where as Newcastle have only one win in their last nine games which was against one of the poorest teams in this league.

In the game against Villa Fellaini and Pienaar where clearly not missed so not having them in that game did not upset the balance and Osman was poor against Villa and has been in most games and has not contributed half as much as the rest of our midfield.

I know Rodwell is young and no one is naive enough to expect a world class performance just a solid tidy game which he is more then capable of which he has shown he is more then capable of against bigger and better teams their age is not an issue maybe a lack of experiance could be brought into up but nothing else and they have shown they can cope with the pressure.

If the linup is anything that i would expect from my own opinion i would expect that Baines and Lescott to cause them more then enough problems down the left and although i do not rate Vic as a forward he can cause problems as we have seen down the right.

The only player that we would obviously miss that can not be covered by a player of similer abilities is Cahill but i dont think his absence will sway the balance that much. I know no game is a dead cert but the odds are stacked in our favour as we have a stronger team plus a better vibe dispite what that deluded purple warrior Taylor says :rolleyes:

Just my two cents anyway but what do i know i have predicted Hibbert to score on two or three occasions this season :lol: :lmaosmiley:

I wasn't suggesting we would play bad football, or that we wouldn't have a good performance out of the players we've got, but the fact is the side we field will be a substanstially weaker side than if we had all our players available...and we're askign a lot of the players that are in the side to walk over Newcastle, our track record at St. james Park is pretty bad and even if Newcastle are on a bad run a turnaround can happen at any point...if our season hadn't turned around and we played every game like we did against Wigan we'd be fighting relegation with them...

I think the point I was trying to make wasn't that we don't have the strength and quality to beat Newcastle, it's just that the side we field won't be as used to playing with each other as the players that are out. Arteta will be our most creative player, and he's part of the reason we will be ok, but I just have reservations over pouring praise on the youngsters and Jo based on a few weeks good performances...Rodwell is a solid player but it's because he has great players to pass to who create time and space for him...we are dangerous up front through Cahill but put Jo up on his own and he could have a shocking game without support and not get us the goods....

I don't doubt that we have the quality to give newcastle a good game, but they have a few decent strikers, and a decent midfield and theyll have the home crowd backing them up, and I think it could be enough to create an upset...

I respect your opinion but I have faith in the team to do their best, I don't expect them to walk over every side that's in a lesser position to us, least of all one that is struggling to keep relegation from their door, as they'll want it more....

we'll see what happens on the day but I'm not going to rev myself up for another landslide win because in all fairness if we lost I wouldn't be disappointed....I'll be happyw ith 6th this season as long as we stay in the cup as long as possible

------------------------HOWARD--------------------------

NEVILLE-----JAGIELKA---------YOBO---------LESCOTT

GOSLING----ARTETA----------RODWELL-------BAINES

----------------ANICHEBE---------JO---------------------

That would be my team, I hope im wrong but I can see us getting beat, maybe 1-1 would be a good result in the circumstances.