IGNORED

Blackburn

Romey 1878

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOOF! That's my main memory of the game last night. Yobo, Lescott and Jagielka our main perpetrators of it. They must have lost all their brain cells last night because Samba and Nelsen are big bastards so we weren't going to win a thing in the air and yet they kept up with the relentless long balls.

We were absolutely bloody awful and never looked like winning. We look so stagnant down the right it's unbelievable. IMO that's because we haven't got a proper RB playing. Having Jags play there is a BIG mistake IMO. He looks so uncomfortable there and he offers nothing going forward, meaning we're completely one sided.

As for our creative two of Osman and Pienaar, what a joke the pair of them were last night. Utter shite.

Howard - Made an excellent save to help us get the point. That's about all he had to do.

Jagielka - Caught out a few times. He is not a RB, get him back at CB pronto.

Yobo - Positionally abysmal. I'm just not comfortable with him playing. Come back Hibbo, all is forgiven :P .

Lescott - An off night for Lescott IMO. He looked off the pace.

Baines - Had to sit back and defend a lot more because of our shite midfield performance so we didn't see his attacking skills.

Osman - Wank.

Neville - I didn't think he did anything spectacular but he did his job and that's all I can ask of him.

Rodwell - I didn't really notice him at all tbh.

Pienaar - Wank.

Cahill - Worked his socks off without anything actually coming of it. I thought he actually contributed more once he was moved back into midfield.

Jo - Sluggish and just plain crap.

I always look forward to Marks View of the game and the players.

Altho its not as much of an in depth summary as it usually is, it certainly has'nt disappointed me, especially his short and sweet opinion of Pienaar and Osman. :lol::lol: You've definitely got a way with words Mark. :)

We were awful as we have been for the last three games to be honest and its not a coincedence since Mickey has been out. I think its a few things to be honest. The defence hasnt been a problem but saying that the last three teams had about potency as us up front which says a lot. Jagielka is not a right back and needs to go back at centre half. I would put Neville right back because he is a lot more comfortable on the ball in those tight areas where you need to keep possesion and start attacks. In midfield we have no creativity and thus have created nothing apart from set pieces. Our passing has been atrocious and we have given Jo nothing to feed off. Saying that his peformances over the last three games has been shocking. His work rate hasn't been anywhere near what we expect and his first touch is awful. If Felliani can last 70 mins I would go back to playing Timmy up top with him just behind him if Saha is not ready to start. I think the squad is really tired at the minute and could do with a rest i think alot of them are playing with knocks

I don't know which game you were watching but I see you had your anti-Neville goggles on again, he was one of the only players in yellow to come out with any credit. Neville was everything that Rodwell was not, busy, involved in the game, passed the ball forward when he could - Rodwell looked way out of his depth and was almost non-existent. I've said it before and I'll say it again, he is no way a central midfielder, his passing is so safe that at times he threatened to make Neville looked like Steven Gerrard, he rarely seems to make any tackles in midfield or be involved at all, apart from one excellent block in the first half he may as well not have played. I'm not having a go at him, he's a young lad and he's a central defender by trade, he just isn't ready to be played in CM. Moyes made a mistake imo, I called for Osman to play in CM before the match and nothing I saw in the 90 minutes made me think I was wrong in that assessment. Without Arteta we have no one in central midfield who can link up play, there is no use having our two most creative players (Osman and Pienaar) stuck out on the wing if we can't get the ball to them and just hoof everything all day, the two or three times we got the ball down and passed we made things happen. Don't get me wrong, Osman was diabolical and I have no idea how he stayed on for the 90 minutes, he is starting to look like a fish out of water on the wing, he needs to be brought back into the middle where he excelled last season, if he isn't then I think we may very well be out of the cup on Sunday and we will have no hope of the top 4. If only Arteta had not been injured, we could very realistically have been only 3 points off 4th spot now. Moyes should have gone for it more last night, playing two defensive midfielders in a 4411 is just too negative when you need wins, ok we caught up by a point on Villa (who are wobbling) but it was a missed opportunity against a poor side.

Just for the record I'd probably give my motm to Neville, I thought he had a decent game, again.

listen mate im not having a go but we will never be a good team with Neville center mid, he got totally outclassed by average midfielders against westbrom, I cant agree with him being motm no way, I can put up with him at rightback but if u look at the stats when he's played center mid we hardly ever win, no creativity no composure no skill, he cant tackle half the time. He does put alot effort in but if Cahill played there at least we would have had someone who trys to play good footbal through midfield.

listen mate im not having a go but we will never be a good team with Neville center mid...

Since the Chelsea match at Christmas when Joey got injured and the defence got re-shuffled he's played (I'm fairly sure) every game in midfield.

Fourteen games. One defeat. Nineteen goals scored and four conceded.

Pointless trying to change your mind I know but that sounds like the record of a fairly decent team to me :) .

Since the Chelsea match at Christmas when Joey got injured and the defence got re-shuffled he's played (I'm fairly sure) every game in midfield.

Fourteen games. One defeat. Nineteen goals scored and four conceded.

Pointless trying to change your mind I know but that sounds like the record of a fairly decent team to me :) .

All true, I think over-analysing why we played shit at Blackburn is pointless. We just played shit.

All true, I think over-analysing why we played shit at Blackburn is pointless. We just played shit.

The only thing we need to take from that game is the fact that we miss Teta like mad and we have no one to replace him, life is shit gentlemen. One thing everyone missed was that friend Fellaini never got booked so I suppose that was a success