IGNORED

Blackburn

Romey 1878

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's going to be a right scrap and not be the prettiest of games to watch. They're fighting for survival and it's going to take us time to start playing good football without Spuddy.

1-1 or 1-0 to us, I can't make up my mind. Timmy to score again.

Yeah i agree mate it's not going to be a pretty one and with the injuries we have we will struggle abit 1-0 to us Jo or Saha

Jason Brown has been at Blackburn Rovers since 2006 and has only made 3 appearances. If I'm being honest I don't know much about him but at 5'11 he's small for inbetween the sticks. I'd think that with his in-experiance we could continue our good goalscoring run, the game will be scrappy like Mark said but with Robinson out I am confident we will seal another three points.

FYI information Brown started his career at Charlton Athletic and was sold to Gillingham because he coulden't make their first team, maybe he's not the best of goalkeepers :)

I'm going to go with 2-1. Cahill & Saha to score.

Santa Cruz for them.

Seems like we can win this if we can get the ball around the area for 15-20 yarders. Not entirely convinced that without Arteta we can get the killer ball into the 6 yard box from the centre, but I still think we can spray it wide to Baines and do well if he pulls it back.

Man I hate our attacking play being so one-sided. WTB a good winger....

Guest efctaxi

Blackburn have always been a bit of a bogey team .

If we can get our noses infront , we should be able to hold on , but I'm expecting a tough game .

I'm getting more confident about this match, we have to win it if we want that 4th spot I think. Thinking about it, we still have virtually the players who managed to finish 5th last season, ok we are without Arteta (who was playing poorly for a lot of last season) Yakubu and Carsley but I feel that if we put Osman back into CM (we have to imo) alongside Cahill and Neville then we still have virtually as strong a midfield and a stronger defence. Osman played well in CM last year, he is the only option we have to take over the Arteta role, he may not be as good as Arteta but he can do a job. Osman has to step up now, he's had an indifferent season and I think our season hangs on the form of Cahill, Osman and Pienaar from now on.

I'd play:

Howard

Hibbert, Jags, Lescott, Baines

Gosling/VDM, Osman, Neville, Cahill, Pienaar

Jo/Saha

This is still a good team, it may not be as good as a team with Arteta in but it's still good enough to get results. The worst thing we could do is to stick Osman back out on the wing and get someone like Rodwell in or go 442, we need Osman's passing, we need to link the play. I think we can win this match but we'll need to get stuck in and play with a lot more urgency than in our last couple of games.

Hibberts out Carl so we can do one of two things, one is to bring Jacobsen in as a straight swap, two is to move Neville to fullback and bring in Rodwell.

I prefer the latter but i'm not over confident about this game and i'll settle for a 0-0. ;)

It is never easy against Blackburn for as long as I have been a Blue we seem to make heavy weather of these games. We are not playing well, we have been grinding out results and getting by. At the beginning of the season they beat us at GP and then knocked us out of the Carling cup a week or so later. We do owe them one but I can't see it happening at present unless Moyes has come up with a new game plan. In one interview after the WBA game he suggested that changes would be made indicating he knew what was going wrong...........................based on those comments and crossing all my fingers 2 - 0 to us

Robinson's a doubt

http://www.rovers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/New...1577086,00.html

It'd be better for us if he played because he's shite.

Got to agree with you. I think that most Blackburn fans would probably agree with you as well. After seeing comments on Blackburn Forums while researching for the Talking To The Enemy section they all seem to hate him, especially seeing as they had such a strong and dependable keeper before hand in Friedel. I think they have more confidence in a youth team player, even if they have never seen him play before.

Its amazing to think that Robinson was England Number 1 not that long ago. Its depressing.

According to the BBC team news Rodwell, "...has recovered from a dead leg."

Gamst Pedersen is suspended though I remember from last year that the Blackburn fans don't rate him at all. Dunn possibly back from a hamstring which we could do without, possibly (with Santa Cruz) their biggest threat.

According to the BBC team news Rodwell, "...has recovered from a dead leg."

Gamst Pedersen is suspended though I remember from last year that the Blackburn fans don't rate him at all. Dunn possibly back from a hamstring which we could do without, possibly (with Santa Cruz) their biggest threat.

From what I can tell about Gamst Pedersen is that the he is much more highly thought of by other fans, not Blackburn, becasue he scores a few good goals that get highlighted on things like MOTD. Blackburn fans don't rate him at all but for some reason everyone else thinks he is top. A little similar to Osman, though IMO Osman is better than Pedersen. My point being that alot of rival fans think very highly of Osman, it always surpirses me when they talk about players they think of highly in the Everton squad alot of people will mention Osman, again for similar reason to Pedersen that he will score the odd brilliant goal that gets highlighted on things like MOTD.

I would have prefered Pederson and Robinson to be playing as I think they are weak links, Dunn playing would be bad news as i think he is a good performer for them. Always puts in a good shift, at least the few times that I have seen him play.

These are usually rubbish football matches but a MAJOR battle. Blackburn are playing for survival and I hope we don't have one eye on the cup match on sunday. If were not careful they could outfight us and nick a scrappy 1-0 as we havn't created much in the past two matches. Saying that though we have had one more days rest than Blackburn so that might help. I think we will have a little too much for them and i think 0-2 Lescott and Peanuts penalty.

Guest efctaxi

I wonder if Moyes might hold a few players back tomorrow night just incase they get injured and can't play in the FA cup .

Any more injuries would be dire .

I wonder if Moyes might hold a few players back tomorrow night just incase they get injured and can't play in the FA cup .

Any more injuries would be dire .

We should hold some back, but we also need to have players who can replace them =D

edit:

on the second thought,i don't think we shoudl hold playrs back (unless injured)

I think we need to focus more on the league,

Fa cup would be very nice to win, but i don't think we can't risk our league ranking for it.

Edited by Churinga

Big ugly Sam has had his say about Cahill

Click: Allardyce the intellectual

Put the words "Allardyce", "out", arse", "of", "arse", "talks", "fat", "ugly", "arse", "useless", "Newcastle reject", "arse" and "his" into a sentence

Perhpas he has been turned down for the England job again, or turned it down. Yes, that's it. The FA wanted to sack Capello after the defeat to Spain and asked Sam to take over! But, he was too busy with his success at Blackburn.

sam_with_tigers.jpg

Edited by SheedysRightFoot

im going with

-----------------------Howard-------------------------------

Neville--------Lescott--------Jagelkia--------------Baines

--------------------------Felliani-------------------------------

--------------------------Osman-------------------------------

Gosling----------------------------------------------Pienarr

----------------------------Cahill----------------------------

---------------------------Saha (jo)--------------------------

Bench

Nash

Yobo

Jacobsen

Castillo

Rodwell

vd Meyde

Jo (saha)

its amazing that we have 12 hours to the match but i cant watch the 2nd half cuase i have a year 11 exam on at 8 am its rubbish