IGNORED

Blackburn

Romey 1878

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still cannot get my head round not starting Jacobson... we do suffer from crosses from the right hand side and im guessing (without seeing him play) that a danish full back should be pretty decent on on the ball as Denmark arnt a bad side and he continues to get into ther squad even if he hasnt been playing.

I would like to see VDM bought on as Osman is playing poorly and i think with his delivary we could exepct a goal!

COYB!!

How did we ever win a game without Arteta in centre midfield again? Anyone like to remind me? :lol:

Horrible football to watch, Saha was good when he came on, I actually though Rodwell was good too on defence though he definitely lacks creativity, Cahill was penalised way too much (Cheque in the post from Big Sam) and back 4 solid as ever.

Pienaar was good first half then completely lost it second half. Osman was distinctly average, some good touches and pressure but invisible for the most part. Fellaini did well when he came on, not great, but he's definitely feeling that back a bit.

Personally I felt that game was crying out for someone like Gosling who would run at the opposition and force them to give some space.

Edited by Grarghsies

Guest efctaxi

Links were so bad today , it was impossible to watch the game .

Another 2 points lost if you are a pessimist , but on the bright side , it's a good point away from home , and another clean sheet .

Also on the bright side are some of the results from other teams .

Thankyou City , and thankyou Hull :) oh...... and thankyou United lol . :lol:

Wigan lost points too , even though the Hammers gained 2 on us .

Not sure whether Spurs hammering Borough is a good thing or not for us .

Roll on the FA cup .

We were terrible today, what pisses me off, Rodwell was clearly better than Neville in the first half, he made several blocks and kept the ball down but with Neville his passing makes him look so bad against the worst players, but when it comes to making midfield changes moyes never thinks to take him off or move him out of midfield, he takes the better midfielder off, I know we were maybe chasing the game and Rodwell is really a centerback but that makes no difference, Moyes's tactics didnt work. we hoofed the ball up all game and didnt give Jo nothing.

I thought Neville and Osman really let the team down, if they had played better or if there was a change at half time we might have got somthing out of the game. We need something else up front, its to much to ask to play Jo on his own up front, he clearly didnt adapt to the premiership at city so why playing him up front away from home is going to help I dont no, he's a good player but he needs a bit of support.

Edited by Blue4Ever

Guest efctaxi
We were terrible today, what pisses me off, Rodwell was clearly better than Neville in the first half, he made several blocks and kept the ball down but with Neville his passing makes him look so bad against the worst players, but when it comes to making midfield changes moyes never thinks to take him off or move him out of midfield, he takes the better midfielder off, I know we were maybe chasing the game and Rodwell is really a centerback but that makes no difference, Moyes's tactics didnt work. we hoofed the ball up all game and didnt give Jo nothing.

I thought Neville and Osman really let the team down, if they had played better or if there was a change at half time we might have got somthing out of the game. We need something else up front, its to much to ask to play Jo on his own up front, he clearly didnt adapt to the premiership at city so why playing him up front away from home is going to help I dont no, he's a good player but he needs a bit of support.

Didn't Rodders have a bit of an injury last week ? Maybe that's why he was replaced . Possibly precautionary .

Regarding Jo , I don't think Saha is ready ( or worth risking ) for 90 minutes so with the exception of Cahill , who is always fairly forward , we don't have too many options on giving him a partner .

Not the worst result in the world . Lots of games left to pick up or drop points , and it might just be a valuable point at the end .

Was a little worried for Cahill , and indeed Osman for a minute . :huh:

I thought we were the worse of 2 lousy teams on the night and we created nothing worth a goal. Jo alone is as as useless as anyone could be up there without support or getting much of the ball. Long balls for attackers to run onto don't work against a defence that played as tight as Blackburn did. At least Blackburn moved the ball around in midfield trying to create something whereas we hoofed the ball upfield more in hope than anything constructive. Really makes me wonder whether we went there determined not to lose.

However. we kept a clean sheet again and got a point out of it while never really threatening to do anything more.

Was I the only one thinking that Timmy would come up with a goal from a set piece and rescue us from mediocrity? I think not, but that I suppose shows how we have come to adjust to life without Arteta. We're creating very little from open play because of the hoof upfield tactics. God, I hope things get better against Middlesborough otherwise we may get a shock goalless draw and a replay at the Riverside that would be tough to win in our current frame of mind regarding tactics.

I don't know which game you were watching but I see you had your anti-Neville goggles on again, he was one of the only players in yellow to come out with any credit. Neville was everything that Rodwell was not, busy, involved in the game, passed the ball forward when he could - Rodwell looked way out of his depth and was almost non-existent. I've said it before and I'll say it again, he is no way a central midfielder, his passing is so safe that at times he threatened to make Neville looked like Steven Gerrard, he rarely seems to make any tackles in midfield or be involved at all, apart from one excellent block in the first half he may as well not have played. I'm not having a go at him, he's a young lad and he's a central defender by trade, he just isn't ready to be played in CM. Moyes made a mistake imo, I called for Osman to play in CM before the match and nothing I saw in the 90 minutes made me think I was wrong in that assessment. Without Arteta we have no one in central midfield who can link up play, there is no use having our two most creative players (Osman and Pienaar) stuck out on the wing if we can't get the ball to them and just hoof everything all day, the two or three times we got the ball down and passed we made things happen. Don't get me wrong, Osman was diabolical and I have no idea how he stayed on for the 90 minutes, he is starting to look like a fish out of water on the wing, he needs to be brought back into the middle where he excelled last season, if he isn't then I think we may very well be out of the cup on Sunday and we will have no hope of the top 4. If only Arteta had not been injured, we could very realistically have been only 3 points off 4th spot now. Moyes should have gone for it more last night, playing two defensive midfielders in a 4411 is just too negative when you need wins, ok we caught up by a point on Villa (who are wobbling) but it was a missed opportunity against a poor side.

Just for the record I'd probably give my motm to Neville, I thought he had a decent game, again.