IGNORED

Hughes On Jo

troy8

If Everton went into the start of next season with a fully fit Yakubu, Vaughan, Cahill and Anichebe.

And if Arteta is back to his best and ready to pull the strings for one of the above or maybe a combination of two of them......then I can see Jo having to make frantic repairs to that bridge he's just burnt!

Guest efctaxi

Much - much better from him today .

Thought he , Fellaini , and Osman really played well today .

Well done Jo .

Socks look a little higher .

Every time JO plays it starts another topic on the Buemoon forum, most put it down to Moyes being a far better Manager than Hughes.

If you want to have a look ..........

http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewt...e6d22b9bdb1c82a

I loved this quote from one of the Manc fans:

"Ah Ok! That's what the strategy was. So, since Hughes can't put together a team to beat them, we send our players out to other teams to do it for us. Great job Hughes!"

:lol: Classic stuff!

loved this one

i wonder how well robinho would get on under moyes.... i wonder!!

just imagine

and

Thats why Everton have such a good team spirit by the way,they all suck each other off,fact!!!!!

Sven tried to employ the same tactics here but Dunney was havin non of it!!!!!!!

very strange place manchester

Edited by StevO

I can't see us being able to afford him though, and it's a shame because he's looking like he could be another 15+ goal a season man along with the Yak :(

that implies we'd go back to a two-striker team ... with the players we have that just doesn't work .... look at the game today against wigan .. Jo backed up by Fellaini backed up by Cahill .. works brilliantly..

against portsmouth we played saha and jo... horrible, fellaini non existant, we lost the midfield battle ..

yakubu, saha, jo .. one of them needs to go in the offseason .. don't really care which, all three are good enough strikers to play for everton.. but two starting strikers doesn't work... most likely to leave is Jo because we can't afford him, which is just fine..

that implies we'd go back to a two-striker team ... with the players we have that just doesn't work .... look at the game today against wigan .. Jo backed up by Fellaini backed up by Cahill .. works brilliantly..

against portsmouth we played saha and jo... horrible, fellaini non existant, we lost the midfield battle ..

yakubu, saha, jo .. one of them needs to go in the offseason .. don't really care which, all three are good enough strikers to play for everton.. but two starting strikers doesn't work... most likely to leave is Jo because we can't afford him, which is just fine..

I think Saha is probably the best striker at the club but your not going to get a full season out of him.

I'm not a massive fan of the Yak or Jo be honest. Yes they are goalscorers but they aren't very flexible in the way they play. They don't have the pace to stretch teams for a start. They also seem to not work when we have 2 main strikers playing (although this could be the midfield).

Based on the game against Wigan I would like to see us keep hold of Jo. He has had some off days but he's done well coming to a new club and doing what he's done. He had a fantastic debut and has showed some signs of things to come. With the players than Manchester City have and will be getting I think that they will be more than happy to see Jo part of our team on a permanant basis.

Feel sorry for some of the City supporters though, I saw a young lad in town today with a City shirt and 'Jo 14' on the back. Bad choice mate :D

Jo and Saha would be a great attacking force, with Yakubu being out for the best part of the season its hard to see how he will come back. Just what will happen? I guess he's our out of favour striker now.

I hope he continues his current form and we keep hold of him he has shown he is capable of being a good player for us. He has shown he is keen to stay and wants to be part of this team which is hard enough to come across these days and his situation could help sway other players to our club if the deal becomes permanent.

Some have already said a striker is a priority this summer and if the price is right i hope we sign Jo and with Saha Yakubu and Vaughn we would have four very good strikers possibly one of the best bunch in the league to be honest the only player i think will feel the effect will be Anichebe who simply is not good enough.

If we could sell Anichebe for around £4 mil and put that towards Jo i would be all for it again it all depends on what City want i dont think they will price us out of a deal as we know they will spend this summer plus they would have a player on their hands thats already stated he would rather not return suppose we will have to wait and see what happens.

Edited by EFC-Paul

What we should be considering is Moyes on Jo and I'm not certain he is fully taken with the load yet. If we do sign him it will mean that 'another' will have to go to make way and ensure our finances aren't too stretched in this recession. I wonder if Hull would still want Vic and how much would they pay?

As far as I am concerned, the jury remains out, I want to see him perform away from GP and to date he has been shite B)

What we should be considering is Moyes on Jo and I'm not certain he is fully taken with the load yet. If we do sign him it will mean that 'another' will have to go to make way and ensure our finances aren't too stretched in this recession. I wonder if Hull would still want Vic and how much would they pay?

As far as I am concerned, the jury remains out, I want to see him perform away from GP and to date he has been shite B)

I would like Hull to sign Anichebe. It would be money for a player that we can play well without. Since his good form in the UEFA Cup he hasn't done all that much for us and anything we can get for him would go towards signing Jo, a player that has proved to be able of scoring goals for us in the top level.

Sell Anichebe > Buy Jo

The next two games will determine if we should sign Jo. Can he perform against Aston Villa and Chelsea? Away, when it matters? Let's wait and see people. :king:

Guest efctaxi

I wonder how much Crouch would cost us ?

Crouch is a player that is amongst the best goal scorers in the prem , but I fear hoof football might return .

Jo , if we bought him , might be sold on installments etc .

If he plays his ass off untill the end of the season , I can see one of our big players going to City .

I would like Hull to sign Anichebe. It would be money for a player that we can play well without. Since his good form in the UEFA Cup he hasn't done all that much for us and anything we can get for him would go towards signing Jo, a player that has proved to be able of scoring goals for us in the top level.

Sell Anichebe > Buy Jo

The next two games will determine if we should sign Jo. Can he perform against Aston Villa and Chelsea? Away, when it matters? Let's wait and see people. :king:

Would we get anything for Saha, he is proving far too injury prone for me and I would think anyone else................it will be interesting to see if he is retained

Edited by Jimmy the blue

I agree he has done ok at Goodison but in every away game hes played in he has been nothing short of an oxygen thief!

I wouldnt like to see us spending too much money on him maybe if we could get him on a season long loan

Guest efctaxi

If this did actually come from Moyes , then wtf is he playing at ? :angry:

I'm sure Jo will be thrilled to read that and play his ass off for us now . What a stupid comment to make , and if it did come from Moyes , then he has now gone down in my estimations of his management skills .

If he is going to say it , then say it at the end of the season . What a berk !

I'm sure Jo will be thrilled to read that and play his ass off for us now . What a stupid comment to make , and if it did come from Moyes , then he has now gone down in my estimations of his management skills .

You cant know what he has been talkin with Jo before or after this read. Moyes can aswell have told him before that, we dont have money and tryong just keep citys pricetag lower. We never know ;) dont be so negative, In Moysie We Trust :D

Guest efctaxi
You cant know what he has been talkin with Jo before or after this read. Moyes can aswell have told him before that, we dont have money and tryong just keep citys pricetag lower. We never know ;) dont be so negative, In Moysie We Trust :D

It's Saturday and there is no football of interest . I'm allowed to be negative :D

If he did say those things it may be abit of a mind game with City not to expect us to be paying mega money for Jo or it could be the usual lazy journo shite we read everyday and be twisted words blended with bulshit, I like Jo i think he has the potential to become a very good player for us but i will hold my judgement until i know how much City actually want.

Guest efctaxi

Would it not be a good idea to keep Jo in a positive frame of mind , and allow him to believe there is a chance ?

If he is in on it with Moyes , and they are trying to get the price down , I'll eat my socks .