IGNORED

Exams? You're Havin A Larf.

Bill

Just been watching the news on telly and they had a fella on that thinks the Exams the 14 to 16 year olds have to take is too easy, so he asked his 8 year old son to do the paper without any revision and he got a pass mark, think he said 55 or something, i dont know how they mark them cos i never did any exams when i went to school. (If you could fight the biggest lad in the school and win, you went to the top of the class.) :D

Also showed a class full of teens taking the test and every one of them sat there with a calculator. :o When i went to school i had to work it out in my head or show all the workings on your paper. All those students who moan about revision and hard work are taking the piss, 8 year old without ever seeing the paper before. Shame on you all. :)

@Bill: When you saw the kids with a calculator thats because their taking a calculator paper. They give you questions which make you press certain buttons on the calculator (YX) the paper which involves calculators is significantly harder than the mental one. In all there are three Maths papers. One which is to be taken with a calculator, one without and one quick fire mental one.

@Mike: That question if for the really dumb folk. There are usually three really simple questions on the first page that literally anyone could answer. I think it's just so that you have some points in the bag. I remember one Maths question I got a few years back.

Q: What is 999,999 + 1?

There are usually three really simple questions on the first page that literally anyone could answer.

Reminds me of the genius Peter Cook & Dudley Moore sketch...

I could have been a judge but I never had the Latin, never had the Latin for the judging. I just never had sufficient of it to get through the rigorous judging exams. They're noted for their rigour. People came staggering out saying 'My God, what a rigorous exam.'

So I became a miner instead. A coal miner. I managed to get through the mining exams-they're not very rigorous. They only ask one question. They say 'Who are you?', and I got 75% for that.

Being a miner, as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly, you have to go. Well, the very opposite applies with the judges. So all in all I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.

when i did my maths GCSE i did better on the non calculator paper because the questons were easier than those on the calculator exam. im absolutly useless with maths and i got a C (right on the boundry).

and with the science question thats for people who do a certain science award. there were 3 when i did mine 21st century science was the easiest for the lowest sets. double award was the intermediate (got 2 grades overall for it) and the treble award (one i did) where you ger 3 grades but its the hardest (physics and chemistry were basically more maths exams)

I started this year on the Foundation Science paper which 100% only gets you a C. Since I scored 68/69 on my first paper I've been allowed the scrap the foundation and move onto that Higher Triple Award thing meaning that I can get anything from a U to an A*.

Yes i'll admit there might be a reason for the calculator and the easy question to start with, but an 8 year old with no revision can get a pass. laugh.gif Double shame on you all. tongue.gif

I guess we do have un-fair advantage Bill, calculators do make the test a little easier I guess. I score higher on the non calculator papers myself.

Did you have a calculator paper when you was at school Bill? Or was the abacus still the in thing? :P;)

Kids are dumb, they don't want kids to fail exams because they're dumb so they make the exams easier. Thus more kids can get good results and better jobs, even if it means that the standard level of education is so low that most of our youth will end up arguing over who's the father on jeremy kyle......i despair for this country i really do <_<

Comments like these always make me laugh.

These are recent actual GCSE exams

http://www.gcsesciencepastpapers.com/gcse-...6-june-2007.htm

http://www.gcsesciencepastpapers.com/gcse-...5-june-2007.htm

http://www.gcsesciencepastpapers.com/gcse-...4-june-2007.htm

http://www.gcsemathspastpapers.com/p4j08allqs.htm

http://www.gcsemathspastpapers.com/p3j08allqs.htm

Scroll down, first ones are easy to 'ease' pressure.

Considering these are for 15 year olds who are pressured to f**k, they're far from easy.

Though, this lad here

Kids are dumb, they don't want kids to fail exams because they're dumb so they make the exams easier. Thus more kids can get good results and better jobs, even if it means that the standard level of education is so low that most of our youth will end up arguing over who's the father on jeremy kyle......i despair for this country i really do <_<

Wont have any problems, he's clever him. He uses the word "Thus"...

Edited by Bacon Butty

• 4 weeks later...

I hated school, I used to feign illness during Chemistry so I could leave the room, I'd walk 8 miles to school in the morning from my house instead of getting the bus so I'd miss History. When I moved house I became eligible for a Trio bus pass so I spent a lot of time in Chester/Liverpool when I should have been in school. :huh:

When I went into sixth form, I decided I didn't want to be in school any more and left for College.

Then when I finished college I started Uni and decided I also didn't like that, still I took the loan they offered and bought a new PC and Xbox. So I opted for employment and to do this day I still consider going back to Uni because it feels like unfinished business.

my first Uni exam is friday. shitting one right now coz im not ready for it. despite me cramming 3 to 4 hours a day for the past week. cant seem to remember any of it

only 3 to 4 ? :) at least if your grades aren't that good, you got a lot of room for extra effort :).

but i do sympathize with how your feeling, i've got to finish my masters thesis and i'm sick of it.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got my first proper GCSE exam on monday an am shittin one :P. Although i've got a scribe for my first maths exam and a laptop for my RE one due to breaking my carple bone (not to sure whether its broken). They make these foundation papers easy because the goverment want kids to get GCSE'S because they don't want to see even more people sign up to the doll, do absoultly nothing in thier life and waste this planets oxygen with thier hopeless life. When you get too the higher papers (which I am on except Maths cos am awful at that) then you start getting the more challanging questions which requires learning the subject and everything about it thourghouly. Oh yeah an tha kid who past the test when he was 8 was a once in a life time. Never would tha happen agen.

Anyway its revision time for me :(.

Did my equivelant of the GCSEs last year, absolutely nothing to worry about Josh. I barely studied and got through with 4 A's, 5 B's and a C, all Higher. Got a B in Maths and was well chuffed with that :D

Good luck, and make sure you cram the right stuff :D

When you get too the higher papers (which I am on except Maths cos am awful at that) then you start getting the more challanging questions which requires learning the subject and everything about it thourghouly. Oh yeah an tha kid who past the test when he was 8 was a once in a life time. Never would tha happen agen.

Are you taking the higher papers in English Josh :o ?

Good luck anyway ;) .

• 3 weeks later...
Guest efctaxi
In 9 hours I have my very very last exam to get a masters degree as a lawyer specialized in European law .. Little nervous because I need a good grade if I want to get a job in Brussels.

None of you better voted for UKIP rendering my diploma useless :).

So get your ass off the forum and get studying .

Good luck mate .

The first thing they teach you is the importance of taking b break.

Wise words. In times of stress/crisis/pressure the most important thing to remember is the location of the kettle :P .

Hope it goes well (I'd rather remove a finger with a blunt Stanley knife than vote UKIP :) ).