IGNORED

Aston Villa (away)

Romey 1878

When looking at our fixture run in this one stuck out for obvious reasons, and a couple of months ago I will be honest I was dreading the thought of it!!!

However now that its here and the great form we are in and villa are NOT in I'm really excited about it. A lot of people have said how well villa played against the mancs (which they did) however lets not forget they LOST the game in horrible circumstances and I think that will be a bad thing for them not a good (christ its happened against the top 4 for us before)

There is only one team going into this game confident and thats us and as long as we do what we do best and go at them from the start (no cagey defensive nonsense) then I can see a couple of goals win for us. Only real threats I think they pose us are from ashley young (brilliant young winger) and that big lump john carew (we know how we struggle against tall strikers - anyone remember crouch the other week??) apart from that where are their goals going to come from as on SSN today it says that Gabby "I'manannoyinglittleshitlahor" is injured and so is heskey.

I say lets be positive enjoy the game and get the win that will put us into 5th spot, the position we deserve to be in, unfortunately I think arsenal have 4th sewn up but if we are all being honest after the things we have all been through this season we would happily take a 5th finish and a possible fa cup final!!!!

And finally I am very happy that none of the pundits are speaking about us getting 4th on tv, as I think we thrive on being the underdogs and its when we play our best football with no pressure on us!

COYB's

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This pissed me off...on the beeb...

Aston Villa fans should be enjoying this afternoon so far. Arsenal, losing 1-0 at Wigan, have a six-point lead in fourth but they still have to play Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester United.

Steve Claridge said something similar on Final Score....no mention of Everton anywhere.

Have they not noticed that we are only one point back and on a vastly superior run of form?!? Doesn't take a brain surgeon to see that if we were to win tomorrow we'd be a much bigger threat than Villa are. Don't look beyond the end of their nose some people.

yeah i saw that another bloke text in sayin the exact same thing about where is the mention for everton? just got a sarcastic indeed sorry and that was it. annoys me a bit too but i agree with everyone else also that it benefits us i mean if we're not expected to do it then less pressure on us to in some way i suppose. they'll have to mention us after we win today though :P

Villa are demoralized, after their trashing at anfield and their loss in stoppage at old trafford, they've seen their efforts to focus on defending their 4th place by negletting the UEFA, which they might have even won, given the competition, and now they have Everton breathing on their necks. The pressure is definetly on them.

Since we played them in the cup they've got one point from a possible eighteen and gone out of the UEFA.

We've had a bit of a dodgy patch as well (until last week), dropped points we shouldn't have (at Newcastle & Blackburn) and still made up ten points on them.

They're the worst team in the league on current form (LINK). Only one winner surely :huh: ?

Since we played them in the cup they've got one point from a possible eighteen and gone out of the UEFA.

We've had a bit of a dodgy patch as well (until last week), dropped points we shouldn't have (at Newcastle & Blackburn) and still made up ten points on them.

They're the worst team in the league on current form (LINK). Only one winner surely :huh: ?

You're tempting me to change my oztip from a draw to an Everton win. Knowing my luck I'd change it to an Everton win and we'd go on to draw, but if I don't change it we'll probably win. Argggh.

Edited by Romey 1878

Tempting you has tempted me :o !

I don't even remember what I've tipped, my golden rule is to never look on the day and make changes because it never works out....crap :unsure: .

Michael O you superstitious old Booby have faith believe this day is ours I tell you :lol:

Incidentally have you ever read the Story of O, dirty dirty dirty :P

Michael O you superstitious old Booby have faith believe this day is ours I tell you :lol:

Incidentally have you ever read the Story of O, dirty dirty dirty :P

I am horribly superstitious....if we lose and I discover I've been wearing the wrong shirt I take the blame :( .

And I've seen the film but not read the book :oneeyed01: .

Surprised no-one's posted the teams...

Aston Villa: Friedel, Luke Young, Davies, Knight, Shorey, Milner, Petrov, Barry, Ashley Young, Agbonlahor, Carew. Subs: Guzan, Sidwell, Delfouneso, Salifou, Reo-Coker, Gardner, Albrighton.

Everton: Howard, Hibbert, Lescott, Jagielka, Baines, Osman, Neville, Cahill, Pienaar, Fellaini, Jo. Subs: Nash, Van der Meyde, Castillo, Saha, Jacobsen, Rodwell, Gosling.

Good first 30mins then we started to flap mainly due to Howard being very unconvincing. If we continue like this in the second Villa will score we need to come out as we did in the first half and Howard is starting to show cracks now he needs to sort his head out and grow some balls and catch the ball.

Dindt see the start of game, just got picture when we got 2-0 lead. This game has pace and we were looking really having big troubles on defence. Ill see Hibbo gettin sent off today, hopefully not on clumsy foul on our area and stupid penalty for them again. Young is way too dangerous vs Hibbo and when he likes to dive... i just hope im totally wrong. Peanuts should sometimes do something when he gets in the box with ball. He had a nice opportunity to do something, at least try to shoot, but he freezed again and just gave the ball off. DAMN IM NERVOUS COYB

I wonder if the injury is affecting Howard's play. He looks like our worst player today, and it's very rare to say that/

Glad to see the interval. The way they were going it seemed like the only thing that might slow their momentum. God, I hope this game doesn't turn into another Portsmouth!

I wonder if the injury is affecting Howard's play. He looks like our worst player today, and it's very rare to say that/

Glad to see the interval. The way they were going it seemed like the only thing that might slow their momentum. God, I hope this game doesn't turn into another Portsmouth!

I cant see a hamstring strain from last week having that effect he has been shite at coming for crosses since i can remember him even at United he was the same. He is a good keeper in all other area's of his game he is just shit at crosses and Villa are going to play on that he needs a good bollocking from Moyes or take him off because if he keeps it up he will cost us this game.

Edited by EFC-Paul

I cant see a hamstring strain from last week having that effect he has been shite at coming for crosses since i can remember him even at United he was the same. He is a good keeper in all other area's of his game he is just shit at crosses and Villa are going to play on that he needs a good bollocking from Moyes or take him off because if he keeps it up he will cost us this game.

True, I was thinking more of it affecting his confidence rather than his physical skills, but I won't disagree with you about that being the weakest part of his game.

. Ill see Hibbo gettin sent off today, hopefully not on clumsy foul on our area and stupid penalty for them again. Young is way too dangerous vs Hibbo and when he likes to dive... i just hope im totally wrong.

AND HE IS REALLY TRYING HARD FOR FUCKS SAKE