Romey 1878

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Church of England are concerned about the game btw

http://www.nsno.co.uk/news.php?item.4493.1

:lol:

(quote from the link): "whilst also feeling sorry for those season-ticket holders forced with the agonising choice of celebrating Easter at church or watching the match."

Yes, I'd imagine that it's pretty difficult to be a member of two religions when their requirements come into conflict with each other.

The Church of England are concerned about the game btw

Ridiculous. They're missing the obvious fact that no matter how hard they pray God will be paying no attention because he'll be in the away end at Villa Park with his omnipresent setting temporarily disabled :P .

I think it'll be a repeat of the cup game. 3-1 to the good guys.

Providing all players remain fit, I'd go with the same starting 11 as Wigan, we should win comfortably as long as Felli and Ossie and Pip play as well as they did, Pip especially.

I would consider starting Gosling ahead of Peanuts since he played in the international...

---------------------Howard--------------------

Hibbert----Jagielka--------Lescott-----Baines

----------------------Neville--------------------

Osman----------------------------------Gosling

-------------Fellaini-----------Cahill------------

-------------------------Jo-----------------------

Bench: Nash, Jacobsen, Van Der Meyde, Castillo, Rodwell, Pienaar, Saha.

I'm with MikeO, 3-1 to us, Cahill, Fellaini and Jo, Agbombawhore for them. Villa Park is hard, but we're in form and they aren't.

Edited by The Regulator

This is going to be a game that I watch very nervously. Squeeky bum time me thinks.

Behave! 5-0 :rolleyes::P

With Aston Villa going downhill it could be an easier game than we think. If Howard stays protected then there will be no trouble turning them over. I think that we will walk away from the game with three points and Europe fully secured.

Edited by dark

This is a match I've looked forward to, as iggy says we owe them big time. At present the force is with us, our tails are up and we should and must be confident to go there and win, nothing else will do because a victory will show them all that we have earned our place in the league by playing good football. O'Neil must still regret his ' we are world beaters rant after their lucky win at our place as they have been going down ever since.

Edited by Jimmy the blue

Guest efctaxi

Will be a tough game , but I think win or lose , this won't decide 5th place on it's own .

On current form , I think it might be a draw .

Revenge for the Goodison defeat, can only be complete.....IF!

We are totaly outplayed, yet win it in the 94th minute!!

Although I don't want us to be outplayed, the three points are vital.

What had Martin O'Neil been on that day/night back at Goodison?, to even suggest that Villa deserved to win.That was the game that finally gave the defence (Evertons) the kick up the arse they needed, can't see Jagielka or Lescott taking their eye of the ball for this one.Remember how happy Lescott was when he smacked in our second goal?...and how Fuc%ed he looked when they raced away and stole their third.

This game will be massive in Lescotts mind!.....I can see the Villa watching Cahill and Fellaini at corners and free kicks, whilst all the time it's Lescotts name who will appear on the scoresheet.

0-1 Everton.

First 20 minutes are key, Villa have poor home record, if we can frustrate them or even nick a goal in the first 20 mins then we will do well.

Also depends how cahill playes in midfield, if he does as well as he did against Wigan then I am optomistic, but Barry and Petrov are good players, we need to stop them from bossing the midfield.

I think that Jo and Fellani will cause Villa all sorts of problems. If Osman and Pienaar play well then I can see their defence really struggling.

Our defence on the other hand is as solid as ever with Hibbert back, although Carew is a very good player he is very hit and miss, I hope he is the latter against us!

Revenge wil be high on the list, DM wont have any problems motivating the team!

I predict If we score first 3 - 0 to us

If they score first 2 - 2

Edited by London Blue

Some not very distressing injury news...

"Agbonlahor is ill with a virus and Cuellar has injured his back. However fitness tests will no doubt take place late Saturday, or early Sunday morning before the final decision on their availability is made."

It will be a tough game. And very important for both teams aswell. We have been playing ok at homegames, but like last awaygame at pompey we were looking awful after first 5-10 minutes. Hopefully we can keep the good momentum going, cause we have exciting(and very difficult) 3 games out of GP coming. Prolly this game is again one of those bad for my fingernails and blood pressure, but those games are also those were the victories taste the best. Positive thinking, but im gonna say we will win 1-2, after we are 1-0 down after first half and Jo will make hes first awaygoal for us(answer to DM challenge) and TC netting the winner just about full time whistle ;)

lescotts 2nd goal was incredible but i think we can with this as does most of the people on here

line up ill go

------------Howard--------------

Hibbo----Jags---Lesctt-----Baines

-------------Neville------------

--------Cahill-----------------

Osman-------------------Pienarr

-------------------Felliani

------------Jo

This pissed me off...on the beeb...

Aston Villa fans should be enjoying this afternoon so far. Arsenal, losing 1-0 at Wigan, have a six-point lead in fourth but they still have to play Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester United.

Steve Claridge said something similar on Final Score....no mention of Everton anywhere.

Have they not noticed that we are only one point back and on a vastly superior run of form?!? Doesn't take a brain surgeon to see that if we were to win tomorrow we'd be a much bigger threat than Villa are. Don't look beyond the end of their nose some people.

I prefer it that way Mike. Since our disastrous start we've quietly gone about our business and I think that's worked to our advantage. Tbh I wish Moyes wouldn't even mention that we need to beat Villa to keep alive our chances at fourth, lets keep the pressure off the boys.

I agree with that. It's a bit frustrating that we are not mentioned as a 'big club' and we are not mentioned in interviews like Mike mentioned but I think that it works to our advantage. It means that there is no weight on the lads shoulders and means that we can go into the game with a clear head. If there is no pressure then the game is going the be a hell of a lot easier to win.

I'd say that the best tactic is being un-noticed.

Aston Villa striker Gabriel Agbonlahor is doubtful with a virus while forward Emile Heskey, skipper Martin Laursen and Wilfred Bouma are all still out.

Defender Carlos Cuellar is suffering from a back problem so Zat Knight could earn a recall alongside Curtis Davies.

Aston Villa have injuries! :)

As someone has already said on here, I think it'll depend much on who gets the first goal. I do think they are due for win but I just don't see our lads letting them do the double on us. I think we'll win as long as we dont concede early maintain concentration in the final minutes. Been looking forward to this game for ages and hopefully it's gonna springboard us back into 5th, and give us impetus to push arsenal for 4th. COYB

As someone has already said on here, I think it'll depend much on who gets the first goal. I do think they are due for win but I just don't see our lads letting them do the double on us. I think we'll win as long as we dont concede early maintain concentration in the final minutes. Been looking forward to this game for ages and hopefully it's gonna springboard us back into 5th, and give us impetus to push arsenal for 4th. COYB

I'm nervous as hell about it. I'll have everything crossed come kick off :lol: