IGNORED

Aston Villa (away)

Romey 1878

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

reality check for next week moyes will give them a spray (manly the defense) but we are still only 1 point behind them

look id rather win next week then this week tbh but shit we just lost the plot i have no idea what lescott was thinking clear penalty but fucking hell im cut...

roll on next sunday i guess

reality check for next week moyes will give them a spray (manly the defense) but we are still only 1 point behind them

look id rather win next week then this week tbh but shit we just lost the plot i have no idea what lescott was thinking clear penalty but fucking hell im cut...

roll on next sunday i guess

Actually, who cares are we 5th or 6th, bit more money but nothing else. But like you said, only FA-Cup dream is on

howd jacobson look when he came on?

He didn't have a great deal of time on the ball to be honest he looks from the little i have seen of him to be ok played a few decent balls up top and looks to be pretty nippy but hasn't had enough time on the pitch to judge him properly.

Actually, who cares are we 5th or 6th, bit more money but nothing else. But like you said, only FA-Cup dream is on

With that little bit of extra money we could grab another up and coming young players from the lower leagues 500k i think it is? isn't that what we paid for seamus coleman?

SAME OLD VILLANS ALWAYS FUCKING CHEATING. I cant believe what i just watched. and the commontator on satanta needs fucking killing. Saying Fallini isnt a footballer and he doesnt know what hes doing on the field or what position is best for him because he cant head or use his feet...then saying he has history for elbowing???? he was being fouled ALL game by the TWO villa players marking him and nothing was said.

Im so fucked off right now AY wants to stay away from me for awhile.

Positives, we are still creating and taking chances! villa had ALOT of luck with there three goals today but Timmy Howard needs to wake up before next week or we will be slaughtered!

ASHLEY YOUNG is a diving cheat. How does he get away with so many???.

The ref fell for a few but at least he didnt fall for Youngs dive in the penaly box early in the 2nd half.

By the way Hibberts yellow card in the first half was after an Ashley Young dive too. I hate him.

At least the co-commentator was on his case in suggesting Young should get the soles of his boots sponsored.

Unbelievable... I cant believe we did't win that game am so pissed off now.

Everton played shite after that pen we just cudn't get the ball on the floor and play some football not just hitting it in the air and hoping Feliani or Cahill get there head on to it.

Got my doubts about the semi now. If we can't beat Villa after leading comfertably twice then how are we going to cope against Man U!

Overall I think Howard had his worst game of the season just didn't look up to it today same with Hibbert and Jo.

Edit: Also i agree the co-commentator on Setanta is a twit and Villa are cheats.

Edited by Josh Berno

Great game for the neutral, hell on earth for the fans!

We played some great football, passing was very good, movement to, the whole team looked very well ballanced and cohesive. Howard was poor, he just doesnt inspire confidence when dealing with crosses, wether its due to injury or loss of confidence I dont know.

The defence played ok I thought, the Carew goal was howards blunder, the free kick shouldnt of been given for Milners goal, it was never a foul. Howard should have alligned his wall better. The pen wasnt a pen, you those types of attempted clearences week in and week out in the prem.

Young is a dirty diving cheat. I used to really like him but not now. Same for MON used to think he was a great manager but now he is so blinkerd and annoying I just cant stand him.

would have settled for a point before so not to dissapointed but we were so close to winning - just goes to show that 1 or 2 things can change a game.

COYB

Bit of a hotch potch today

Tim Howard...............flapped too many times for my liking, he was under pressure with crosses all day....................5/10

Leighton Baines...........caught out of position far to many times for my liking....................5/10

Tony Hibbert..............Oh dear, back to the old Hibbo once he was booked, he couldn't cope with the antics of the Villa diving team and our defence suffered 4/10

Jags and Lescott..........worked overtime to keep them out, it was a more than generous decision to give them a penalty 7/10 each

Phil Neville........a good skippers display, he kept them out on more than one occcasion single handedly 7/10

Mo Fellaini............reasonable display took his goal well but disappeared towards the end of the match. At times he looked lost by the pace of the game 6/10

The Pieman.....................IMO his best game for us, he scored a magnificent goal 8/10 MOM for me

Tim Cahill.................tireless as always, his leaps put salmon to shame 7/10

Jo.............unlike other games he did at least try with no success. I always felt that Villa could second guess him everytime 5/10

Leon Osman.................did he play, he was back to his reclusive best with his short passing being bloody awful at times 5/10

Saha....................did absolutely nothing in the ten minutes hye was on, he is a shadow of his former self 4/10

Jacobson..................was instantly better than the very poor Hibbert, his timing was far better although his short passing game doesn't appear to be the best 6/10

Ashley Young.....................a decent young player who is turning into a diving, moaning cheating two faced prick who goes down when hardly touched like a sack of spuds, I dispise the cheat nearly as much as Ronaldo

Ashley Young.....................a decent young player who is turning into a diving, moaning cheating two faced prick who goes down when hardly touched like a sack of spuds, I dispise the cheat nearly as much as Ronaldo

Couldn't agree more Jimmy the lad is a complete tw-t and what really gets me is how abvious he is and yet the men in black can never see it!! Hope the little shit gets taxed again for being a cocky shite.

From a fan site when he was at Watford http://www.bsad.org/colinwho/young.html

Edited by EFC-Paul

unfortunate not to get the win after being up 2 goals twice.. but i do think a draw is a reasonable result .. we should have kept playing football after the 2-0 and none of this would have happened..

apart from the stupid penalty foul, i actually think Lescott was our MOTM.. he dominated carew most of the game and won all the headers he needed to win..

webb could (should?) have sent of fellaini twice near the end of the game .... he completely disappeared in the last 20 minutes except for two elbows ..

hope he works on his conditioning in the offseason, he needs it.

If there was a game to show that we're not read to gatecrash the Top 4 that was it. We absolutely crumbled under the pressure. We were so comfortable at 2-0 and dominating the game, so why did we sit back and stop doing the things that were dominating Villa? We let Villa back into the game and we couldn't handle their pace and then we just couldn't get back into gear. Ever time Villa had the ball they looked like scoring, we're lucky to come away with a bloody point tbh! They were there for a right stuffing today and we fucked it up. Let Manure have that much time and space on the ball and we'll be in for an embarrassing result this time next week.

Howard - Stunk Villa Park out today, fucking awful. I'm not his biggest fan anyway but he even fell below my expectations for him today. I hope we're on the look out for a new keeper tbh.

Hibbert - I'd been wondering when the real Tony Hibbert would stand up, today was the day. He was shocking and Young raped him time and time again. That meant Osman and Neville had to come back to help him out all the time, messing with the balance of our midfield.

Jagielka - The only member of our defence to come away with any credit today IMO. He was his usual self and had to deal with a lot more than he should have because of how shite the other 3 were.

Lescott - I thought he all over the place today. He did not cope with Carew at all; not in the air and not on the floor either. I don't see how anyone can argue with the pen. If he'd have kicked a player in the head outside of the box it'd have been a foul, so it can't be any different inside the box.

Baines - Going forward he was decent and got a good assist, but defensively he was absysmal. Dwelled on the ball in dangerous positions and got beat by Milner on far too many occasions.

Osman - Although he didn't quite hit the heights of his last game he still put in a decent shift and showed some nice touches.

Cahill - Apart from his goal I thought he was terrible. He was another who dwelled on the ball far too often and he offered no protection to the defence and I can't remember him putting in many challenges.

Neville - Another typical captains performance from Pip, he's having a great season.

Pienaar - I've been his harshest critic over the past few weeks but he had an excellent game today. He was a creative spark for us today and took his goal sublimely. Not to mention he worked his arse off defensively for us too, and fuck me did we need that. My MOTM.

Fellaini - He went missing towards the end of the game but before that I thought he was one of our better players. He was was calm on the ball for the most part and he rarely gave the ball away. I do wish he'd look more for the pass forward instead of automatically passing it backwards.

Jo - When we played well for the first 30 minutes so did he, for the rest of the game when we were absolute shite so was he.

If there was a game to show that we're not read to gatecrash the Top 4 that was it. We absolutely crumbled under the pressure. We were so comfortable at 2-0 and dominating the game, so why did we sit back and stop doing the things that were dominating Villa? We let Villa back into the game and we couldn't handle their pace and then we just couldn't get back into gear. Ever time Villa had the ball they looked like scoring, we're lucky to come away with a bloody point tbh! They were there for a right stuffing today and we fucked it up. Let Manure have that much time and space on the ball and we'll be in for an embarrassing result this time next week.

Howard - Stunk Villa Park out today, fucking awful. I'm not his biggest fan anyway but he even fell below my expectations for him today. I hope we're on the look out for a new keeper tbh.

Hibbert - I'd been wondering when the real Tony Hibbert would stand up, today was the day. He was shocking and Young raped him time and time again. That meant Osman and Neville had to come back to help him out all the time, messing with the balance of our midfield.

Jagielka - The only member of our defence to come away with any credit today IMO. He was his usual self and had to deal with a lot more than he should have because of how shite the other 3 were.

Lescott - I thought he all over the place today. He did not cope with Carew at all; not in the air and not on the floor either. I don't see how anyone can argue with the pen. If he'd have kicked a player in the head outside of the box it'd have been a foul, so it can't be any different inside the box.

Baines - Going forward he was decent and got a good assist, but defensively he was absysmal. Dwelled on the ball in dangerous positions and got beat by Milner on far too many occasions.

Osman - Although he didn't quite hit the heights of his last game he still put in a decent shift and showed some nice touches.

Cahill - Apart from his goal I thought he was terrible. He was another who dwelled on the ball far too often and he offered no protection to the defence and I can't remember him putting in many challenges.

Neville - Another typical captains performance from Pip, he's having a great season.

Pienaar - I've been his harshest critic over the past few weeks but he had an excellent game today. He was a creative spark for us today and took his goal sublimely. Not to mention he worked his arse off defensively for us too, and fuck me did we need that. My MOTM.

Fellaini - He went missing towards the end of the game but before that I thought he was one of our better players. He was was calm on the ball for the most part and he rarely gave the ball away. I do wish he'd look more for the pass forward instead of automatically passing it backwards.

Jo - When we played well for the first 30 minutes so did he, for the rest of the game when we were absolute shite so was he.

Pretty much my thoughts on todays performance aswell particually the Howard part he is starting to become a weak link in this team of late his area command is absolute shite and has no presence in his own area i have actually thought he's been pretty shite for most parts of this season and would have been far more abvious if not for are top defensive displays if he plays like that against United we are fucked.

Edited by EFC-Paul

Guest efctaxi

I know we're all disappointed , but I don't think we played that bad really , and for periods of the match played quite well .

We were always going to struggle against their pace , and lots of decisions didn't go our way .

Howard had another bad day again , but we knew he wasn't fit , but I don't suppose Moyes wanted to drop him in such an important match .

Glad Pienaar got a goal , as it might give him a taste for them now , but the draw will have dampened his spirits .

Defensive wise , we were guilty today of switching off when we were winning , and obviously haven't learned our lesson from the first match .

I'll bet I'm not the only one who knew that free kick was going to be a goal , as that was the way it seemed to go .

Stupid goals to give away , but maybe a fair result on the day , given that they can only score when we let them .

Our own fault today , and 2 points dropped for sure .

Really gutted to slip up.

The biggest and most depressing thing about today was the wanky commentary and chat from there team.

Craig Burley is a penis, and why have they got Tim 'Nobody is going to break into the top 4 apart from Spurs' Sherwood on the team. Another bellend. I couldn't believe that this game was not on Villa TV, with partisan Villa commentators the way Burley was carrying. Nothing but a has-been.

Pretty much my thoughts on todays performance aswell particually the Howard part he is starting to become a weak link in this team of late his area command is absolute shite and has no presence in his own area i have actually thought he's been pretty shite for most parts of this season and would have been far more abvious if not for are top defensive displays if he plays like that against United we are fucked.

He still pulled off a cracking save in the dying minutes, could have lost that one 4-3, its the way the team play in front of him that causes him problems.