IGNORED

Aston Villa (away)

Romey 1878

He still pulled off a cracking save in the dying minutes, could have lost that one 4-3, its the way the team play in front of him that causes him problems.

I was pissed off yesterday so my judgement of him was a little harsh :P in saying that i think he caused our defense unnessercary pressure as he couldn't come and catch the ball if its near the six yard area it should be in Howards hands.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am gutted about yesterdays result as I think they were there for the taking and we missed a great opportunity to go into next weekends game on a real high, however lets not forget we got a good point against a top side away from home ( i just wish we would start winning some of these away games now rather than picking up draws as we seem to have goodison back to being a fortress).

Lets get off howards back though, he has been solid as always this season (as have all the back 5) and yes he has had a couple of blips lately but I think a lot of what happenend yesterday was down to his injury, he didnt look like he could jump properely and hardly even left the ground coming for those crosses, its pretty obvious that moyes doesnt have any confidence in nash otherwise he would have played him, maybe we need to get a good back up gk in the summer to give tim some real competition.

So you are saying in all the time Stevie P has been he has never played better than 8/10?????

Wow you got it in one.................he huffs and puffs and comes up with nothing so many times. because someone works hard, which the little guy normally does, you have to look at an end product which he had yesterday, at last.

Lets get off howards back though, he has been solid as always this season (as have all the back 5) and yes he has had a couple of blips lately but I think a lot of what happenend yesterday was down to his injury, he didnt look like he could jump properely and hardly even left the ground coming for those crosses

Not on his back he had a very poor game and as with any other player they will get and deserve crtitism its school boy errors if he had not have flapped and completely missed the ball with that cross they would not have scored which sent us into meltdown he had a few lucky escapes where he couldn't keep hold of the ball yesterday.

I like Howard and he has done well for us considering his price tag but he is shit at coming off his line and can not handle crosses which are two massive parts of a keepers game it has nothing to do with injury if thats the case he's had a straigned muscle since his days at United.

To me he cost us the game yesterday as we where in control until that point and im dreading him having a shocker again against United.

Not on his back he had a very poor game and as with any other player they will get and deserve crtitism its school boy errors if he had not have flapped and completely missed the ball with that cross they would not have scored which sent us into meltdown he had a few lucky escapes where he couldn't keep hold of the ball yesterday.

I like Howard and he has done well for us considering his price tag but he is shit at coming off his line and can not handle crosses which are two massive parts of a keepers game it has nothing to do with injury if thats the case he's had a straigned muscle since his days at United.

To me he cost us the game yesterday as we where in control until that point and im dreading him having a shocker again against United.

Hmmm, I am tending to agree with that. He looked shaky, unsure and damn right nervous, which is far from his form of a month or so ago. Starting to feel nervous about him being in goal next week...

SAME OLD VILLANS ALWAYS FUCKING CHEATING. I cant believe what i just watched. and the commontator on satanta needs fucking killing. Saying Fallini isnt a footballer and he doesnt know what hes doing on the field or what position is best for him because he cant head or use his feet...then saying he has history for elbowing???? he was being fouled ALL game by the TWO villa players marking him and nothing was said.

Im so fucked off right now AY wants to stay away from me for awhile.

Positives, we are still creating and taking chances! villa had ALOT of luck with there three goals today but Timmy Howard needs to wake up before next week or we will be slaughtered!

:D

Heard one pundit say that after three games between Everton and villa, it was too tight to call!

WHAT.......We were robed in the game at Goodison in the league! (we were the better team)

...............We out played them in the cup,(we were by far the better team)

................Yesterday, they fought back to get a draw (for most of the game we were the better team)

Now perhaps my Blue specs need claening!......BUT I'd say we ARE the better team.Don't give a shit about league tables and all that!!

Unless we want to see whose best between us and a team below US in that table :rolleyes:

Howard - Stunk Villa Park out today, fucking awful. I'm not his biggest fan anyway but he even fell below my expectations for him today. I hope we're on the look out for a new keeper tbh.

okay i hope your not serious first off......"looking for a new keeper." Unless you think Everton has enough money to pay for any STARTING keeper from the top four than i think your nuts. Granted he had a bad game against villa and could have prevented one goal. you have to remember you cant blame EVERYTHING on him. its a game with 10 other people on the pitch and it could have been prevented way before the ball got crossed in.

Ya he sucked at villa and prob cost us the points. I just dont think its far that you go and say "i hope we're on the look out of a new keeper" have to remember he did play for United and if it wasnt for them paying the money for one of the top keepers in the world he would still be there, most likely starting for them. i am an american and i have seen howard play a lot from his college days, to mls, and now with Everton (thats not why im a fan). He does have trouble with crosses at times, and wouldnt blame the bad game on the injuried leg. its deff something he needs to work on. Some games he is great at it..some not so much. give him a break he has been great for everton ever since he stepped foot on the grounds. and im sure you have more positive than negative to say about him when you look at the whole season

from Cali.... EFC!!!!!!!

I'm not saying I hope we're looking for a new keeper simply based on the Villa game though. He started the season terribly and made mistake after mistake. He's also been responsible for a number of the goal we've recently conceded. He's a flapper and he can't control his area, he also struggles with his communication with the defence (e.g. you regularly see Lescott or Jagielka having to put the ball out for a throw because he's failed to come and collect the ball), his kicking under pressure is shocking.

IMO we should be looking at better than Tim Howard.

okay i hope your not serious first off......"looking for a new keeper." Unless you think Everton has enough money to pay for any STARTING keeper from the top four than i think your nuts. Granted he had a bad game against villa and could have prevented one goal. you have to remember you cant blame EVERYTHING on him. its a game with 10 other people on the pitch and it could have been prevented way before the ball got crossed in.

Ya he sucked at villa and prob cost us the points. I just dont think its far that you go and say "i hope we're on the look out of a new keeper" have to remember he did play for United and if it wasnt for them paying the money for one of the top keepers in the world he would still be there, most likely starting for them. i am an american and i have seen howard play a lot from his college days, to mls, and now with Everton (thats not why im a fan). He does have trouble with crosses at times, and wouldnt blame the bad game on the injuried leg. its deff something he needs to work on. Some games he is great at it..some not so much. give him a break he has been great for everton ever since he stepped foot on the grounds. and im sure you have more positive than negative to say about him when you look at the whole season

from Cali.... EFC!!!!!!!

You were swaying the argument for me until you said that...........................

but in all honestly..... I do think he cost us the game against Villa... Both the first two goals in my opinion were down to him....

What was he doing for the first one... urgh and although the free kick was decent you could see exactly what was coming.... his positioning was awful

Edited by DangerMouse

i think hes a great keeper and yeah hes liable to make these kind of mistakes but if you look at some of the saves he makes aswell he stops far more goals than his mistakes give them away imo. if we had a huge budget maybe look for a new keeper but i see no reason to use any of the money we may have trying to buy one i mean people like craig gordon cost more than two times what howard did and is a worse keeper i think. the guys record is very good i think and he some record set by southall i think? and is only a couple clean sheets away this season from beating another! now considering the start we made i think thats fantastic! the defence hasnt been playing that great either lately i dont think and look at goalkeepers like reina? why is he so good when his defence dont play that well he concedes loads of goals! oly reason he doesnt concede that many is cos of players like carragher and mascherano! howards had a bad spell of late and early this season but when hes on form which i think he has been most his everton career he is terrific!

i like howard, he did as everyone point out, have a bad game, and just recently has looked a bit shaky, now and again, his form can be a bit "scatty" i hope to god, he plays well next week!.. But its not just howards fault, we have this way, were we invite pressure on ourselves, towards the end of the first half, villa had bout 4 -5 corners in a row, we just lose our heads, it takes one player with a cool head just to take the pressure of the team, but instead, especially with corners, we fluff are lines and it goes straight back to the opposition. It frustrated me at the end of the half, cos i dont believe we see out games that well either side of halves, we allow the other team to gain some momentum... One part of evertons game of late now, is to make sure the job is done, its ok scoring and taking the lead, but in the last 3 weeks, we have let 3 oppurtunities to to take 3 points slip from our grasp (portsmouth) (and the two 2 goal leads we had against villa)

Anyhow, lets look forward to man u and hope we get somethin special from that, although a certain manc scumbag is refereeing :angry:

The reason for me that Howard has kept so many cleen sheets is not down to him its been our back four more notably Jags and Lescott thats the reason Howard was poor at the start of the season because those lads where well off the pace. He can stop shots and is a decent keeper but thats his job look at Gomes the guy is shite for most part but can pull off some good saves and i wouldn't want him between the sticks here.

A keeper has to protect his goal simple: stop shots :catch crosses :command his area and defence out of the three key points he is fairly good at one i dont dislike Howard far from it i like the guy but he a just above average Premiership keeper at best if he was any different he would still be at United i dont want to see us get rid but bring in someone who could challenge him and move him aside if his game is piss poor.

Edited by EFC-Paul

Who would you like to replace him with, ??? Peeps and pundits keep talking about how bad Gomes is but he's keeping Cudicini on the bench so he cant be that bad, I'd take Cudicini here in place of Howard, i think he would be available.

I wouldn't want him replaced as such just another good keeper to keep him on his toes and if need be replace him. I would like Cudicini he's a great keeper who probably needs a good run of games before Cech went to Chelsea Cudicini was probably the best keeper in the world for me i was shocked he became a no2.

I know a few Spurs fans who think he gets games due to his price tag if he was here and we paid £7.8 mil for a keeper to warm his arse id be pretty pissed myself, He does as i've said make very good saves but as with Howard he flaps at crosses and struggles to hold on to the ball.

Edited by EFC-Paul

Who would you like to replace him with, ??? Peeps and pundits keep talking about how bad Gomes is but he's keeping Cudicini on the bench so he cant be that bad, I'd take Cudicini here in place of Howard, i think he would be available.

Excellent point Bill that is why I would like us to have a reserve keeper capable of pressing Tim for his jersey in the long term. From what I've seen the best of the rest seems to be the young lad at Peterborough who we've checked a few times, no body on our books at present is up to it

You were swaying the argument for me until you said that...........................

but in all honestly..... I do think he cost us the game against Villa... Both the first two goals in my opinion were down to him....

What was he doing for the first one... urgh and although the free kick was decent you could see exactly what was coming.... his positioning was awful

only reason why i pointed out i was american is because ive seen more games of him, being in the states. but if you choose to judge me because i am american thats fine. there are people in the country that know football and shouldnt be looked at poorly.

ya we have a long way to go. but i believe i was born in the wrong country and hope to some day move to england and make every EVERTON match.

Bring on UNITED!!!

Guest efctaxi
only reason why i pointed out i was american is because ive seen more games of him, being in the states. but if you choose to judge me because i am american thats fine. there are people in the country that know football and shouldnt be looked at poorly.

ya we have a long way to go. but i believe i was born in the wrong country and hope to some day move to england and make every EVERTON match.

Bring on UNITED!!!

Just don't move to Liverpool , or your Cadilac will be on bricks before you know it :lol:

I think Villa will be made up with their result because they came back from 2 goals down twice, as for us, it feels like we have conceeded a major loss :|

Howard Webb's penalty decision was a howler, normally I think Webb is rather good but that was terrible. Lescott had his eyes on the ball!!

I think Villa will be made up with their result because they came back from 2 goals down twice, as for us, it feels like we have conceeded a major loss :|

Howard Webb's penalty decision was a howler, normally I think Webb is rather good but that was terrible. Lescott had his eyes on the ball!!

he certainly did, but we should have cleared it before it got the box, plus, if were to look at it a bit more closely, lescott didnt really have to go full pelt with an acrobatic clearance, it only took him to kick it out for a throw or even a corner, sensible defending is the key to keeping teams out, unfortunately it was the wrong decision by lescott, obv by the looks of things he didnt know petrov was there, but he may think otherwise next time in that same situation!