IGNORED

Pfa Awards.

Nominations are,

1) Van der Saar, well i suppose with the record clean sheets he was in with a shout.

2) Vidic, has been particularly consistent apart from maybe a very poor game against Liverpool, so suppose he was in with a squeak.

3) Ronaldo, well he hasn't kept up to last years standards and i think he's there this year on reputation alone.

4) Ferdinand, yet another Man U nominee, can't see how he has got in this year, there have been many more consistent players.

5) Giggs, oh what a surprise another United player gets in, hardly played, has hardly done anything of note, so i really can't see how he has got in, well looks like a sentimental choice for me.

6) Gerrard, as much as it galls people to say it but a very worthy choice, he's up against Man Utd on his own on this, a bit like Liverpool every week, and favourite in my book.

What about jagielka, far more consistent than Ferdinand this year and has done more for us than Giggs has for Utd, Torres not even in there, very strange voting this year.

The voting is shite this year. Ronaldo does not deserve to be there, Giggs has barely played half the games this year and has only played moderetly well while playing and is only there for sympathy. Vidic has done well and deserves to be there, Ferdinand has not been spectacular and does not deserve to be there. Personally I think that Jags deserves to be there more, or on a less biased note Carragher or Hangeland.

However, Gerrard should win it. Been the best by a long way this season.

Guest efctaxi

All the votes had to be in by March 16 .

Giggs had played 11 matches , Ferdinand was out for 2 months , Van Der Sar kept clean sheets , but not lately , and Crikey , he has 10 United players in fron of him . My Gran could keep clean sheets for United , and she's been dead a while now .

Vidic has played ok ( untill he ran into a real striker ) , and Ronaldo isn't exactly playing at his best .

5 UTD players + Captain Fantastic ?

Bit of a joke :blink:

If Ronaldo gets it I'll scream <_<

1) Van der Saar - He has the back four to thank for his clean sheet record. Since it slipped goals have been going in left right and centre. When Vidic let him down he had a shocker. IMO I would rather have Howard.

2) Vidic - Has been particularly consistent apart from maybe a very poor game against Liverpool, so suppose he was in with a squeak. [2]

3) Ronaldo - He is a fantastic player and has done well this season but nothing to get him the PFA Award. He is there just because of what he did last season and the whole background he has. Great player but best player this season? ...Nope

4) Ferdinand - I've seen cum that can play better football than Ferdinand.

5) Giggs - Yes he's a good player but christ. He has hardly played this season. Give it to someone that deserves it like Jagileka. What is this the PFA MUFC Awards? Christ, either that or Alex picked the nominees.

6) Gerrard - For all I can't stand the arsehole he's been good this season. But here's my Everton side coming through, because its him he shoulden't win on the basis that it's Steven Gerrard. He could score 100 goals in a single season and I'd still be miffed that he's on the list. I hope Vidic wins, I don't know why he's just the second best behind this tosser.

1) Van der Saar - He has the back four to thank for his clean sheet record. Since it slipped goals have been going in left right and centre. When Vidic let him down he had a shocker. IMO I would rather have Howard.

2) Vidic - Has been particularly consistent apart from maybe a very poor game against Liverpool, so suppose he was in with a squeak. [2]

3) Ronaldo - He is a fantastic player and has done well this season but nothing to get him the PFA Award. He is there just because of what he did last season and the whole background he has. Great player but best player this season? ...Nope

4) Ferdinand - I've seen cum that can play better football than Ferdinand.

5) Giggs - Yes he's a good player but christ. He has hardly played this season. Give it to someone that deserves it like Jagileka. What is this the PFA MUFC Awards? Christ, either that or Alex picked the nominees.

6) Gerrard - For all I can't stand the arsehole he's been good this season. But here's my Everton side coming through, because its him he shoulden't win on the basis that it's Steven Gerrard. He could score 100 goals in a single season and I'd still be miffed that he's on the list. I hope Vidic wins, I don't know why he's just the second best behind this tosser.

How you can say VDS is only good because of his back four then barely praise Vidic and say Ferdinand is awful is beyond me.

Vidic cannot play without Ferdinand. Ferdinand is probably one of the best readers of the game in modern football, his anticipation and pace make him the second best sweeping centre back in the league (after Carvalho) and probably the best this season. Without his sweeper, Vidic can't be the destroyer.

Personally the list (in order) for me should be:

1) Steven Gerrard

2) Nemanja Vidic

3) Phil Jagielka

4) Cristiano Ronaldo

5) Fernando Torres

6) No idea here, nobody else really deserves it. Toss up between people like Tim Cahill and Anelka for impact made during the season.

Edited by Grarghsies

Another weird and wonderful bit of information from Alan Hansen. In his opinion Ryan Giggs should win the PFA Award this time round. Like its been said on the forum he shoulden't be in the list nevermind winning the whole event. He's not had the best of seasons for playing nevermind skill and it seems like a bit of a farce to have five Manchester United players in the mix when players like Jagielka have done phenominal all season.

Hanson says:

If I were to cast a vote for my winner then I would have to go for Ryan Giggs. This may surprise many of you of who’d expect me to back a fellow centre-back in Nemanja Vidic or Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard. But for me, Ryan has enjoyed a great season and has played an integral part in United’s success both in this campaign and over the years. When Ryan plays he performs to a very high standard. He is also very much a ‘team’ man in terms of his great work-rate and responsibility on the pitch. Not only have his performances been excellent but he is also a great ambassador for both his club and the game in general.

It's a load of crap.

VDS is about the fifth best keeper in the premiership - he had a decent run which was largely down his defence but player of the year?

Giggs got a nomination because he is old.

Ferdinand has relied on Vidic a hell of a lot and been injured for ages.

Gerrard hasn't even been our best player this year, Alonso has.

And if Vidic gets in what about Jagielka from your lot? To be fair the latter had Torres in his pocket. The former was ripped to shreds.

It's a load of crap.

VDS is about the fifth best keeper in the premiership - he had a decent run which was largely down his defence but player of the year?

And if Vidic gets in what about Jagielka from your lot? To be fair the latter had Torres in his pocket. The former was ripped to shreds.

We've got to love you SR, nice one :lol::lol::lol:

It's a load of crap.

He was my shout behind Jags ;)

It seems that everyone wants Giggs. He's been the most tipped to win it and the firm Coral have halted the betting on him. This season he just dosen't seem to have done enough to warrent the PFA Award. The bookmakers only had Nemanja Vidic and Steven Gerrard ahead of the player in the running. It's come as a surprise to me because I don't even know why he is in there. :(

"We had Giggs in as the third favourite at 11-2 behind the big two fancies, Vidic and Gerrard, and had seen a number of small bets," said Coral. "But then today the market really livened up when we were asked for a couple of four-figure bets for the United star, both in the Manchester area.''

From what ive heard some bookies have suspended beting on giggs as apprently jamie redknapp and a couple of mates have thrown on a couple of million for him to win it, apprently it was leaked he will win it.

My mate told me he read it, dno where like but...

Giggs is a certainty. Complete travesty but he'll get it just because he never has before.

I know it's not very scientific but if you look at fantasy points this season (from the Telegraph which includes league and FA Cup games, five points for a goal, three (or is it two :mellow: ) for an assist and five for MOTM he comes in as the 37th best performing midfielder in the league behind Lampard, Ronaldo, Gerrard, Taylor, Arteta, Ireland, Denilson, Cahill, Milner, Osman, Dempsey, Downing, Simon Davies, Barry, Murphy, Nasri, Geovanni, Modric, Wright-Phillips, Lennon, Brunt, Malbranque, Young, Benayoun, Malouda, Koren, Riera, Fellaini, Carrick, Ballack, Alonso, Greening, Petrov, Valencia, Delap, Morrison and he ties with Arshavin :blink: .

Well deserved accolade plainly :rolleyes: .