IGNORED

Promotion

Steve Coppell has quit Reading after their 2-0 defeat to Burnley. :o

When the going gets tough, the Coppell gets going :D

He wanted go when Reading went down from the Prem but Madjeski persuaded him to stay on, not the first (or probably last) time that he has quit a club.....

He's still done a good job there and I would not blame him at all for leaving. He has done all he can at the club, and he is still Reading's most succesful manager. He was also the 5th longest serving manager in English football. I can't see him having any great success anywhere else now though, I think that Reading was a good fit for him and he entered the club with little pressure and not really a great name or reputation within managment so there was little pressure on him.

Who do people think will take over at Reading now?

Also, congrats to Burnley. I have alot or respect for Owen Coyle. Great manager. Two cracking goals last night from Burnley as well.

He's still done a good job there and I would not blame him at all for leaving. He has done all he can at the club, and he is still Reading's most succesful manager. He was also the 5th longest serving manager in English football. I can't see him having any great success anywhere else now though, I think that Reading was a good fit for him and he entered the club with little pressure and not really a great name or reputation within managment so there was little pressure on him.

Who do people think will take over at Reading now?

Also, congrats to Burnley. I have alot or respect for Owen Coyle. Great manager. Two cracking goals last night from Burnley as well.

Yeah well done to them, unlucky not to be in the Carling Cup final, good luck to them against Sheffield United. Another factor of them being promoted would be the headache it would cause the kit manufactorers of Villa, West Ham and them... The same jersey x3, and not even an away strip was good enough for the ref this season when Villa played West Ham.....

'Mike Dean has been named as the referee for the Coca-Cola Championship Play-Off Final at Wembley.'

I'm not really bothered who gets promoted to be honest. It would be better if Sheffield United got back into the Premiership I guess but even though they had this whole Tevez saga I always think to myself, if they would have actually played good football they woulden't have been in that kinda' mess. Burnley looked good this year in the lower league and could do a Hull next season methinks. We'll see what happens at the final. Should a good contest ;)

Sorry you never made it mate, my money is on Burnley and all their old players :lol:

The most annoying part is that if the 6-0 hammering at Preston was a 5-0....we would have made the play offs :blink:

Well we'll lose a few players, gain a few pounds and try a half-arsed attempt to get up again next year....

And although like my dad before a bottle of brandy getting up seems like an impossible task, I'm sure if Newcastle and Borough get relegated getting up will be like my dad after a bottle of brandy.....automatic <_<

The play-off comes to a close today with Burnely against Sheffield. It's going to be a 33 year wait that Burnely are hoping to break as they make a return whereas Sheffield are hoping to bounce back after they were sent down not long ago. With the Tevez-saga sorted they will be relishing the fact that Premier League is back on the cards.

Venue: Wembley

KO: 3:00

Coverage: BBC Radio

ToffeeTalk Commentator: I will do some updates for this game. :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...v_1/8060970.stm

Thanks for the updates dark mate :lol: .

Burnley join the party. Harsh on United but I'm pleased to see a new team come and have a go. They've had a great season, good luck to them!.

That's a bit of a surprise! Good luck to them, though. Will be interesting to see how they do.

On a side note, does it seem to anyone else like the EPL is becoming more and more concentrated in certain parts of the country every year? With Burnley going up, that means next year 17 of the 20 clubs are going to be based either in Greater London, Greater Manchester, Liverpool, Lancashire, or the West Midlands. The Sunderland, Hull, and Portsmouth fans are going to be logging a ton of miles if they plan to travel with their teams next season.

This is the right way for Burnley if they want to have any success in the Premiership.

Burnley chairman Barry Kilby has revealed in-demand manager Owen Coyle is "very close" to signing a two-year extension to his current contract.