IGNORED

Old Firm Moving To The Premiership?

Guest efctaxi

How can you let 2 clubs in and not the others ?

Scotland is a totally different Country , with it's own leagues and own parliament . It's their own responsibility to develop their own sporting culture . What would happen to their leagues if Celtic and Rangers left ?

We as a nation are very hypocritical when it comes to sport .

We only allow people to represent England / Britain when they are winners , searching high and low for any evidence that can establish them as having ancestorial roots deep enough to call them English , or British , so it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Celtic were the best team in the world , that our governing bodies would readily embrace them , and get out the big ' English / British' stamping machine .

That's how pathetic and desperate we are .

One day , there may be a super league , containing European teams which they might be able to play in , and will probably be exclusive to only the richest clubs .

Untill then , awee wath yee ya wee Scortash monny grarbarz :P

BTW .....

rangerscleanupPA_468x307.jpg

Take your litter home with you :angry:

i know, and this year they would have had no chance.

teams like wolves birmingham bristol city reading and the rest of the top half are capable of beating them on their day.

i have been impressed with swansea and that roberto martinez, they play some nice football just been promoted from league 1. they will be in the prem within 5 years

iam from wales but live in newcastle now and i would love to see cardiff or swansea in the premier league.... :lol:

Im a big Celtic fan after Everton, grew up watching Everton and Celtic with me Dad. But Personally i wouldnt want Celtic and Rangers to join the the Premier League because id hate watching Everton and Celtic compete each season and it would kill off the SPL.

On the other hand i would love to give Rangers a good kickin on the pitch twice a season, but i dont think Celtic or Rangers could cope in the PL. Alot of good teams in the PL and the SPL only has Hearts that offer a real challenge to either team.

Guest Reg Reagan

dont want them

dont need them

what benefits are they going to bring to the premiership?

they are going to get smashed in every game they play so there no point having them in the premier league. they might as well stick with scottish league

FA again :mellow:

Southampton will be relegated from the Championship after being docked 10 points by the Football League. The penalty comes after the club's parent company went into administration at the start of April. Southampton are currently four points off safety with two games to go and, even if they beat the drop, they will be deducted 10 points.

This has got to be one of the worst rules in the game at the moment.

Guest efctaxi
FA again :mellow:

This has got to be one of the worst rules in the game at the moment.

I've looked on the map of Scotland but can't find Southampton anywhere :D

Maybe he's one sided but O'Neill is all for the move, I'm unsure if I agree with his point though :mellow:?

"I think Celtic and Rangers joining would enhance the Premier League and make us all strive to get better," O'Neill told Aston Villa's television channel AVTV on Wednesday.

I know that it's making the SPL a shite league with the Old Firm but that dosen't mean that they should get free entry into the English league. I'm not overly arsed what happens. I just feel that if they do come down here then its for the right reasons. It's a massive points gap at the moment in the Scottish League between Hearts & Rangers so you can see both sides to the argument...

Maybe he's one sided but O'Neill is all for the move, I'm unsure if I agree with his point though :mellow:?

I know that it's making the SPL a shite league with the Old Firm but that dosen't mean that they should get free entry into the English league. I'm not overly arsed what happens. I just feel that if they do come down here then its for the right reasons. It's a massive points gap at the moment in the Scottish League between Hearts & Rangers so you can see both sides to the argument...

This is getting stupid, we have an Irishman telling us what is best for our league. He is biased as he managed Celtic, they are not wanted here by the fans and surely that is what counts. When trouble returns to the streets, as it certainly will if those two come here what will O'Neil say then................................he is rapidly becoming the second biggest tosser to manage in the Prem

Edited by Jimmy the blue

Guest efctaxi

There would be crowd problems at too many matches like Jimmy said .

Nothing against either team , but I would much rather they stay where they are .

• 2 weeks later...
Guest efctaxi
Both of them go head to head at 12:30 today. C'mon Celtic! <3 :)

Interesting :lol:

premvfirm.jpg

No offense meant :angel:

Edited by efctaxi

both clubs would struggle in the premiership...bottom half.

i think it would be a bad move from their point of view but i also think it would be wrong to allow them to join. they should have to work their way up from the lower leagues like everyone else

I follow Rangers myself so I'm liking the score atm :P

Don't get carried away Mark, we'll get the title yet ;)

both clubs would struggle in the premiership...bottom half.

i think it would be a bad move from their point of view but i also think it would be wrong to allow them to join. they should have to work their way up from the lower leagues like everyone else

I think that both clubs would struggle due to finances. They will not have the money to bring in the right kinda' players. They have proved in Champions League games that they can beat big clubs but I doubt they could do it week in week out. Don't think relegation is on the cards, they could cruise past the likes of West Brom and Stoke.

Idm what happens.

I follow Rangers myself so I'm liking the score atm :P

I've always preferred rangers over celtic(mccoist).

AC over Inter (gullit).

Marsielle over PSG (waddle/boli).

and I used to love ajax because of all the class youngsters!

For some reason I never had preference between real and barca even though I've got family in madrid.

Only just occured that if this move were to occur, it would prove to be absolutely disastrous for Scottish football. Removing two of the best teams would seriously lower the standard, and it illustrates the sheer arrogance of these two clubs stating that they are so much better than anyone else, for all the people that jump up and down in the SPL that the Old Firm are dominating them leaving the league would actually have negative effect.

Also nice fact;

'That being the case, it's easy to see why the Premier League is stuffed to the brim with cash. Dimitar Berbatov transferred from Tottenham to Manchester United for £30m-plus in the summer. The record transfer between two Scottish clubs is only £4.4m. Financially, there is no comparison.'