IGNORED

Crouch

Like or lump it there is no denying the man scores goals and has a decent record with his current and previous clubs but for that kind of money he is not the sort of player i would bring in nor we need tbh we have a good strike force as it is we need our flanks bolstering more then anything so a no from me but only for the fact the money would be better spent in other area's.

Would no doubt play him if he was here, but we can't afford to put that kind of money into a position where we have some sort of cover. People forget we usually play with 1 striker and we have 3/4 senior strikers already (Not including Jo). Striker isn't our most pressing concern.

We have a lot of midfielders but no natural widemen, that's our main concern.

Although the Brazilian has impressed in his short spell at Goodison Park so far, City have not ruled him out of their plans for next season and would want at least £12million for a permanent deal.

This is the same amount Moyes is said to be confident would land Crouch from Fratton Park, although this could be further reduced if Pompey lose their top-flight status

If it says man city would want at least 12 mil to let jo go, and moyes thinks thats how much crouch is going to set us back.. then isnt it logic get jo? lets face it pompy are probs going to stay up abd jo has even admitted he would rather play for us than city, and hughes isnt that dumb to keep a player that would rather be of at another club... or is this just me with some rather wishful thinking :unsure:

Guest efctaxi
I want to be a winger Taxi, i'm left footed and i i still have a big margin of improvement :)

Just wing it , and you'll be ok :D

Dear me, fans fc will have come on here and seen the posts you've been making taxi and actually believed them, tossers the lot of them :lol::lol::lol:

Bless their cotton socks :)

Would no doubt play him if he was here, but we can't afford to put that kind of money into a position where we have some sort of cover. People forget we usually play with 1 striker and we have 3/4 senior strikers already (Not including Jo). Striker isn't our most pressing concern.

We have a lot of midfielders but no natural widemen, that's our main concern.

Agree .

Although the Brazilian has impressed in his short spell at Goodison Park so far, City have not ruled him out of their plans for next season and would want at least £12million for a permanent deal.

This is the same amount Moyes is said to be confident would land Crouch from Fratton Park, although this could be further reduced if Pompey lose their top-flight status

If it says man city would want at least 12 mil to let jo go, and moyes thinks thats how much crouch is going to set us back.. then isnt it logic get jo? lets face it pompy are probs going to stay up abd jo has even admitted he would rather play for us than city, and hughes isnt that dumb to keep a player that would rather be of at another club... or is this just me with some rather wishful thinking :unsure:

Jo is unproven , and expensive .

Crouch is expensive , because he is proven :)

Scores goals wherver he plays, his England record is quality, I'd take him over Jo any day of the week.

My only concern is the formation, 4-5-1, I don't see Crouch as a lone striker, he needs someone behind him, not a Cahill type player but an Arshavin type player, which would mean us buying another player (which we probably can't afford) and risks taking Cahill's place in the team (which I wouldn't want to do)

Can't argue with Crouch's goals though, and his bird is from the City which could add fuel to the speculation

• 2 weeks later...
He has not scored since August and is sidelined with knee ligament damage. Crouch faces an uncertain future this summer given Portsmouth's financial troubles.

There are too many negatives for him to remain at the club

(-) Fallout with Moyes

(-)Not scored since August

(-) Not that good of a player

(-) Injured, will he come back fully recovered..

He can go to be honest. The money that we will get for him will recoup someone better. Peter Crouch has been mentioned and that's great because he has been in fine for at Portsmouth. His height is an obvious factor in his game and his ballwork is just as good. I just hope that if he did sign we don't resort to 'hoof the ball up because he's tall' method.

Walters? ...There is no-one better?

I'd take Jo over Crouch to be honest. If Jo works on his finishing he'd be immense because he's very good at getting into 1 v 1's.

However I'd prefer Vagner Love - speedy little bugger and would go great with Yak.

Edited by `Moe Joe.