IGNORED

Shkodran Mustafi

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jens Todt the director of HSV's youth academy declared: "we really wanted to keep hold of Mustafi, but we simply can't and won't be forced in keeping up with Premiership clubs."

It wasn't an easy decision for Mustafi. "It was a very important decision regarding my future and I probably followed my feelings in the end."

Shkodran Mustafi signed a three year contract at Everton and HSV lost possible their brightest prospect in that. Jens Todt declared: "It was a bitter pill to swallow but not something that is going to keep us down. I just hope things like this don't happen to often."

Hopefully this is a sign that this summer we're looking to fill out our squad. It looks like we're going after (cheap) youngsters as well which is something we'll definitely be needing to do. I hope we look to make a bigish signing to go along with these sort of signings though.

It's good that we are signing players because of the small size the team is. He looks like a decent player from his statistics and could be a good player in years to come. I have full confidence in David Moyes and these players could bring something similar to what Rodwell & Gosling are at the moment. It's all good news and if Moyes is making signings now he must be looking to another few seasons as manager :)

I'm with Mark on the big signing, it would be good to have an established big money player in an Everton shirt come September.

Moutinhio or Owen would be nice B)

• 2 weeks later...

He only turned 17 last month... he'll not figure in the first team (league anyway) for a season at least, maybe 2.

He's an out an out central defender, so couldn't be pushed into midfield like Rodwell is.

Good signs for the future, however I don't see this lad as getting any number of games anytime soon.

He played for Germany U17's again last night in a 2-0 win over Holland. He apparently played well and almost scored with a header.

All his match reports are promising. From the sounds of it he will be quite a player when he gets to have his time in the Premiership. If he's almost scoring too that's a good sign. Someone who can get the ball from the back to the net and us from A to B.

And Mark, there is no official statement but with so many sources saying the same thing...

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/under17/n...sid=829952.html

Whole article about Mustafi, but here is a little bit from it.

Everton 'dream'

When the tournament finishes, Mustafi will travel to England to undergo a medical at Everton FC. "It was my dream to play for an English Premier League club, a dream come true," he said. "I have been there and tested out everything. I wanted to be sure everything was perfect and I felt very comfortable there, and that is why I joined. They give young players the chance to play in the first team and get experience, like Wayne Rooney, and that is the reason I went there."

So he has yet to have his medical, which is why the club will not have officially confirmed it yet. That should wrap up the slight confusion around the deal.

Edited by jamiemaher85

It's good to know that both sides are commited. The Everton came and watched him in Germany, he seems to have the right focus going into games and wants to make the XI that play week in and week out at Goodison. He turned down some other teams which I am pleased about, he'll give more to us now. Overall it's a great capture, I'm pleased B)

"We wanted to keep Shkodran happy, but we must accept his change. Happy are we? Of course not.

Hamburg seem really pissed about this move.

Churinga I totally agree. If Manchester United wanted him then he must be of some quality, if you look at the players they have produced then you will find a load o' talent. Mustafi looks to be a hot prospect for the future and a player which everyone has their beady eyes on, glad he chose us, welcomed with open arms. :D

The man with the two minute Everton career....now at Barnsley?

Don't remember United and Real after him though :huh: , unless it was Scunthorpe United and Real Skegness :) .

I know who he is now just didn't know him as Silva, I thought that's who he might of meant just never heard him jsut called Silva before though.

• 1 month later...