IGNORED

Shkodran Mustafi

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Ha ha ha at least somebody can see the funny side of all this!!!

...are you mental?!

Haha, on reflection I realise how silly it sounded. I meant primarily in the reserves, although surely the likes of Mustafi and Duffy are expected to step up at some stage?

Including the reserves and youth, Everton have about 8 centre-backs and there are only 2 first team places for centre backs in 4-4-2!

Haha, on reflection I realise how silly it sounded. I meant primarily in the reserves, although surely the likes of Mustafi and Duffy are expected to step up at some stage?

Including the reserves and youth, Everton have about 8 centre-backs and there are only 2 first team places for centre backs in 4-4-2!

They're both very very young, most people don't even consider Rodwell to be a viable CB option this year. And Rodwell is probably the brightest prospect in English football.

I doubt Rodwell will be a CB for a long time and the more he plays he may well end up as a defensive midfielder.

Duffy reminds me of Robert Huth (which I mean as a compliment) so if he progresses then it would be good to see him at CB for the 1st team. I think you rarely see an 18/19 year old starting for the 1st team at CB so Duffy needs to sit tight and keep impressing.

I doubt Rodwell will be a CB for a long time and the more he plays he may well end up as a defensive midfielder.

Duffy reminds me of Robert Huth (which I mean as a compliment) so if he progresses then it would be good to see him at CB for the 1st team. I think you rarely see an 18/19 year old starting for the 1st team at CB so Duffy needs to sit tight and keep impressing.

I watched Duffy playing against Rochdale the other day and he had a bit of a nightmare so I definitely dont think he is ready for the Prem just yet

I watched the same game and I would not describe it as a nightmare. He was inexperienced at times but on the whole showed why he was brought here so young.

He had a 25 minutes or so where he was caught in possesion, was misplacing passes, getting pulled out of position, giving away daft free kicks, he looked way out of his depth and was clearly rattled, Moyse even took him off at half time and put Hibbo at CB

If Rochdales forwards had thhat effect on him imagine what Torres would do.

Im not writting him off on the back of 45 minutes of football Im just saying he is definitely not ready for the Prem

He had a 25 minutes or so where he was caught in possesion, was misplacing passes, getting pulled out of position, giving away daft free kicks, he looked way out of his depth and was clearly rattled, Moyse even took him off at half time and put Hibbo at CB

If Rochdales forwards had thhat effect on him imagine what Torres would do.

Im not writting him off on the back of 45 minutes of football Im just saying he is definitely not ready for the Prem

While I agree that he is probably not ready for the Premiership, Duffy played just over an hour and not 45 minutes as you say and while I'm biased, I genuinely believe his level of performance wasn't exclusive to him. The whole team had nightmare moments; Hibbert failed to adequately track back and Wallace failed to cover, meaning Duffy had to close the gaps created, the great Phil Neville gave away a terrible penalty and I saw Lescott give the ball away on several occasions. I reckon Moyes only stuck Hibbert in centre-half because he wanted to give Coleman a run out and didn't want to replace Hibbert or Baines (and Lescott could be his golden-goose, so to speak). He didn't seem to have any other viable options for centre-half on the bench either. Was Mustafi even there??

Duffy showed his potential in the Rochdale game and capped the performance with a nicely taken goal. If he's playing reasonably confidently at this age, can you imagine him when he's say, 19? Incidentally (and keeping on-topic) Duffy and Mustafi played alongside each other the other day in a reserve game. Perhaps that's a future combination for Everton?

While I agree that he is probably not ready for the Premiership, Duffy played just over an hour and not 45 minutes as you say and while I'm biased, I genuinely believe his level of performance wasn't exclusive to him. The whole team had nightmare moments; Hibbert failed to adequately track back and Wallace failed to cover, meaning Duffy had to close the gaps created, the great Phil Neville gave away a terrible penalty and I saw Lescott give the ball away on several occasions. I reckon Moyes only stuck Hibbert in centre-half because he wanted to give Coleman a run out and didn't want to replace Hibbert or Baines (and Lescott could be his golden-goose, so to speak). He didn't seem to have any other viable options for centre-half on the bench either. Was Mustafi even there??

Duffy showed his potential in the Rochdale game and capped the performance with a nicely taken goal. If he's playing reasonably confidently at this age, can you imagine him when he's say, 19? Incidentally (and keeping on-topic) Duffy and Mustafi played alongside each other the other day in a reserve game. Perhaps that's a future combination for Everton?

Im not having a go at him he could turn out to be a decent player but against Rochdale he looked awful IMO. He started out well enough but he made one horrendous pass about 20 minutes into the game and it seemed to effect his confidence because for about half an hour after that everything he did went wrong for him

Hello Noddy, are you sure it was Neville who gave the penalty away. ?

I havent seen any highlights but i read a report somewhere and i dont think it mentioned Neville as giving the penalty away.

It said fellaini gave away the pen on ssn but to me it looked clearly like it was captain phil.

Noddy - "Hibbert failed to adequately track back...the great Phil Neville gave away a terrible penalty"

You say this like it is not normal....!!!! Hibbo not tracking back....did you not see the FA cup final???

:D I wouldn't have so much of a problem with it if he did anything going forward, but he's awful going forward! And when he does go forward, he shoes the ball for a goal kick or to the defence and then gets caught out on the break :/

And I agree with Noddy, I thought Duffy was easily on par with Lescott at Rochdale, and IMO played better than Hibbert. Wallace was awful tracking back and caused a huge problem for Hibbert and Duffy.

Not to say he was perfect but it genuinely was difficult to pick out the U-18 in the back 4 when Duffy was on.

:D I wouldn't have so much of a problem with it if he did anything going forward, but he's awful going forward! And when he does go forward, he shoes the ball for a goal kick or to the defence and then gets caught out on the break :/

And I agree with Noddy, I thought Duffy was easily on par with Lescott at Rochdale, and IMO played better than Hibbert. Wallace was awful tracking back and caused a huge problem for Hibbert and Duffy.

Not to say he was perfect but it genuinely was difficult to pick out the U-18 in the back 4 when Duffy was on.

lol well I spotted him and the Rochdale players certainly managed to work it out

• 1 year later...

not really what i'd like to hear, nor is it what i think would be best for the club at this point. distin is getting up in years and who know's whether johnny will still be here come the end of summer. i think next season will be the time for duffy and mustafi to start getting some playing time and transitioning to the first team.

• 6 months later...

Gone to Sampdoria?

The Sport Director of the Sensitive Paschal Sampdoria has completed, a P2o to surprise, its third party purchase of the January market. Draft of Shkodran Mustafi, defender centers them class '92 of the Everton. The boy has been born to Bad Hersfeld in Germany, but he has origins Albanians, like demonstrates its last name. Product of the juvenile field of the Amburgo, from two years made part of the rose of the squdra English, but it has played mostly in the square Reservoirs, with the only apparition in First square in December 2009 in Europe League against the Bate Borisov. The greater satisfactions have had to them up to now with the juvenile Germans, of which ago it leave since Under 16. In World-wide October 2009 it has participated to Under 17 in Nigeria and has marked also a net. Currently he is the captain of Under 20. Great physical preroom, is difficult to exceed and has also a good foot that the door often to being able to play also to centrocampo. With the blucerchiato club it has signed a contract of 4 years and means and has arrived to parameter zero since the contract with the Toffies expired to next june, but existed a clause that would have freed it also six months before. From today it will be on hand of mister the Iachini to Bogliasco that will test the qualities and will decide some if to hold it in First square or to send it makes boneses in the Spring. of Orrù Mark

http://blogs.soccernet.com/onthemove/archives/2012/01/sunderland_star_shock_arsenal_1.php

10.47 GMT: Everton defender Shkodran Mustafi has passed a medical at Serie B side Sampdoria this morning, according to Calcio Mercato. He joined Everton from Hamburg in 2009 but hasn't been able to break through into the first-team reckoning.

Brilliant. At least it clears the way for us to sign another young centre back in the window who can play for our reserves and then move on before being given a chance.

Developing kids isn't just about what they can do for us, but what we can do for them. He'll move on a wiser player as a result of his time here.