IGNORED

Favourite Managers

CraccerC

As the topic says, who are your favourite managers in the game other than Moysey.

Past or Prescent I guess!

For me...

Jose Mourinho - legend, fantastic manager and a great charisma

Ian Holloway - wrong career, should be a comedian.

Edited by CraccerC

Mourinho - like you said mike legend

Holloway is a fuckign comedy genious, when he was at Plymouth and they played real madrid, when asked what did it feel like he fell off the chair in shock hahahaha brilliant

Roy Keane - tells it like it is, truthfully says if his players were shit or not.

mourinho all the way. just the infamous old trafford touchline run makes him a legend :D but he always could handle the SAF mind games and was just so arrogant but could back it up. quality manager the english game misses him.

wenger also cos i just like his policy and its a shame he is gonna have to change it to compete but give them kids a few years

David Moyes of course but seeing as this is non-Everton then he can't be in the list :( For me it would I would have:

Jose Mourinhio (He is just the best manager in the world right now, he could turn a team like Carlisle into Champions League favourites)

Sir Alex Ferguson (All those years at Manchester United and he's managed to keep everything in order, one of the best managers England has seen)

Guus Hiddink (Maybe not the best spell at Chelsea but just look at his successes with South Korea and Russia)

Guest efctaxi

Mourinho ?

Not exactly had it hard as he ? Benfica , Porto , Chelsea and Inter ?

Great personality , but far too much adulation in my eyes .

Bobby Robson ? Now there was a great managaer ;)

This season , my respect goes out to the Stoke , Fulham , and Wigan managers .

Hiddink has to be up there for the way he conducts himself. True proffesional.

Holloway makes me laugh but he's failry inept as a manager. I always liked hearing him as a pundit.

I've got alot of time for Owen Coyle, i think he's done a great job.

Favourite manager of all time? Brian Clough. No explenation needed. None at all.

Mourinho ?

Not exactly had it hard as he ? Benfica , Porto , Chelsea and Inter ?

Great personality , but far too much adulation in my eyes .

Bobby Robson ? Now there was a great managaer ;)

This season , my respect goes out to the Stoke , Fulham , and Wigan managers .

We;re not talknig about their achievements though, just who we like.

Louis Van Gaal - For winning with flair and always being an entertaining character

Arsene Wenger - For putting out one of the most enjoyable EPL teams for a neutral to watch (usually) and still building his teams the right way even in the era of big money

Thomas Schaaf - Because he knows the meaning of loyalty; this guy's been at Werder Bremen for almost 40 years, as a youth teamer, player, coach, and now 10 years as manager. Plus his teams are (again) usually pretty easy to watch as a neutral.

Edited by JD in DC

Guest efctaxi

dont know how to post as a video sorry just the link but i love this :D

the holloway bird one is a classic

On the subject of managers.

Sunderland want Wigan boss Steve Bruce to succeed Ricky Sbragia as their new manager, BBC Sport understands. Bruce, 48, has been in charge of Wigan, who finished 11th in the Premier League, since he left Birmingham for the JJB Stadium in November 2007.

Dave Whelan said Bruce would only leave Wigan for a top 4 side, deluded fool. He's apparently given Bruce permission to speak to Sunderland as well.

Sorry mate but Whelan is not deluded or a fool. Just think what he has done in the game, took Wigan from the Cheshire league to the Premiership, his club continues to make annual profits (selling players at huge profits having acquired them for peanuts) and may get upto £5 mil for a manager who was cast out by Brum.........................while doing that he built his business empire, sold it and then bought half back at a big profit to himself.....................................he is possibly the most astute guy in football having played top flight soccer himself. I have always hoped he would pack Wigan in and join our board (his is also a big mate of Bill K)

Sorry mate but Whelan is not deluded or a fool. Just think what he has done in the game, took Wigan from the Cheshire league to the Premiership, his club continues to make annual profits (selling players at huge profits having acquired them for peanuts) and may get upto £5 mil for a manager who was cast out by Brum.........................while doing that he built his business empire, sold it and then bought half back at a big profit to himself.....................................he is possibly the most astute guy in football having played top flight soccer himself. I have always hoped he would pack Wigan in and join our board (his is also a big mate of Bill K)

I'm talking about nothing other than his statement that Bruce would only leave Wigan for a top 4 side, and unless I've missed something Sunderland are not that. Hence the deluded fool comment.