IGNORED

Andy Johnson

thinking back i remember feeling gutted when he left.now looking back at what we achieved last season without him and getting over 10 million for him do you think it turned out as a great deal for us in the end?he never gets a mention for England now. interested in other peoples views on this.

Perfect time to sell. His form for Fulham has been good but nothing of what he was doing at Crystal Palace and Everton. When he was up at Goodison England was on the horizon, nowadays he has slipped further and further down the pecking order and dosen't look like getting a first team place once again. IMO he is a good man, a good footballer but not good enough for this club. His goal tally hasn't been impressive at Fulham and without him we have been able to bring in better and cement another place in Europe.

thinking back i remember feeling gutted when he left.

Felt the same about James Beattie.

Perfect time to sell. His form for Fulham has been good but nothing of what he was doing at Crystal Palace and Everton. When he was up at Goodison England was on the horizon, nowadays he has slipped further and further down the pecking order and dosen't look like getting a first team place once again. IMO he is a good man, a good footballer but not good enough for this club. His goal tally hasn't been impressive at Fulham and without him we have been able to bring in better and cement another place in Europe.

Felt the same about James Beattie.

i did as well

To be honest I had raised eye brows for quite some time with my criticism of him, I never seen him as being strong enough to compete with centre halves who are now quick enough to neutralise his pace and use their bodies against him. Against skyrtle in the zenit game, he looked like a boy. Great trier but alas not top standard, always preffered Vaughan over him when fit.

We didn't play his style of game an i think thats why he went.

he relied on pace and running at defenders, but we always played him out wide.

he Also about 2 foot tall an we play alot of wing-crossing an he was easly out jumped an din't have Cahills nack of being in the right palce at the right time.

Was a good deal, however left us short.

I was more gutted Mcfadden left

We didn't play his style of game an i think thats why he went.

he relied on pace and running at defenders, but we always played him out wide.

he Also about 2 foot tall an we play alot of wing-crossing an he was easly out jumped an din't have Cahills nack of being in the right palce at the right time.

Was a good deal, however left us short.

I was more gutted Mcfadden left

I dont remember us ever playing him out wide.................He did alot of running though.. sadly that doesnt get you goals...

The man missed so many one on ones... he just couldnt put the ball in the net...

Basically he wasnt good enough..... Great deal getting rid when we did....

I dont remember us ever playing him out wide.................He did alot of running though.. sadly that doesnt get you goals...

The man missed so many one on ones... he just couldnt put the ball in the net...

Basically he wasnt good enough..... Great deal getting rid when we did....

i ment the balls were played out wide to him, hforcing him to chase lost causes or going miles out of postion an leaving no one in the middle.

I still fondly remember him hassling Titus Bramble near the sideline in the rain, Brame turns inside to backpass and is forced off balance and slips, AJ gets the ball full sprint runs at the keeper and puts it through his legs.

I miss AJ :(

I still fondly remember him hassling Titus Bramble near the sideline in the rain, Brame turns inside to backpass and is forced off balance and slips, AJ gets the ball full sprint runs at the keeper and puts it through his legs.

I miss AJ :(

I didnt think I would miss him much, but im quite gutted to not have him here anymore, I would rather have fellaini because we need a player like him more but A.J would be welcome back anyday as long as he still has his pace, he never got the credit for his performances at us but his pace will get him goals wherever he is at.

Edited by Blue4Ever