IGNORED

Everton Takeover?

Now all the frenzy has stopped I have had time to gather my thoughts and think about the last few days........

Is it just possible that the statement from WAM should not have come out ??

How many players have we been linked with recently 10,15,20.

How many would command a high fee ie Moutinho,M`Bia,Deffour,Delph,Naughton.

How many would we class as a good possibility of signing ?

How much would we have to pay to get these players 20-30-40 mill

Now if it became public about a takeover how much more would these players cost,how many millions would be put on? eg Man City.

Probably am clutchin at straws but this rumour about a takeover/investment at Everton has been pretty strong for a while now,and maybe it makes sense to keep it all quiet until we have done all our transfer business.

Just a thought :rolleyes:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest efctaxi
Now all the frenzy has stopped I have had time to gather my thoughts and think about the last few days........

Now if it became public about a takeover how much more would these players cost,how many millions would be put on? eg Man City.

Probably am clutchin at straws but this rumour about a takeover/investment at Everton has been pretty strong for a while now,and maybe it makes sense to keep it all quiet until we have done all our transfer business.

I said the same thing in the ' have we got money thread ' ( yes I'm a pro itk lol ) a few days before the news was made public .

If only :D

Mmmmmmmmmm interesting theory

Get the best possible price for players but also awaiting the outcome of DK, part of the enqiury was that we were unable to afford a new stadium on our own, announcing the takeover might have a bearing on the decision

Makes sense to wait a few month or so

• 1 year later...

If we're on a shortlist with Newcastle and Spurs, then we're certainly bottom of that shortlist. The toon have a fairly unrivalled local support base (whereas we have the Shite the contend with), and Spurs, being a London club and with Champions League money coming in, are always going to look a better buy than poor old Everton and her crumbling old stadium.-

I'm sure this is probably just another rumor that will never come close to coming true, but if we were to theoretically be bought out by big foreign money, I wouldn't want to end up like Man City. Of course I'd like to upgrade the squad and buy some better players, but what Man City is doing is over the top, and I don't want to see Everton become a club that just ships in and ships out expensive players like used car dealers.

The new UEFA regulations would prevent us being able to 'do a city', that is unless a new owner would be willing to forgo European football for a chance at the Premier League.

There was interest back in 2007 from Qatar Investment Authorities

Just wondering, what are these regulations?

city, chelsea, man u and redshite are all on course to not be eligible then aren't they?

i wonder what will happen to the premier league's european places if teams that are ineligible financially finish in them. would they go to the next highest finisher or would the PL be penalized and have spots be voided for having poorly run clubs?

I would say this break away league is looking more likely if this happens, the revenue the clubs would lose by not being in the Champs league will be huge, plus if the major clubs are not involved it wont command the type of revenue it does now. I can see the logic behind this but it will be subject to major depate and challenge.